Pups_r_Paps

P-is-for-Papillon - MOC #5-1

P-is-for-Papillon - MOC #5-1
Pups_r_Paps, Jan 1, 2017
Description:
JOURNALING:

P is for Papillon – a French word meaning “butterfly”. My three male dogs are Papillons, characterized by their large, fringed upright ears which resemble a butterfly’s outspread wings. Papillons are very intelligent, spirited little dogs that are friendly and adventurous.

I first saw a Papillon at a dog show in San Francisco and fell in love. I spoke with a number of breeders trying to learn as much as I could about them and then did research on the internet. A few years after I became aware of Papillons, a very special one, Loteki SuperNatural Being, won the 1999 Westminster Dog Show. At the time, we had two English Setters and a Chihuahua in our family so I knew my dream of a Papillon would have to wait.

Shortly after we moved to Florida, in April 2003, I adopted my first Papillon, Bijou. All the previous Papillons I had seen were white and black, but Bijou is a white and sable Pap. Except for his coloring, he is everything I thought a Papillon should be. Papillons are like potato chips – you can’t have just one. So we now have two more Paps – Beaux D joined our family as a companion for Bijou and as a show dog. I was very lucky and proud to show Beaux D to his championship, finishing in April 2006. Trooper came along a couple of years later and was just one win shy of becoming a champion himself when he had to retire due to illness.

So, this is why “P” is an important letter to me and why my forum name is “Pups_r_Paps”.

CREDITS: (some items recolored) “Woof”, Bella Gypsy; “Note to Self”, etc by Danyale
    • KAPOH
      Wonderful story and such beautiful pups. Love the pics and the way they are connected with the cording.
    • wombat146
      What sweet little dogs they are! love your journaling and love the soft blues on your page. Fabulous layout!
    • StefanieS
      Well done and so quick. Love your choice of the letter and the sense of movement the string adds to lead the eye through all of the stunning photos.
    • ArmyGrl
      LOL....you made me laugh with "Papillons are like potato chips"! Your babies are gorgeous and thank you for educating me about the breed. Good luck it you chose to do future shows.
    • crazsquaw
      my first thought when I saw this was AWWWWWW! So adorable, great design too!
    • Nemla
      Love the rope that binds them all together, and your story.
    • adriablack
      Wonderful page! I love all the cute doggy pictures and how you cropped them in circles and placed diagonally across the page! Your story and journaling is fantastic, and I totally laughed at "Papillons are like potato chips"!! Also, I love how you incorporated the butterflies into your page and explained the connection in your journaling!
    • sparagus
      Aw so cute. Love how you incorporated the butterflies!
    • mrs2a50
      Awww, these sweet babies! Love the story behind their breed, and how you got them!
    • scrappydonna
      they're so adorable. lovely page!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Member Galleries
    Uploaded By:
    Pups_r_Paps
    Date:
    Jan 1, 2017
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    124.6 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    495px
    Height:
    640px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).