Hello everyone! Did everyone enjoy playing along with our Month of Challenges (MOC)? I know I did! I’m already counting down to next year!
It’s Polly Karen here and we are back to our regularly scheduled programming with new batch of monthly challenges. Each month we have 8 brand new challenges that are posted in the forum Challenge Pad on the 1st (the BYOC Challenge is posted on the 1st Friday of the month.) You can use the challenges simply to inspire you to keep creating new layouts OR you can also earn yourself a fabulous coupon for your next shopping trip in the Lilypad Store. (2 challenges = 10%, 4 challenges = 20% and 6 challenges = 30%). Those who complete at least 7 challenges will be entered in a drawing for a $50 gift certificate! Isn’t that an awesome prize?!?! You’ll get lots of great memories captured in your scrapbooks AND you could win a fat gift certificate prize!!! Pretty great, right?! So let’s take a look at this month’s new batch of challenges!
1. BYOC Challenge – First up is the BYOC Challenge. This challenge is hosted and posted by Lori (lcpereyra) and the challenge is to use 90% of the products on your page from the current BYOC collection and from at least 3 designers. Here is a sample layout created by Lori to get you started:
2. Template Challenge – Christa (cfile), is hosting the Template Challenge for February. The challenge is to use the free template supplied by Sabrina’s Creations and create a layout using it. Here’s a look at the free template followed by a sample that Christa created:
3. Scraplift Challenge – The Scraplift Challenge for February is hosted by Natasha (bcnatty) and she has selected Angie (Angie4b1g)’s Gallery to scraplift from this month. Simply go to Angie’s Gallery and select a page that you love and then create your own layout inspired by it. Natasha chose this great page by Angie and then made a scraplifted version:
4. Photography Challenge – The Photography Challenge for this month is hosted by Courtney (bestcee) and she is challenging you to take and scrap a photo that uses the rule of thirds. Here is a sample layout Courtney created with her son’s face at the rule of thirds intersection:
5. Random Challenge – Ashley (ashleywb) is hosting February’s Random Challenge. Ashley is keeping the spirit of MOC7 alive by letting you choose one of the 31 challenges posted last month and take a second crack at it. If there’s one you really loved or maybe one you didn’t get a chance to finish, now you can! Here is a list of all 31 challenges and the following is Ashley’s 2nd layout for Day 4, the blending technique:
6. Style Challenge – The Style Challenge for February is hosted by Em (Justagirl) and she’s calling this style “HEART IT”. Your layout must showcase a really big heart and that heart must stand out. This following page is a gorgeous sample created by Em:
7. Inspiration Challenge – Jenn (jk703) is hosting this month’s Inspiration Challenge and she shows us a perfect example of finding inspiration in items all around us. She was inspired by the tissue box on her desk and the gradient coloring and leaf design. Here’s a look at the tissue box followed by Jenn’s great layout:
8. Journaling Challenge – Finally we have the last challenge of the month, the Journaling Challenge hosted by Heather (HeatherB). Heather is challenging you to do your journaling in the form of an interview that consists of at least 5 questions and 5 answers. Here is a great sample page that Heather created from an interview with her son: