I think it’s safe to say that we’re all feeling a little stressed right now. With our lives turned upside down because of the COVID 19 virus that is impacting every part of the world, we’re dealing with a lot more day to day stress. We’re managing changes in home, work, school, schedules and worrying about our loved ones.
Today I have ten tips for self-care during stressful times to share with you and I printable that you can print out and keep nearby to remind you to take care of yourself.
Here are my ten self-care tips:
- Create // We are all creatives here and creating brings us joy and can also relieve some of the stress that we are feeling. So, create! Create a scrapbook page, an art journaling layout, work on a project or album, draw, paint, doodle, sew, or craft! This may be a great time to try something new to get your creative juices flowing, or you may find comfort in your beloved crafts.
- Reach out to a friend // Social distancing doesn’t have to meal social isolation. I am so thankful that technology allows us to continue to connect with our family and friends during this time! Send a friend a text, find community in the forum here at The Lilypad, create a WhatsApp group, or schedule a phone and/or video call.
- Exercise // Exercise is such a great way to relieve stress and take care of your body during a stressful season! There are a ton of resources available for free or low-cost right now, too. My yoga studio is offering online classes through ZOOM and I’ve taken a class every day for the past week. I’m also making time for walks as well.
- Read // Getting lost in a good book if my favorite way to relax. I’m in the middle of a 500-page saga about Churchill during World War II right now and reading about the constant bombing of London is helping me to keep my current situation in perspective. I’m going for something light and fluffy as soon as I finish this, though!
- Listen to Music // The right music has the power to totally change my mood! I’ve found some fun, upbeat playlists on Spotify to play when I’m feeling down and I love a good dance party with my kids to work off stress!
- Take a Deep Breath (or two) // When you start to feel anxiety and stress build stop for a moment and remember to take a deep breath. It may not make your worries go away, but it will calm your mind and help you relax for a bit.
- Go Outside // Going outside into the fresh air and feeling the sunshine on your skin is so good!! Take a moment to step outside and get some Vitamin D. It will be so good for your spirit!
- Take a Relaxing Bath (or refreshing shower) // Treat yourself to a moment to relax in a warm and soothing bath OR refresh with a shower at the end of a stressful day.
- Eat a Delicious Meal or Snack // I have been baking so much lately!! Take a moment to sit down and enjoy a favorite meal or snack. Savor the tastes and sensations that this treat delivers.
- Pray and/or Mediate // Take a moment to pray and cast your burdens down.
I have one additional tip and that is to allow yourself lots of grace right now. Allow yourself to feel all of your feelings without judgment. Life can be hard and stressful, we don’t do ourselves any favors by trying to deny that.
You can click here to download and print the above printable of self-care tips.
The community here at The Lilypad is here for you!! Stay healthy and safe, friends.