Fall has arrived and so has the Pumpkin Spice Lattes at Starbucks. You can run out to Starbucks and buy the nearly $5.00 Pumpkin Spice Latte or you can skip the line and save a few bucks in the process. Today, I’m going to share with you a budget friendly pumpkin spice coffee recipe. If you search pumpkin spice coffee recipes online you will actually find quite a few recipes that are available. This recipe is my version of the treasured fall treat that is Pumpkin Spice.
2 tbsp of coffee beans, coffee grounds
2 ounces of milk or non dairy creamer
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
6-12 oz of water
cinnamon sticks or ground cinnamon(optional)
sugar (optional, to taste)
coffee pot or other brewing device
Gather the ingredients and supplies listed above and let’s begin.
1. Measure and place the coffee grounds in the filter basket of the coffee machine. I generally use 2 tablespoons of coffee grounds per six ounces, but this can be adjusted to taste.
2. Measure 1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice and pour it over the coffee grounds.
3. Use a spoon to stir the pumpkin pie spice with the coffee grounds until mixed well.
4. Brew the coffee as per usual. You will be surrounded by the yummy fall smells of the pumpkin pie spice brewing. Mmm
5. Once the coffee is finished brewing, pour 6 ounces into a large coffee cup.
6. Add 2 ounces of milk or creamer. Then and sugar to taste.
7. Stir with a cinnamon stick for an added kick of spice.