It’s Kayla, aka keepscrappin, dropping in today to show you a quick trick to get some mosaic magic with your photos.
I used Scrapping with Liz’s Multi-Mini templates which are 50% off in today’s SOSN sale for my layout. These templates work great for scrapping multiple photos, but did you know they also work like magic as a mosaic photo overlay for a single photo?
Here’s my layout using some products that are discounted in today’s SOSN sale. Click on layout for full credits.
It’s easy to get the mosaic magic look in just a few steps.
1. Duplicate and merge (ctrl, alt E) all the photo layers into one photo layer.
2. Move merged photo layer below all the individual photo layers and rename it – all in one photo.
3. Clip a photo (ctrl, alt G) to the all in one photo layer.
4. Turn off the visibility (click eye on layer) for some of the photo layers, so you can see your subject.
5. Change the blend mode of the visible squares to get a cool effect. I used these blend modes (color burn, screen, soft light, vivid light, hard light, overlay) on various squares to get the look I wanted. Your photo may look better with different blend modes, so use the arrow keys to scroll through the blend modes to see what works best.
6. Finish up your layout as desired.
I hope this trick helps you make some mosaic magic with your photos.
Until next time, take care and keep scrappin