Week 3 - Inspiration

Discussion in 'Summer School 2022' started by Sara, Jul 18, 2022.

1. Sara

Sara Riding in the Neil mobile

Here is this week's inspiration thread where you are welcome to share favorites from your gallery or ideas, images, projects or any content that relates to the Social Studies themes (History, Journalism) or sale products themes (Pocket Scrapping, Journal Cards, Traveler's Notebooks, and past MPM kits).

I am often inspired by the beautiful creativity that lives here at The Pad. Here are a few projects and page that makes my heart happy.

I love how @Mrivas plays with different photo sizes and marries them cohesively with pocket cards, keeping everything story-centric.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And I always marvel at the creative ways @jenn mccabe utilizes pockets cards and products in her hybrid creations. Oooooh Aaahhh.

[​IMG]

I would love to see the ways you're inspired by all things pocket-y and traveler's notebook-y and journal cards! It's such a versatile element for telling our stories.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2022
    umyesh, Karen, keepscrappin and 4 others like this.
  2. G.J.

G.J. If I Could Turn Back Time

Beautiful layouts, thanks for the inspiration

Sara and norton94 like this.
  3. Mrivas

Mrivas I know how to spit like a man

Pocket scrapping is still my favorite way of documenting life! ❤️

4. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

5. norton94

norton94 Thank goodness I'm still a Well-Known Member

Today I wanted to remind people, along our journalism theme, that interviews serve as great documentation of the here and now of yourself or your favorite people. I used to do one routinely for special birthdays or new school years when my kids were growing up. I need to get back to this... mental note :)

There have been several great blog articles about interviewing over the years. Here are a couple I found to demonstrate my point. This post by @KittyY is a fantastic one and she even offers a printout of suggested questions with a couple of layout examples too. Please check it out!

[​IMG]

And this one by Monica @dailydwelling talks about interviews for the last day of school.
    She's got a super cute printable too!
    [​IMG]

Here are a few I've done (linked to gallery for credits and details)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

This spread is more of a narration from my son of his school day. Another related journalism style of scrapping!
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 19, 2022
    keepscrappin and Sara like this.
  6. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

I love using journal cards in place of photos on templates with a BIG photo as the background.

[​IMG]

tanteva and norton94 like this.
  7. norton94

norton94 Thank goodness I'm still a Well-Known Member

Documenting your world here and now is another tip for this week's theme. Documenting news from the headlines or even community happenings can really be interesting in years to come. I remember being amazed by information in my grandmother's album about what common groceries like a loaf of bread cost. Also it was fascinating to read what my grandmother received for high school graduation - more utilitarian and modest gifts like a "Revlon nail polish" from her sister and brother in law or a $2 check from her Aunt Lydia. It may not seem that interesting now, but to your kids as adults or to future generations it will likely be quite different! If you are documenting a home project for example, consider scanning receipts or estimates.

Monica @dailydwelling wrote a great blog post about documenting the pandemic, but I think it also applies to so much more than something this monumental. You can be the keeper of history for your children or your family.
    [​IMG]

Like a lot of people I used those tips and made a page about the strange times of 2020...
    [​IMG]

Life Right Now: Wisconsin in the News by @bonnenuit
    [​IMG]

2020 March 10 Coronavirus Pandemic by @Iowan
    [​IMG]

Beside news or politics there are numerous other topics that bring you back to this moment in time:
    1) Pop culture - movies, music, tv, award winners, celebrities, etc.
    2) Favorites - listing your top 5 or 10 for this month captures a snippet of right now pretty well. You can list what you are reading, watching, where you went, what you're eating, fave song etc.
    3) Lists - gratitude, wish list, presents, invited guests, schools applying to attend, playlist, books read, groceries etc.
    4) Details - more detailed info on obsessions, friendships, hobbies, new skills, milestones, home projects

Here are a few examples
    Hanna's TV Guide by @Vrielinkie
    [​IMG]

Summer Play List by @MishSpar
    [​IMG]

Consider capturing your history in your pages. It's really fun looking back!

8. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

I love how Mrivas pocket scraps! Those pages never cease to amaze me. Thanks for the inspiration!

norton94 likes this.