Plans for 2020 PL

Discussion in 'Project Life/365/52' started by klee73010, Dec 23, 2019.

1. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

2. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

You can open the link and see the date products without having to do Pinterest. It's like browsing just her date stamp lines.
    Is there a specific type of date stamp you are looking for? Posting a thread with ISO is another way to get suggestions if you want something specific.

NBK-Design likes this.
  3. NBK-Design

NBK-Design Designer

thanks Courtney for the help :-)
    I just did a search in the shop. maybe that will bit help you. http://bit.ly/2ZRQaEY

bestcee likes this.
  4. berniek

berniek I have a girl crush on the Naming Fairy

Since last year, I stopped after only six weeks ( :cry ), I’m reusing last years plans. I’m working with a fixed template on the right page and a chosen one for the left. To keep it interesting. But I have a bunch of easy ones that I can just pop in if I don’t want to be creative or have no time. I’ve got 53 files ready, complete with background papers, week number cards and shadows. So this should be doable. But I said that last year.

bestcee and klee73010 like this.
  5. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I just made my own from a previous year's that I had gotten at another shop (designer no longer there, I've already checked) and it took me over six hours to do. I did look at the pinterest link and saw nothing even remotely like I want.

Believe me, I have searched the shop multiple times and the closest I can find is by Paislee Press but it includes journal cards which I will not use and will not buy because of that.

6. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

yeeeesssssssss!!! I love the messy/artsy look on my pages because life is messy. I particularly the stitching, tiny washi, sequins... those are fabulous on your cards!

one suggestion I have - the PL app currently does not support bringing PNGs into the app. If you make a journal card with stitching or something, it would be easier to bring it in the app if it's trimmed down (no transparency off the edges) and into a JPG format. If you only sell PNGs, I will attempt to trim them and make them JPGs myself. LOL
    also there are a lot of other apps that will use the PNGs, so it's not imperative. Just making a suggestion.

One other suggestion I have - month on a tag, stapled to a card maybe - much like that tag you have in the top right corner card? with a month stamped on it or something.
    :beat

7. klee73010

Nicole I have finally thought of my perfect project with these you are making. I am so excited to start working on it after you release them this weekend! the clean look of these intimidated me for a bit, but I thought of something to do with them, so now I'm ready. :beat

NBK-Design likes this.
  8. Rovanice

Rovanice Active Member

Is there anyone who has more than 1 kid and makes just one book? For the last years I've made books for each kid but now that I have 3 it's undoable to create 3 different books and also keep track. So I want to do one big family book but I think I will have to many pictures to make 1 spread a week.

Is there anyone who does this and can show me an example?

9. NBK-Design

NBK-Design Designer

Wow so happy you Love my new product line. I can’t wait to have it in the shop on the 10th

Nicole | NBK-Design

10. NBK-Design

NBK-Design Designer

The more I go into that easy peasy theme the more ideas I get. Just working ona toolbox with different styles for the labels. [​IMG]

Nicole | NBK-Design

11. klee73010

I don't have a lot of examples, but i can say my project life is our family, and i only do one. I have 2 children. They will eventually also have their own books with things like their birthday interviews, annual photo compilations, maybe a handful of stories or events specific to them. But as a general rule, the project life book is all about the whole family and i only make one.

I think it also depends how you scrap, and how you organize your albums.

For me, we have the project life project album which is just our daily life. I do not do this project every year, because frankly, it doesn't inspire me or help me feel creative. It's just a thing i do so that it's recorded. I have only completed 2016.
    Here's a 2016 page... i made this album 6x8 in the project life app.
    [​IMG]

Then i will make a yearly album of actual scrapbook layouts...
    Something like this... I make layouts for stories in our year. Depending on the year, these are printed in 8x8 and i slide into protective sleeves, or i might print a whole year in a bound book 10x10 or 12x12... depending on who is having a sale and cost.

Here is an example of a page i probably wouldn't include in the family "year book", it would go into my son's book. Some of these pages may actually go into a family year book and not their books. All depends on printing space and layout counts.

Their baby books have their stories from infancy, which are not completed. My oldest has birth to 3 months, and thats it. :giggle

Idk if that helps you or not... hopefully it does!

12. Rachel Jefferies

Rachel Jefferies Designer

Yay and thanks for your comments :)

My layouts (minus my photos and journaling!) will be available for sale as a layered 9x12 and 12x12 templates. They will include the finished cards you see, and the layers of labels, staples, tape, paint, stitching and other elements etc. on separate layers so you can move things around and change to suit etc.

Currently the Mixed Media Pocket Cards in my shop are in JPG format. I'll need to check the cards in collaborations but I am pretty sure all of mine are JPG format but I will check! So if I understand correctly you are interested in sets of filler cards that are pre-embellished and saved in JPG format that you can drop straight into your app . .

The months on tags, I do have several sets of date stamps where you could snag the month off the front of them and add them to your cards etc. - All be it that will cost you time if you have to open your scrapping programme to customise your cards. Just to check my understanding correctly you'd like a set of filler (or note?) cards with labels on them with each month of the year stamped and saved in JPG format that you can drop straight into your app . .

Anything else, let me know!

NBK-Design likes this.
  13. NBK-Design

NBK-Design Designer

So here are some date tags. One pack with over 2700 png files. Plus brush files. 2 packs with editable tags. Plus one pack with styles. Which is in the making.
    I guess you will have a great start with 3 starter sets into your project life. Simple clean. And nevertheless versatile. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Nicole | NBK-Design

klee73010 likes this.
  14. klee73010

Yes! Exactly what i was thinking. Embellished cards, saved as jpg. That's not everyone's preference, so i totally understand if you chose not to do that for your store. Seeing your layouts will help me visualize and do it myself, too!

If you didn't sell them stamped with months that would be okay. I would do that on my own. It makes it more sellable for you in your store if not limited by dates. :beat

I love a mix of both filler and journaling cards, personally, in both horizontal and vertical orientations, because i like to be able to use the cards in multiple layout options.

@NBK-Design
    Your dates look so awesome! :beat i am so excited!

NBK-Design likes this.
  15. NBK-Design

NBK-Design Designer

It seems that my cards work in the project life app. I have jpgs versions.
    [​IMG]

Nicole | NBK-Design

bestcee likes this.
  16. bestcee

I love you for including brush files!

And 2700?!?!?! Oh my gosh! That's crazy!

NBK-Design likes this.
  17. bestcee

I can't, I only have one kid. I do not focus on his life exclusively, though he's bound to be in a few photos! I do make it a goal that it's about our family, so sometimes that's an MOC story, or Dh's work and not what munchkin did that day.

But, that said...
    My mom had many kids. She had 4 of us in 4 years. As the oldest, my scrapbook has some stuff that's just mine, but a lot more that is combined. Like she would have two copies of the photo and put one in each of our books with the same journaling. For me, I like it. I wasn't an only child, so it's okay with me that my scrapbook represents my family as a whole. In the beginning, she started with a book for each of us, but it quickly became just family stories. Then, she sometimes just photocopied it for each book since she was a paper scrapper.

18. krscraps

krscraps I'm a nerd.

As one of those lucky people that gets to "live in Disney," I've decided to do my Disney adventures in PL format. If they ever get printed, it doesn't matter because at least I'm doing it. I've fallen off the scrapbooking wagon but have nearly all the Project Mouse kits (don't judge) and the Mommyish template maker. I'm going to do 1 or 2 pages per day depending on how much I squeeze in.

I really need to get back to scrapbooking because I do miss it, but that's a lot easier said than done. I have no flow anymore, just need to force myself to do it until some sort of flow comes back. I don't want the photos to just sit on my phone, EHD, or Instagram.

klee73010 likes this.
  19. krscraps

krscraps I'm a nerd.

@NBK-Design

Would you ever do journal card templates? I love the style, but want to do traditional PL settings. If you would do like 3x4 and 4x6 cards in that style I would totally use them!

NBK-Design likes this.
  20. NBK-Design

NBK-Design Designer

Never did any jc templates but always open for new suggestions.

Nicole | NBK-Design

krscraps likes this.