Plans for 2020 PL

Discussion in 'Project Life/365/52' started by klee73010, Dec 23, 2019.

1. Lynnette

Lynnette In my life, I've loved them all

I need to figure this out! 2014-2018 I just did a 2 page spread for each week. I wanted something different in 2019 so I kept it more flexible and just did as many pages as I had photos - well, it hasn't gone as smoothly. I just created more work for myself and I realize I liked the strict parameters of only 2 pages per week to keep it manageable. I'm behind on 2019 (still working on Oct) but I want to finish it! I'm toying with the idea of keeping it even more simple for 2020 and doing only cards (no embellishments) or maybe even only one page per week.... can't decide for sure yet!

2. NBK-Design

NBK-Design Designer

Yesterday I created a starter pack. With 10 pages/3 different sizes.
    It will be available Jan 10th

I hope this will help you all to get your project life done in a fast and easy way.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Nicole | NBK-Design

gracielou likes this.
  3. NBK-Design

NBK-Design Designer

Ye I think you can easily go from letter to A4 would you need a instruction how to change the size?

Nicole | NBK-Design

4. gracielou

gracielou Well-Known Member

I can’t wait for these! Exactly what I was looking for. I am doing a travelers notebook PL this year and focusing more on my photography. These are perfect!

NBK-Design likes this.
  5. G.T.

G.T. Active Member

Thanks Nicole for the offer but I think it should be easy to do - hopefully anyway.
    I'll test it out.
    And if I get stuck :banghead I'll give you a shout :byay
    Thanks
    Trish

NBK-Design and bestcee like this.
  6. ElizabethW

ElizabethW Pledging to lambda lambda polly

The yearly dilemma! I have been doing monthly pages instead of weekly, but I am hopelessly behind for 2019...and in a weird way, I’m wondering if it is because I’ve moved away from weekly? I liked the habit of just putting together a page or two every Sunday, and feeling more conscious about capturing everyday photos and stories...my main problem - and I’d love to hear from you all about this - is how to juggle a project life book with other types of layouts? Example: my daughter’s dance recital might take up just a photo or two in a PL project - but say I also want to do a big two or four page spread about it? Where does that go?? Same question for challenge pages for TLP - where do those have a home?

7. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

I've seen people do separate books, i've also seen people smoosh the pages inside the PL book.

For me personally... my 2013-2014 book had monthly overviews... I wasn't doing Project Life that year, but I did make a monthly spread that captured random things in summary form. So all the pages went together into a printed book.

My 2016 Project Life was done in 2 4x6 images together to make a 6x8 page. I did it in the Project Life app. My extra pages that year were made 12x12 and printed in 8x8, in order to fit into my post bound albums. Any page I made for my kids' individual books were put into their folders, because I print completed books for those. It all depends on how you have your albums organized, I would say.

For 2020, my PL pages will be separate, because I scrap differently for those pages... probably. :giggle

ElizabethW likes this.
  8. NBK-Design

NBK-Design Designer

I just wonder if it’s necessary to have a left and right version (12x12) from a double page (24x12)?

Nicole | NBK-Design

9. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

I haven't checked this out for sure, but I was told that you could actually upgrade to 8x8, 10x10, or 12x12 and just pay the difference.

10. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

Yes! I am currently bringing my 10x10 to my phone..bhahah and uploading them to shutterfly mobile ap in hopes to figure this out!

11. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

My preference in my program is yes, having left and right separate. I am not sure what the difference is mentally, but 24x12 messes with my brain! :giggle

HavaDrPepper likes this.
  12. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I don't even buy templates if there isn't a 12x12 option. I've tried doing 24x12 in the past and I have a very hard time splitting them so I can print. I find it easier just to have both 12x12's open and work on them at the same time.

13. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I like having both since I often mix and match templates to give a fresh feel to weeks. @NBK-Design

14. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

@ElizabethW I typically print PL as single pages from persnickety prints. I usually do it each quarter or when my motivation starts to wan. Seeing the little stories (I do weekly) helps me remember my why.

I print regular layouts in a photo book for the year. However, I've done both with holidays. I've done an 'insert' with extra Christmas photos since there aren't usually many stories to go with it. But I've also put them in my yearly book with other layouts that have a more to them. Like, a field trip might have one photo and a line or two in PL, but a full page spread with a long story in my yearly book.

I know it might seem overkill to have two books/year but they serve different purposes. I don't do PL every year because I like telling the longer stories that don't seem to happen as much with PL. But I love the little stories and day to day that comes in PL, especially when I know our life will be changing.

ElizabethW likes this.
  15. NBK-Design

NBK-Design Designer

I’m thanks for the answers girls. That helped a lot for the planning. So this is now what I have so far
    2 starter sets each with 10 templates
    30 packs with cards (more will come)
    2 packs with expressions
    Packs with dates are in the work (but everything in the templates is editable)I think really that’s now a good starting point.
    If you miss anything just let me know.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Nicole | NBK-Design

IntenseMagic and klee73010 like this.
  16. HavaDrPepper

Please consider doing a stamp or png of just the calendar months without journal cards as a kit. Some people (me) don't do this type of scrapping and don't use journal cards. I just want to be able to stamp a calendar on my background paper.

NBK-Design likes this.
  17. NBK-Design

NBK-Design Designer

I have such stamps already in the shop. But will add some more to this product line

Nicole | NBK-Design

18. Rachel Jefferies

Rachel Jefferies Designer

I am also working on a new product line for pocket scrapping. Please let me know of any requests you have. My aim is to get all of my iphone photos/daily snapshots (the only camera i use now) off my icloud and into albums. I'm making 9x12 pages in a mixed media style focused on collage and am in the process of turning them into products for my shop. Here is my first draft page with no journaling yet that I will be turning into a layered template/kit including all the little elements you see here, stitching and pocket cards etc.
    draftpage.jpg

19. HavaDrPepper

Where? I couldn't find what I am looking for in your shop.

NBK-Design likes this.
  20. NBK-Design

NBK-Design Designer