Photog Photoshop Promo - thru Dec 2nd

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by rfeewjlj, Nov 21, 2013.

1. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

It does come with the bridge and some storage site which I did not bother to download.

2. rfeewjlj

rfeewjlj Only ONE N, people, ONE!

Yep, signed up today and looking forward to getting more familiar w/ it this weekend. I've noticed it runs much faster on my computer than PSE11. Bridge is way awesome, too!

3. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

This is what Adobe says on their Facebook page for Lightroom:
    I went for it. It's a little more for Danish customers but still way better than the full CC price, so I'm thrilled!

Last edited: Nov 23, 2013
  4. gracielou

gracielou Well-Known Member

The CC was not a option for me. I use PS and LR but only for scrapbooking and hobby photography so upgrading every new version that comes out would be a waste of money for me. I used CS3 for 5+years and even then my husband gets an educators discount so I only paid $299 for it so that comes to around $60 a year and plus the fact that I owned it and wasn't just "renting" it. I would still be using CS3 but when they made the dumb move to do away with owning their software and force everyone to rent it I decided to go ahead and buy CS6 because I knew it would last me a very long time.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2013
  5. cfile

Amanda I thought at first the same way you did but after this package for $9.99 a month for PS & LR ands it automatically updates with the newest version I couldn't pass it up. I truly wanted the CS6 but not having the educators discount $699 for JUST CS6 was out of whack. I could not justify that at all. I still have CS3 and PSE10 & 11 so after a year I still have photoshop to play with if I do not wish to renew. I would think the CS6 price would drop in the stores since they will not be making anymore improvements to it, but I was watching ever since CC came out and over those 5 months, no dip in price. That was why I decided to go the "rental" way. While I do not like to rent anything, I liken it to Cable TV, my Sirius XM radio or my iphone. It is a subscription service. That was how I justified it to myself. I could very easily stop after the year is up... then go back to CS3 but I think I will be using this for a bit. Believe me I investigated every option... I am frugal :)

Even at $120 a year, I can subscribe for at least 4 or 5 years instead of the outlay of $699 that is now going to be out of date as the improvements that put on CC instead of updates to CS6. For someone with no discount it is a viable option even if they only subscribe for a year. I wish it was owned software too, but it is what it is and I am glad they offer this bundle instead of making everyone forced into the whole shebang for $50/mo when they don't use anything but PS or LR.

6. lauracw

lauracw Gets a funky high on yellow sun

I snagged it too! I still have CS5, so I didn't really need to upgrade and I'll always have that if they raise the subscription price a ton. (But I imagine it'll be like many other subscription things and if you don't renew for the $20 price they'll keep bugging you until you get a price you like, lol!) I really wanted lightroom too, so excited!

7. ashleywb

ashleywb Sand in my toes

Thanks for posting this, Jen. I signed up today!

8. rfeewjlj

Woot! :) For sure - I knew others would be as excited as I was!! :)

9. gracielou

gracielou Well-Known Member

Yes, I definitely see the price savings for someone who doesn't get the educators discount. I was just so upset with their decision to force EVERYONE to do this way instead of offering it as a choice along with those who want to simply own the software outright. Instead it alienated their customers like myself that would have to pay more than what they were for the same thing.

I do think it was good of them to create a package with the CS/LR for less. I am sure that will gain more customers for them because there are lots of people that couldn't see paying the almost $40 a month for all those programs they would never use.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2013
  10. Jen

Jen I believe in patterns & conspiracies!

I was going to wait until closer to the end of the year, but I decided to go ahead. I was already using LR5 and CS6, but there are still updates to PS that make it worthwhile, at least for me.

11. Tronesia

Tronesia Tronesia

I purchased Lightroom 5 a few months ago and said I would never sub to PS CC. After trying it out and really enjoying the camera raw filter, I finally gave in yesterday. I will never like the subscription model but at least I have a PS version to fall back on if the monthly cost goes up after this first 12 months. I know why they want a subscription service but ugh....I will never "like" it.

12. cfile

I agree re the forcing. I felt that way before their offer of the PS/LR... seems though most companies are going this way these days . I too (and my hubby) thought as you did Amanda, and I was annoyed too that the CS6 is still so darn high to purchase the license outright. I would have preferred that myself but this was my better budget option :)

13. lauracw

So, I have this awful habit of leaving my computer running and photoshop open while I work on a page for daaaaays. It got really slow and I was annoyed so I force closed all of it and didn't save my page. When I opened Photoshop CC after the shut down. My page was still there!!!! Loving this!

14. rfeewjlj

Good to know - that is awesome that your page was still there!! :)

15. cfile

there is an auto save :)

16. yellowpeep

yellowpeep Spaaaarrrrrkkkleeeee

Thanks for the info and interesting discussion. Question: I have CS5-- would I have to redo all my actions, styles, etc. if I were to try this out?

17. lauracw

It imported mine, so everything was still there.

18. dlhoffer

dlhoffer dlhoffer

Hmmmmmm....today is the last day and I never thought I would switch to CC, but this price is tempting, especially if they are telling the truth about not raising the price at renewal.....decisions, decisions!!

19. Trista

Trista I'm Working On It

I bit the bullet did it. I'm calling it an early Christmas gift to myself. :giggle

Last edited: Dec 2, 2013
  20. dlhoffer

dlhoffer dlhoffer

I'm considering doing the same Trista! ;)

How do you like it so far?