Photog Photoshop Promo - thru Dec 2nd

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by rfeewjlj, Nov 21, 2013.

1. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

Amanda ... I think LR just uses Presets and PS uses the actions. Rad lab sells both ... and i think each type just works with one type of software.

2. toriloowho

toriloowho Yep… I'm an over thinker.

PS uses actions. LR uses presets and ACR (Adobe Camera Raw, which comes as a part of PS) uses presets, both of which are created specifically for those applications. You can't use LR presets in PS or actions in LR.

Totally Rad does have LR presets, but they are not the same as the actions (the actions are better, in my opinion). Pioneer Woman, if I recall correctly, only has PS actions, and they cannot be used in LR.

3. krscraps

krscraps I'm a nerd.

Maybe it's the new laptop, or maybe I just don't fully understand how to do scrapbooking in CC. I might just go back to elements. =/

4. Katherine B

Katherine B 2, 4, 6, 8, who do we appreciate?!

That's quite the deal. I'd jump on that in a second if I didn't have FREE access to the entire suite of Adobe products, including LR. I get all of my software through IU. :) :)

5. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

Oh Kim, don't give up yet! Have you tried watching some basic Getting Starting tuts to learn where everything is in the new software? Here is Adobe's tutorial. There are links to others as well. I know it's not a scrapbooking tutorial but it will probably help you get a feel for the tools? Is there something specific you needed help with? Maybe we can give you a hand? Googling tutorials on YouTube is always handy too. There is so much free stuff out there!

Last edited: Jul 19, 2014
  6. Jen

Jen I believe in patterns & conspiracies!

I'm using it. The latest version of PS is awesome and IMO worth the $9.99 a month for me.

7. krscraps

krscraps I'm a nerd.

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to get the images to show along the bottom of CC instead of just having the tabs at the top? I like having that taskbar.

8. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

For those who had CS5, was there a big difference in options going to CC? I'm seriously considering doing this - $10/month is a couple of coffees :)

9. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

You can have them in separate windows instead of tabs (see the Arrange menu), but I'm pretty sure the Photo Bin is a PSE thing. I hardly ever have more than one thing open so this isn't a concern for me, though. I only work on one LO at a time and I drag stuff straight onto my canvas so it's always just one window.

10. jenevang

jenevang Rocking a two-piece under my scrubs

Losing the Photo Bin thing at the bottom was the biggest adjustment I had going from PSE to CC, but now that I'm used to it, I like it WAY better. I use Finder (Mac) as my photo bin, opening the paper/elements, etc... and dragging only what I need. It really saves the step of opening into PSE then dragging onto project.

I switched to CC with this deal (already had LR, but this upgraded that as well). I LOVE it and use it all the time. Deleted PSE and old versions of LR from my computer and saved space. Bonus.

11. lcpereyra

lcpereyra You won't believe my blue streak!

I've done it since last year and love it. Totally worth the cost imo. I use LR and at the time I had LR3 and needed to upgrade to LR4 or higher for a new camera we got. So I just went with the CC deal and haven't regretted it.

12. toriloowho

toriloowho Yep… I'm an over thinker.

You can set it to not open your images in tabs, although there is no photo bin like in PSE. I'll have to look up how to do it and come back, though... I don't remember off the top of my head. That's one of those set it and forget it things for me. :)