Photog Photoshop Promo - thru Dec 2nd

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by rfeewjlj, Nov 21, 2013.

1. rfeewjlj

rfeewjlj Only ONE N, people, ONE!

See PROMO here.

So, I'm seriously considering this. It's $9.99/mo for the first year. How many of you are using the cloud and do you like it? Any thing I should know about it before signing up?

It's so cool that they dropped the requirement of having to have owned a previous version of PS to get this deal. Just wondering if those who use the cloud are liking it...

2. theAndrea

theAndrea Google master

looks like a good deal. I have the one that includes all the programs. I don't use them all but I generally use 3 or 4 of them.

3. rfeewjlj

Do you like the cloud? Does your internet speed play a major factor in how well this works?

4. theAndrea

theAndrea Google master

I don't think internet speed really factors in because the programs still run on my hard drive... it's only for updates and them making sure I've paid to use the stuff. If you miss a payment (my cc changed last month so it didn't go through) then you get some warnings, but if you don't pay them your programs are de-activated and you can't start them up. At least that's how mine runs...

I do really like it though, I have access to most of the Adobe programs, so I use CS, IL and sometimes DW.

5. sarahbhb

sarahbhb Happy Anniversary babe! Now, pack up!

I just took advantage of this deal...

Super excited but I need some PS tutorials. I had a CS trial 4.5 years ago...but haven't touched it since.

6. Roboliver

Roboliver I feel right at home at the Glitter Gulch!

How much will it be AFTER the 1 year deal though? That makes me nervous.

7. rfeewjlj

yes, that makes me pause, too - but after a year, one can cancel...but yeah, still debating.

8. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

I did it too... the CC & LR5... still working on figuring out the lightroom but I really like it. I asked what the renewal price is and they told me after a year the renewal will also be $9.99/month. I have had it since 10/25 and like it a lot Jen.

9. staciahall

staciahall Quidditch, anyone?

I think I'm going to cave on this one

10. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I want to upgrade my CS5 so will be joining the cloud next week.

11. ashleywb

ashleywb Sand in my toes

What!!?! And no prerequisites? I have been waiting for this. I was just going to upgrade to PSE12, but I think I'll do this instead! I'm like you though Sarah, definitely going to need some tutorials!

12. MissKim

MissKim ichthyophobic

I just bought PSE 12 for $50 through Amazon Prime. If I hadn't, this offer would have tempted me.

13. jenny

jenny jenny

Count me in, it was too good a deal to pass up!

14. cfile

It really is too good to pass up... I weighed out all of the options and this was perfect for my budget!! I have been using it for a month.. Have it loaded on my PC & my laptop and it works well.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2013
  15. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

*DEAD* This is the answer to my prayers! OMG! I am using the trial of the full CC right now but all I use are PS and LR and I was so grumbly about not qualifying! lol Yaaaaay! I was going to shell out on 1 Dec anyway when my trial runs out, so this saves me a ton! :D

Those that are already doing it, do you also get Bridge with this plan? ETA: Nevermind, read the FAQ! You do! :)

Last edited: Nov 22, 2013
  16. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

I was using *completely* different software before (Pixelmator) but have found all kinds of help by googling when I get stuck. As it turns out, a lot of that help has been on the Lilypad blog! :D WTG to the team here! Switching to PS hasn't been as scary as I thought it might be.

17. jenevang

jenevang Rocking a two-piece under my scrubs

This looks awesome! Thanks for pointing it out, Jen.

Oh, and Here's what it says in Terms...

"Renewal
    After the first 12 months, we will automatically renew your contract based on the current price of the offering."

And here's what it says when you go to order..

"Renewal
    The price is valid for a full 12 months. After that, we'll renew your contract automatically, at the then-current price of the offering, unless you cancel. The price is subject to change, but we will always notify you beforehand."

So the "then-current" price tells me it will go up. But still. It's a year away and this is a promo after all.

I currently use LR3 and wonder if anyone using LR on the cloud knows if it easy to convert things over.

18. rfeewjlj

Ok, y'all have got me fired up, I'm thinking I'm gonna take the plunge!! :)

19. rfeewjlj

This is good to know!!

20. cfile

When I spoke to C/S in October and I got the $10 deal with having CS3 before, they told me renewal at the $10 so I will be interested to see what happens next October. LR5 is the CC deal so I am sure they will transfer over.

Neat thing in CC photoshop is you can enlarge without having pixilation issues. Some things like image sizing is not the way it was and a few other things but in general I really like the CC PS and it is really worth it ...I think anyway. Budget wise $120 is a lot cheaper than $699 plus it automatically will update when they change the software to improve it. I always still have my CS3 to fall back on or PSE11 after the year is up if they hijack the subscription price. The oil painting filter is neat too and if you have 64 bit and enough graphic space on the hard drive the 3d is interesting but appears to work different than earlier versions. I am still working through stuff but I love it. I was glad I did it. They do give you a 30 day window too, so if you don't like it you can always terminate with out any issues.