LOD 2022 | March 1 | Sara Gleason

Discussion in '2022 LOD' started by JenEm, Feb 19, 2022.

1. JenEm

JenEm Pollywog

LOVE OUR DESIGNERS – MARCH 1

TODAY'S DAILY CRUSH IS SARA GLEASON

upload_2022-2-19_13-55-17.jpeg

Welcome to the 2022 edition of Love Our Designers

This event isn't a traditional challenge in that there aren't any real rules.
    It’s a fun event to scrap with products from a fave designer or try a new (to you) designer. It’s all about having fun and celebrating the uniqueness of all of our Lilypad Designers!

Enjoy some fabulous savings on the products in Sara's designer shop - today only!

[​IMG]

Today we are featuring Sara Gleason's designs. You can find her store here.

I am so happy that Sara Gleason is our daily crush!

Sara’s story-centric designs have always inspired my passion for story telling through my pages. Some of my most favorite pages use one of Sara’s versatile templates as a starting point, and I love that it is so easy to combine different products of hers. A staple in my stash is Sara’s “wood” collection of templates – Birchwood, Redwood, Dogwood and Elmwood, and they are among my favorites.

Her Story Seeds collections feature elements, papers and prompts which make storytelling easy. I am always inspired by Sara’s Arboretum line of products, which provide bare templates as well as pre-assembled pages, and elements. Sara’s beautiful designs are also part of each Memory Pockets Monthly collection here at The Pad.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I am so thankful for the opportunity to ask Sara a few questions so that you can get to know her!
    Where did your journey as a designer begin?
    My design journey began 12 years ago and has roots in my own scrapbooking. (And once upon a time, many moons ago, I was a Polly here at the Pad). Initially I was encouraged to create page designs and my design work was solely template centric. Soon thereafter I began handcrafting elements and designing kits.
    When did you start selling at The Lilypad?
    I joined the design team here at The Pad in the Autumn of 2010.

What inspires you, and how has your style evolved?
    It probably sounds enormously cliche to say that I am inspired "everywhere and by all the things" but I do find inspiration all around me. From conversations and experiences, from music and lyric, from color and nature, from my faith, from my daughters' clothing and art, popular culture and history, and from my compass for my own personal memory keeping (what stories do I want to preserve?).
    I think my style has always been fairly classic and versatile, but I have evolved to a more simple and minimalistic space while holding tightly to my foundation of story-centric art and stories.

Do you have a favorite product or one that you use often?
    I love love my various Pocket Maps and they are probably my most used. But my most favorite product is still my Story Seeds: Artifacts and Story Seeds: Friend because they are most indicative of my style and heart for storytelling.

What brings you joy?
    Sitting in the space where stories are made. Those simple little moments and everyday details. The things that sometimes get lost in the white noise of living but really are the heart of it all. Like my youngest daughter laughing with her Daddy. Seeing my oldest child grow into the person they were made to be. A really tasty meal shared with those I love. Good music.

What are your favorite foods, and are you a good cook?
    I love a good steak and roasted vegetables. I also need dark chocolate in my life every day. I think I am a good cook; at least I enjoy cooking and know my way around the kitchen.

How do you spend your time when not designing?
    I homeschool my seven year old which is where my lens is focused most of the time when I'm not delving into creative work. I also love to soak up time with my family, watch the Chicago Cubs when they are playing, learn about natural health and gardening, and spend time outside whenever I can.

Do you have a favorite page or pages?
    In general, I think my favorite pages are those that really capture the personal and family history of my loved ones. I have many made with the beautiful designs of my fellow designers here at TLP. I love this page about my grandparents: legacy of kindness. And this one about my Dad : the Neil. I also love pages that capture the details of moments big and small. And photo less pages like this one: soundtrack of our love or latitude and longitude.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Do you want to know more about Sara Gleason? Check her out here:

Website/Blog ::: Instagram ::: Facebook ::: Pinterest
    Designer Shop ::: Newsletter ::: @scarletsierra

Sara will have a free download for her newsletter subscribers (that will coordinate with the BYOC releasing on the 4th). It will go out two times before then, once late on 1 March and once again on 3 March. After that, it will be available in the store with her other BYOC products.

Click here to sign up for Sara's newsletter!

Besides the standard gallery requirements, there aren't any crazy rules to follow beyond simply scrapping with our featured designer for the day!!

Here are a few of my favorite pages created with Sara's beautiful designs:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Now it's your turn...
    Scrap a page using (mostly) Sara Gleason's products.
    Meet the gallery guidelines of 50% TLP product.
    Post in Sara's gallery and share your page in this thread (below).

Be sure to check out our LOVE Our Designers event daily since you never know WHO is going to be featured when! And who knows, Sara may pop in here and there with special surprises and interactions while we are scrapping!!!

Last edited: Mar 1, 2022
    G.J. likes this.
  2. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Sara is the sweetest and I love her storytelling.

If you don't have any products by Sara, be sure to subscribe to her newsletter to get that freebie that @JenEm shared info about!

Sara and JenEm like this.
  3. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Thanks Jen for hosting.. here is my page:

I used Story Seeds Friend and Artifacts along with an element from Sara's collab with Designs by Soco!

[​IMG]

slfam, bellbird, Sara and 1 other person like this.
  4. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

5. AmandaJ

AmandaJ Adagio, or Allegro? I can't decide.

6. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

7. Bagheertje

Bagheertje Well-Known Member

8. Carla

Carla Well-Known Member

9. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Sara is the sweetest ever! AND she has an absolute gift of storytelling.

Sara, bellbird and JenEm like this.
  10. garrynkim

garrynkim I'm not messy, I'm just really creative!

11. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

12. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Thanks for the challenge.

[​IMG]

bellbird and JenEm like this.
  13. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Always sweet and inspiring, both the designer and the designs
    [​IMG]

JenEm likes this.
  14. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

duh, all the kits i have of yours and this what i come up with, sorry

[​IMG]

JenEm likes this.
  15. agoodwin

agoodwin Member

Question - I’ve been subscribed for a long time to the newsletter but didn’t get the freebie yesterday. Did it go out or is it running late? Thanks

16. EllenT

EllenT I live for that hourglass ...

17. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

18. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

:helpy Can someone please tell me what search term to use to find Sara's newsletter in my Inbox. The email address maybe? I've already tried "gleason" and "sgleason" and I tried signing up for the newsletter again, confirming that I already am, as I thought (have been subscribing to all TLP designers for many years!) and I've tried slowly scrolling through my inbox but the newsletter is evading me! o_O

19. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

My favorite product from Sara is her confetti. :D

[​IMG]

JenEm likes this.
  20. G.J.

G.J. If I Could Turn Back Time

Happy March my dear, thanks for hosting, planning to scrap a page soon. Love Sara's stuff, and I’ve been subscribed for a long time, but since October I haven't received the NL, and I can't find the freebie from yesterday.

JenEm likes this.