Loud and Press Play Alpha (exclamation point) by Micheline Martin
Naturel and Oh Happy Day Alphas and Wax Werx by C.D. Muckosky
Let's Make Music by Jacque Larsen
I Wanna Rock by Jacque Larsen and Gina Miller
Stamped Brackets by Amber Clegg
Wired by Emily Powers (retired)
fonts: Pea Faye, Pea Angedawn, Pea Johanna Script, The Sara
journaling reads:
Every time I hear that sometimes cheesetastic but always fabulously sincere and wonderfully emotive baritone I am instantly transported to the passenger seat of my Dads Buick where I fell in love with the music without even realizing it. So that now find myself knowing every note, every word, moved by every chord and unabashedly proud to be a FAN of Neil Diamond, even in his more cheesey moments of showmanship.
I think its safe to say that my love for the singer-songwriter began with Neil, who is...at his core... a brilliant songwriter whose LOVE for the music shines in every note and oozes from his every pore when he performs. There is a pure brand of sincerity there that I find so completely endearing. So that when I listen to his music now that Dad has passed I feel more and more attached to it, and I feel more and more affection for it.
Because we didnt have enough shared moments or common ground, but we did have Neil.
And so really, this music is like a gift...infused with memories of my Dad. The kind that make me smile, the kind that make me forget all the lost time and missed moments. The kind that remind me that he did the best he could do. And that he loved me. He really did.

TFL!!
    • ashleywb
      Wow - beautiful layering and I love all the little bits. And of course the journalling - so honest and heartfelt. TFS.
    • Lynne-Marie
      I love, love this layout! I have a thing for music, handwriting and doodles!
    • mommy2boyz
      Oh, Sara. You have such a gift with the written word. I love to just sit and read through your gallery. Of course, I love to look through it too...your pages are always lovely and beautiful, but it's the emotion you evoke that draws me in. I always feel like I'm present in the moment with you and I leave feeling inspired, encouraged, and almost always a little misty-eyed. Your transparency and honesty in your journaling is so refreshing. TFS!
    • stampin_rachel
      This is just amazing Sara~ The fonts you chose for your journaling and the alpha for your title - PERFECT!
    • kewl_jive
    • Daniellesmama
      Wonderful tribute to your relationship with your dad. This is a beautiful page!!
    • javamonster
      The only thing I know about Neil Diamond is from a high school friend of mine who loved his music (she went to his concerts) and who told me, when I asked what she liked about him "He has a great ass!"

I think it's great when music serves as a memory prompt. There is so much to look at, and none of it overwhelms the the page. TFS. It's so heart-felt.
    • zotova
      wow! absolutely stunning page!
    • KimJ
      Pure fabulousness, Sara! I love the tones of it and the super-cool elements, but your journaling is what really makes this page a rock star.
    • Ronisdragon
      What amazing journaling. So beautifully done! Love the fonts and how it looks handwritten.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Designer Layouts
    Uploaded By:
    Sara
    Date:
    Jul 26, 2012
    View Count:
    Comment Count: