January 2: Then and Now Photography Challenge

Discussion in 'MOC 10 Challenges' started by tkradtke, Jan 1, 2022.

1. SeattleSheri

SeattleSheri Movers, cleaners, great hair. I'm a socialite!

For this challenge, I took a photo of my framed wedding day photo, along with my preserved bouquet and my tiara I handmade almost 20 years ago :heartlub

[​IMG]

2. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

This photo of my daughter at 3 just showed up in my facebook memories the other day- I had just sent it to her to show her how cute she was! lol! Perfect timing! She even posed the same without knowing it!
    [​IMG]

3. slfam

slfam Chocolate or vanilla? I can't decide!

4. mary kate

mary kate Well-Known Member

What an awesome challenge!

Shortly before he died, my father gave me his father’s violin. Da’s violin is at least 117 years old, and a family heirloom that I will always treasure. This afternoon, I took a photo of the violin, with a studio portrait of my grandfather with that very same violin, which dates back to 1905.

[​IMG]

5. Aerobigirl

Aerobigirl Well-Known Member

I loved this challenge!

The framed photo top right is the photo challenge photo. Shown on my laptop is a picture of my daughter pointing to the boards at Home Depot, which I bought today, had cut, and used as the bottom shelf in the picture to finish the shelving in my new craft space.

[​IMG]

tkradtke and LynnG like this.
  6. Aerobigirl

Aerobigirl Well-Known Member

WOW!!!! What a treasure! Beautiful tribute to this heirloom.

7. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

O.K. Finally Here To Post...I Had A Bit Of A Time Trying To Understand The Challenge Like Some Others Here...but Once Explained A Bit Differently...I Understood Better...I Just Had No Idea On What To Do...So My New Lay's Chips Were Staring At Me...I Thought...Humm...I Have An Old Picture Of A Bag Of Lay's From The 60's...Well Should I Say Box...3 Bags Per Box....69 Cents!!!...How Drole!!!...Not Sure When Or Where The Photo Was Taken Or By Whom In The Family...But It Was In With A Stash Of Old Pics...It's Just Funny...I Never Thought To Scrap It!...I Wasn't Born Til 1968...So It Wasn't Me...LOL!...I Would Have Been 1-8 Years Old!...Could Have Been Gram Or Mom...I'm Going With Gram...She Was Always Taking Pics Of Odd Things...We Never Had A Camera When I Was Younger...Not Since We Moved To New Brunswick From NFLD...So It Was Probably Gram...But I Wonder Why She Did This???...Either Way...I Got The O.K. From The Gal Running This Challenge Before I Proceeded...So I Scanned In The Pic & Then Put A Red Frame Around It In Photoshop...& Then Printed It Out...I Put A Larger One In Back & A Smaller Size In Front To Give More Depth In The Photograph...I Taped The Photos To The Back Of The New Chop Bag...Arranged Them To My Liking & Clipped Them All Together With One Of My Red Kitchen Clips...Huh...After Taking Multiple Photos...I Only Liked A Couple & Chose The Best One...I Ended Up Doing An Extraction...& Putting It On Top Of A Journal Card For Composition Purposes...Hope That's O.K...

*For My Lay's 60 & 22 Layout-I Used :

*Fa La La La La La-Bundle By Rachel Jefferies
    *A Lot Like Christmas-Bundle By Bella Gypsy
    *Mixed Media Monthly-July 2021-You Are Made Of Stardust-Add-On By Little Butterfly Wings
    *The Doves I Used Were Courtesy Of Pixabay

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 2, 2022
  8. kimingvtx

kimingvtx I'll try anything once!

fun challenge
    [​IMG]

9. myka

myka Well-Known Member

Day-Two-Then-and-Now:
    Credits in Gallery, these are my identical twins today and the photo they are holding is from 2007.
    [​IMG]

10. rlucasmn

rlucasmn Headed to Craigh na Dun... and beyond

Great challenge and so glad you posted it early. I did go to bed thinking about it and came up with the idea, then needed to wait until the light was right late today to take the new photo. Grateful for a printer that has photo paper loaded, as I was able to print my image from my phone to have in hand. Fun, fun, fun!

[​IMG]

11. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

I really had the boys put their Christmas PJs on to take the photo today. They didn't mind, they actually kept them on. :giggle
    [​IMG]

12. got2digiscrap

got2digiscrap Well-Known Member

My daughter enjoyed making the picture and watching the page be made. She even told me we needed to switch order so we would match the picture order. LOL Then my son came in and asked when is his being made. LOL
    kit: Force of Nature kit by Bella Gypsy
    https://the-lilypad.com/store/Force-of-Nature-Kit.html

Force of Nature Alphas by Bella Gypsy
    https://the-lilypad.com/store/Force-of-Nature-Alphas.html

Force of Nature Painted Papers by Bella Gypsy
    https://the-lilypad.com/store/Force-of-Nature-Painted-Papers.html

journaling: 13 years and counting... You named me Mommy I named you been by your side since

[​IMG]
    Link to the gallery: https://the-lilypad.com/forum/galleries/moc10_day2thenandnow_alway-by-you-then-now.492100/

13. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

14. AliSarah

AliSarah Oh great. Now I have pixie dust in my hair!

I had one that fit the challenge perfectly, too!! I just went ahead and scrapped it because I can't take my new picture until my grandson gets home from visiting his other grandparents!! My big boy refused to retake the picture even though it's only 3 months old, lol... But, he was happy with the page I made!

[​IMG]

Huggles!!
    ~Sarah~

LynnG likes this.
  15. easyeyes4you

easyeyes4you Well-Known Member

Well here is what I ended up with... I have albums full of chronologically filed photo sof my whole life... Nary a shoebox in sight!!!! decided to go with Christmas theme since decorations still up... The family group photo did not show any sign of Christmas , and everyone looks grumpy! The one of Mom with Baby Chris i have always loved... and had to include one of me with him also.. so I chose 3... They were very small, 3" square, I tucked them into the branches of my tree and went from there... could not resist showing current baby Chris all grown up with half grown babies of his own... Life goes WAY too fast!!!!

[​IMG]

16. Macsandy

Macsandy Member

Day 2-Im-Still-Here_web.jpg

For the Then and Now challenge I had my hubby take this picture of me holding my high school graduation picture. There are actually 2 other photos of me in days gone by (to the left of my head). I used Forever Joy's "Offline" kit. [1-6-22 I noticed that I wrote 2021 instead of 2022 and fixed it.]

Last edited: Jan 6, 2022
  17. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

Finally!!!!!! I was gone all day and didn't get to sit down until now to scrap this! My baby girl - then and now!

[​IMG]

tkradtke, CaroRen and LynnG like this.
  18. silent ranks

silent ranks Don't forget to turn back around

@littlekiwi jennifer, do you have a picture on your computer of an item that you could place in front of it and then take a new photo with your phone.
    aka a photo of a book you once read and the book itself?
    or a photo of a toy from when you were young and the toy sitting on the desk with your computer?
    Good luck.

19. silent ranks

silent ranks Don't forget to turn back around

20. mywisecrafts

mywisecrafts Pollywog

This was a fun challenge! Here's my LO.
    [​IMG]

tkradtke and CaroRen like this.