January 2: Then and Now Photography Challenge

Discussion in 'MOC 10 Challenges' started by tkradtke, Jan 1, 2022.

1. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

Sounds like your photo would be a perfect fit! Unfortunately, for all photography challenges the photo must be new.

bellbird and QuiltyMom like this.
  2. tkradtke

Isn't it crazy how quickly it goes from "what in the world do I do for this" to "how do I narrow down my choices"?? I had the same experience and it was my challenge! LOL! I shot three examples and had about a dozen more I wanted to shoot as well :-)

bellbird and Mingo08 like this.
  3. sharonb

sharonb Cher Memere

So sorry your baby died. I know it is hard.

4. zinzilah

zinzilah One step at a time

Wow that was a challenge, but I loved it. I took out all the cameras that I still have, including Grandpa's very old FED (over 50 years old, and still in working order)
    [​IMG]

5. sharonb

sharonb Cher Memere

@tkradtke I am confused. Do the pictures have to be Jan 2022 and a past year?

Last edited: Jan 2, 2022
  6. tkradtke

The "then" photo which will be included in your "now" scene can be from any time in the past... but the photo for the challenge (which your "then" photo is a part of) must be new since this is a photography challenge. Does that help clear things up?

bellbird likes this.
  7. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

I thought so. Thanks!!

8. breeoxd

breeoxd Well-Known Member

At first I was confused; then I realized I have just thing thing with one of my daughter's baby toys. Thanks for the clever prompt!

tkradtke likes this.
  9. cinna

cinna The Force is ALWAYS with me ...

:heartslub

10. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

@tkradtke I'm Very Confused By This Challenge Too...But I Had An Idea...I Have An Old 60's Photo Of A Lay's Chip Bag...& Staring Right At Me...Right Now...Is A Brand New Lay's Red Wavy Bag Of Unopened Chips...Could This Idea Work For This Challenge?...[Better Figure This Out First...Those Lay's Wavy Are Calling My Name]...So I Would Have To Take The Old Lay's Photo & Place It Next To The New Lays Bag...& Take A Photo Of Them Together?...Would That Be Correct?...Thanks Rhonda...

Mingo08 likes this.
  11. tkradtke

Sounds like a great idea to me! Now... take that photo so you can open those chips :-)

cfile, Memaw2Wm, bellbird and 3 others like this.
  12. Ferdy

Ferdy Heavy Metal Head Banger

*** edited to fulfill the requirements of the challenge, my photo wasn't quite right what was asked...Thanks Traci @tkradtke !!!

January 2: Then and Now Photography Challenge - so my new photo is from today, and the other one is from 2002. I wish I could make it better, but my idea was to show the differences on the beach, garden, street....I think the main difference you can notice is that there insn't sand in front of my home anymore, due to the increase on the ocean levels...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 4, 2022
    LynnG and michelepixels like this.
  13. easyeyes4you

easyeyes4you Well-Known Member

After I had breakfast I went back through the whole thread and re read instructions, and realized it is a photography challenge... but today photo does not necessarily relate to old photos I might use.. I think some of the posted pages have been created with older images totally. Will have to think some more on the direction I want to go... As an example ...One of the things I have considered is an image on 9 month old me sitting on the front porch of my parents home. I have images of it taken a couple of years ago and thought that might combine into a fun page with doorways overlapping etc, as shown in some examples.. I did look at the links you posted... Thanks...

14. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I LOVED this challenge and how many ideas it sparked for me!

[​IMG]

Memaw2Wm, tkradtke and LynnG like this.
  15. CaroRen

CaroRen Well-Known Member

I thought the lamb chop against baby Jess looked so much bigger in the photo lol so I wanted to take a picture with present Jess holding the photo and "Lammy" and I died from cuteness..I'm typing this from heaven :) It's so tiny now
    IMG_9613.jpg

Memaw2Wm, tkradtke, bellbird and 3 others like this.
  16. tkradtke

There are a few and I'm working through notifying those participants. The main photo (that includes the old photo) for this challenge must be new to qualify.

You could always take or have someone take a photo of you holding that photo... a then and now of you! :-)

bellbird and LynnG like this.
  17. londoncuppa

londoncuppa I like rain, England ... and big words

[​IMG]

I had to laugh when I saw this challenge for MOC Day 2 because my son and I just happened to be discussing my desire to take this exact photo the day before the challenge was posted. Perfect timing, Tracie! My son is holding an 18-year-old scrapbook layout that hangs in my upstairs hallway.

18. jaye

jaye My other car is a Zamboni!

Harlow a few weeks after I got her and Harlow today. In the same spot :)
    [​IMG]

tkradtke, tjscraps and tammybean004 like this.
  19. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Took this today. She's holding a pic of when she was in an orphanage waiting for us. Now a part of our family for almost 10 years!

[​IMG]

Karen, tkradtke, bellbird and 7 others like this.
  20. tinkerbell1112

tinkerbell1112 Offical Ambassador of the Magic Kingdom