January 17: Username (Journaling)

Discussion in 'MOC 2018 Challenges' started by bestcee, Jan 17, 2018.

1. CarolinaScrapper

CarolinaScrapper Well-Known Member

well my username is pretty simple I live in N. Carolina and Im a scrapper lol no way I can turn that into a 150 words lol
    so wrote about my IRL nickname
    [​IMG]

Mylinn, mcurtt, jaye and 5 others like this.
  2. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

AJK is not my only username - CarolinaGal is another.

[​IMG]

Mylinn, jaye, KellyM and 3 others like this.
  3. LynnG

LynnG Designer

I rambled .....

KellyM, Rikki and bestcee like this.
  4. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

And with this I am as caught up on MOC as it is possible to be. I have to wait HOURS before the next MOC challenge will be posted. Guess I'll have to go do some housework or something. :giggle

Love this challenge and my page. I might like to do some research and make another page with more details though. I think there might be more info to be found in old journal entries from years ago. And I wish I could remember more about how I chose michelepixels.
    [​IMG]
    p.s. I was curious so I used Word Counter . net . This is 739 words. :)

Mylinn, mcurtt, jaye and 6 others like this.
  5. EHStudios

EHStudios I am more clever than I think

Sorry I'm not creative Courney!

[​IMG]

Mylinn, jaye, disneysheryl65 and 2 others like this.
  6. mirjam

mirjam mirjam

oh I really have to take some me time soon to read all the stories behind. this is fun!!!
    [​IMG]

7. gduncan

gduncan Well-Known Member

I didn't think I could do this one, but I had to try!

[​IMG]

Juliestcyr, Mylinn, mcurtt and 4 others like this.
  8. andastra

andastra Can't knock me down for long!

[​IMG]
    Text:
    I was looking for a name for the forum for a long time. The suggestions that were suggested to me on some internet forums were very strange. Parts of my first and last name were chosen. I thought that was terrible. I am very interested in the Middle Ages and the Celts. I´m fascinated by the clothes and the jewelry. The saga stories are great. Many years ago I searched for a suitable name on the internet for a long time.
    One name I noticed a lot: ANDASTRA. This is the Celtic goddess of victory. And since I am exactly the opposite of this goddess, the name appealed to me. Andastra means "that has a bear in it" or "big / powerful bear".
    I was lucky that I did not have to read my chosen username anywhere else. Meanwhile, there are two other users who take the same name with numbers or characters after the name.My german nickname sounds silly in English. My name is Tanja and my former best friend called me “Tanne” That means fir. Since I'm small, I was often called “Zwerg”. That means dwarf. I feel very well with the name Andastra. And one is allowed to dream!

elk2009, Mylinn, mcurtt and 7 others like this.
  9. dawninskip

dawninskip Well-Known Member

MOC18: 17 (Username)
    194 words

[​IMG]

Mylinn, mcurtt, jaye and 4 others like this.
  10. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

Jan 17 - Username
    JanNMOC6-17Username.jpg

Juliestcyr, Mylinn, mcurtt and 5 others like this.
  11. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

I have also been MsAzadi but that's a whole other story!

[​IMG]

mcurtt, jaye, wvsandy and 3 others like this.
  12. suzyqscraps

suzyqscraps How now brown cow

13. disneysheryl65

disneysheryl65 Snoring in perfect pitch

I have read all of these and will come back to read more - I LOVE all the stories - the simple and complicated. My name is simple, but I think I made it complicated... that's how I roll. LOL.

[​IMG]

Journal (270 words):
    I chose DisneySheryl65 as my user name because the first time I ever ventured into an online forum was at MouseScrappers which is a Disney related site. So as brilliant as I am, I added Disney to the front of my first name and added my birth year to the end. Didn’t really think through everyone knowing how old I was. I found MouseScrappers and many Disney scrapbook kit designers after Creative Memories shut down their digital division. I needed to find out what was out there. I was introduced to a whole new world! I ended up at Scrap Orchard from there and just continued to use the same name. When they closed up, I followed favorite designers and my new forum friends to Lilypad and Sweetshoppe, keeping the same name. I love the on-line scrapbooking community and have been brave enough to apply for CT teams and actually was accepted to a few. I love working with my designers (and SO many others) and most of all LOVE creating scrapbook pages to preserve my family story. I guess I should thank CM for shutting down because I found this wonderful warm community. I have even met some of my internet friends in person, much to my husband’s horror (how do you know they aren’t some creepy guy…haha); he doesn’t get it. Now I use DisneySheryl65 on other social media accounts. The Disney part is obvious – I’m slightly obsessed and visit the parks at least once a year. Sheryl is after my mom, Shirley. My sister is Donna after my dad Donald. Cute, right? Anyway, I love being DisneySheryl65!

elk2009, Mylinn, mcurtt and 4 others like this.
  14. adejong

adejong Glutton for punishment

15. Roxana

Roxana Bananas for radishes

16. ellenruberg@home.nl

ellenruberg@home.nl Well-Known Member

Day 17 username

[​IMG]

Credits; Lynn Grieveson (BGpaper light me home), Dawn Inkskip (Framed photomask), PRD (brackets & Arrow simple things)

elk2009, Mylinn, mcurtt and 4 others like this.
  17. lou

lou Well-Known Member

This challenge makes for interesting reading!
    [​IMG]

Mylinn, mcurtt, jaye and 5 others like this.
  18. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Hey Ellen, @lmccandless can help you change your user name. Send her a conversation!

19. Megan H

Megan H Well-Known Member

Great idea for a challenge. For some reason, I use my actual name on this site, but everywhere else I am known as bigmeg33!!!

"In college, I had a really close friend who was also named Megan. oddly enough, we had the exact same birthday!! We also both had blond hair and blue eyes. The greatest difference between the two of us was our height. She was 5’2” and I am 5’10”. During the summer, both Meg and I stayed at school and lifeguarded at Our college pool. Ithaca College had a summer exchange program with a university in Spain and each summer, a group of kids would come over and live in the dorms while taking classes. We got to be really good friends with several of them. To tell us apart, they kept calling us “Big Meg” and “Little Meg”. We tried explaining that in America, “big” often means fat, and it would be better to call us “Tall Meg” and “Small Meg”, but somehow, the “Big” just stuck. I have been “BigMeg” ever since! Often times when the username requires a number, I call myself Bigmeg33... 33 was my college soccer and lacrosse jersey number. Here I am with Danny, Carlos and Andres... three of my closest Spanish friends."

[​IMG]

Mylinn, jaye, wvsandy and 4 others like this.
  20. wenckechodan

wenckechodan Active Member

Here's what I created - what a fun challenge! Can't wait to read all the stories! I pasted my journaling in the description (if you follow the link to my gallery) for better readability.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 28, 2018
    honeyandcheese, mcurtt, jaye and 2 others like this.