cookingmylife

18-MOC-17-Your-ScreenName

18-MOC-17-Your-ScreenName
cookingmylife, Jan 17, 2018
Description:
In May of 2008, I started my online presence with my first digital page. Like many others at that time I used my name and didn’t think twice about it. However, by November of that year I was ready to blog and that is when I came up with the idea of Cooking My Life. We had remodeled our kitchen in 2004-5 and I was definitely cooking a lot more than I had. Definitely a lot more than I had before I remarried. But that blog and screen name is about a lot more than food. After the I saw the information on Edward Espe Brown, I knew this was what I was doing and wanted to do with my life. We each get various ingredients over the years of our life and what we ‘cook’ with them is up to us. Sometime the cupboard is fairly bare but we make do and don’t go hungry. Sometimes we have every ingredient we want and can have the pleasure of creating something rich and flavor filled. I knew my cooking was one of my long standing ways of being creative. I’m definitely one who ‘messes with the recipe’. As the years have gone by, I try to be more aware of the ingredients I allow into my life & what I make of them. That process forms some of the basis of my spiritual life. Cooking My Life

agenda_MPM_alabau
alabau_littlemoments
onelittlebird-hyannis
paislee-behindthelens
prd_fancywhites
lynng-livetwill timetoeat
Font: Cochin

Thanks for looking!
Mylinn and MrsPeel like this.
    • flowersgal
      I loved reading your journaling about how you chose your username. I have always enjoyed cooking -- not the dailyness of it but trying new recipes. I usually make the recipe the way it is written the first time, then if it is a "keeper" I make notes on it about changes I want to make when I cook it again.

I checked out your blog and enjoyed your postings although I didn't go far enough back to find any recipes which was what I was expecting.
    • MrsPeel
      I remember seeing you show up and thinking what an amazing nickname!!!! I loved cooking since very early age, my grandmas and my mum showed me a world full of Syrian food and then the adapts to the different countries the whole family have spread around... and it lives in Sarita now too... love the way you scrapped this... the usual super beautiful clean style, the white in contrast with the bold colors, and the perfection of that big block on the left.... gorgeous visually, and amazing journaling!!!! [​IMG]
    • LynnG
      I have wondered about your name, and I loved reading your explanation. :-)
    • cookingmylife
      @MrsPeel Among many other cuisines, I :heartslub Syrian food - esp the raw kibbee.
      MrsPeel likes this.
    • MrsPeel
      ohhhh delight!!!!!!!!!! my mum makes the most delicious!!!!! Sarita is also amazing in the kitchen, she can put together gorgeous looking dishes even when we have near to nothing in the fridge.... if you have the chance to come back to London, we have to make it so you guys can come have dinner (or lunch or tea) with us!!!! Our place isn't big but is in a great neighborhood and near almost all the tourist points... we would e delighted to have you!!![​IMG]
    • cookingmylife
      MrsPeel likes this.
    • tinkerbell1112
      this page is super fun!!!
    • bestcee
      Cool idea to add in the blog post too! The word art pieces are so eye catching! I love how you got your name, and how you shared about your cupboards empty or full.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 6
    Uploaded By:
    cookingmylife
    Date:
    Jan 17, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    247.2 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    700px
    Height:
    700px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).