mirjam

MOC 2018 | 17. Pink Reptile

MOC 2018 | 17. Pink Reptile
mirjam, Jan 17, 2018
Description:
journaling [counts 234 words:
It was such an exciting time when I started as a designer. I had never thought about it let alone thought I would be good enough. I can remember like it was yesterday that I was on the Zig Zag Scrap store CT when Lynne-Marie Favreau sent me an e-mail asking if I would be interested in a designer position in the
store in October 2009. Say wha????? Holy Macaroni was I ever!!!
Then after a while when I was able to think again I realized that I would need a designer name. I knew straight away that I didn’t want to use my own name. My last name is unpronounceable and my first name just didn’t have that wow factor I wanted. So ....how to find a cool name. I went browsing through magazines, looked online, asked friends, ploughed through song lyrics, you name it. Nothing stood out and nothing came up. After a few days [my head filled with a gazillion stupid things] the name Pink Reptile Designs popped up and it just wouldn’t go. With every new attempt I came back to Pink Reptile. The weirdest thing is I am not a fan of the color pink AT ALL. My favorite color is green. And I am not that fond of any sort of reptile eather. I DID however like the sound of Pink Reptile. So I decided to keep it!

credits:
elements: metal rimmed brad 'yes'[limitless], ampersand chip [brand new year], bakers twine, red flowers [bakers gonna bake], red paper heart [just my type], black and white tape, pink splatter stamp [homebody], orange flower button [sisters], journal card turquoise/orange [on cloud 9], library card [more smarter], floral ribbon [laugh out loud], yellow ribbon [downtown], red circle label [labels & tags], marker oval [daily routine], doodled arrow [me, my selfie and i],orange label [on this day], tape flowers [if only], circle stain stamp [house blend], turqouise texture stamp [luvyama]
papers: background paper [feel the breeze], patterned papers [make a change]
alpha: reasonably sized alpha
    • AnneofAlamo
      how I love the story, and that pink reptile footprint! LM owned zig zag? I thought you did? I must have come late in the game! I am just tickled PINK, you came here to follow your favorite color of green! tee hee
      redplaid3, AJK and mirjam like this.
    • cfile
      Oh how fun Mirjam! I knew the story with Lynne-Marie, but never how Pink Reptile came to be. Fascinating!
      mirjam likes this.
    • Pachimac
      How fun!! I love your string and the way it looks like we are reading a book! I also love the photo peeking out!
      mirjam likes this.
    • Tree City
      Such a fun story, and I love how you circled "Say what" on your page to emphasize it!
      mirjam likes this.
    • LynnG
      I have often wondered about that name! It's so cute and works but funny that it just popped into your head. I often wonder whether I should have picked a 'designer name' but too late now LOL!
      mirjam likes this.
    • Serena
      Hee!! I always wondered how you picked that name! I love your real name too. I like how you made this into a "book" very cute and awesome layering!
      mirjam likes this.
    • dawninskip
      Well I never knew Mirjam LOL Fabulous page!
      mirjam likes this.
    • Rikki
      Great story! I love pink and have to say, better a pink reptile than a green one. That would be way too boring! Now I am totally intrigued about your last name. We deal often with Dutch customers and - God - the words! I am convinced I know what they should sound like and then when I hear one I go "what?" That's not that word at all! :) Dutch pronunciation is a mystery...
      mirjam likes this.
    • heathert
      Great framing of the photo (and fun photo), and wonderful journaling!
      mirjam likes this.
    • MlleTerraMoka
      Awesome story! I Always wondered to know where you found this name. Now I know
      mirjam likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Pink Reptile Designs
    Uploaded By:
    mirjam
    Date:
    Jan 17, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    89.5 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    565px
    Height:
    800px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).