January 13: In a Mirror

Discussion in 'MOC 2021 Challenges' started by tkradtke, Jan 13, 2021.

1. dvhoward

dvhoward Don't bother me before 10am!

Found the perfect outdoor mirrors in my neighborhood today.

[​IMG]

tkradtke likes this.
  2. Smileark

Smileark Well-Known Member

We decided to take a break from school and go take some pictures at the lake for this challenge. The only mirror to fit in the car was this little hand mirror. Had a fun MommaDaughter walk!
    [​IMG]

tkradtke likes this.
  3. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Thanks for the challenge! This was a real "challenge" for me because I'm running on a hotspot. I couldn't get any of my pictures to upload. I FINALLY got this picture, that I liked, a picture of one of my candles in front of my hand held mirror and my layout is about "quietness" and solitude, which is what candles represent to me.

[​IMG]

tkradtke likes this.
  4. AnnaB

AnnaB Well-Known Member

5. Lillyia

Lillyia Well-Known Member

This was a great challenge. I have plenty of mirrors in my house and I took a bunch of photos and totally enjoyed it. The problem came when it was time to scrap the photos. It took me a looong time to figure out how to scrap it. I finally came up with this idea and I'm happy with it...at last. Thank you @tkradtke, for forcing me to stretch my imagination and creativity.
    [​IMG]

tkradtke likes this.
  6. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Thought I might not make this- we don't have any mirrors in our home except over bathroom vanity. Umm, that wouldn't work! LOL! Very foggy day made this tree really interesting, at least to me!
    [​IMG]

tkradtke likes this.
  7. plumdumpling

plumdumpling CT - Krista Sahlin

I LOVE mirror pictures!

[​IMG]

tkradtke likes this.
  8. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I took a bajillion pictures tonight, but I was rushed and not many came out the way I hoped. I despise the dreary cloudy and dark evening in the winter in Michigan. :giggle I still ended up with a few fun ones. I would go out and take more in the dark, but we took the outside Christmas lights down tonight. Boo!

[​IMG]

tkradtke and bonnenuit like this.
  9. lulyg14

lulyg14 Testosterone Overload

10. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

[​IMG]

Photo is my daughter looking in the mirror of her vanity we made her for Christmas

tkradtke likes this.
  11. kimingvtx

kimingvtx I'll try anything once!

12. Carla

Carla Well-Known Member

13. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

This was very difficult. However, like all the other challenges - we prevail, right??
    [​IMG]

tkradtke likes this.
  14. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

Yes! I Concur With What Some Of The Ladies Have Been Saying Here!...I'm Struggling With Quite A Few Of The Challenges Too!...I Am Now 2 Behind!...Probably Three! Soon!...I Just Can't Get My Mind Wrapped Around All These Journaling Challenges!...3 Almost In A Row!...& Then This One!...It Took Me An Hour By The Time I Took A Zillion Pics! Of Stuff That Looked AWFUL!...& I Don't Have Any Fancy Pretty Mirrors!...The Only One We Have Is In The Bathroom Glued To the Wall!...And The Only Other Mirror Is My Makeup Mirror!...[And Our Long Dress Mirror In The Bedroom]...Those Pics Were The Worst!...Ditched Them & Moved On!...Almost Ready To Give Up! When I Had An Idea...Ray Was Watching This Movie Called "A Mission To Mars"...From The Year 2000...It Had Lots Of Neat Space Scenes...I Was Just Standing There Thinking...I Pulled Out The Long Dress Mirror From The Bedroom...Ray Helped Me!...Put It In Front Of The TV...Leaning Against The Coffee Table...I Slid Over To The Left Side...Opened Up The Curtain For More Light!...It Didn't Look Too Bad...I Thought!...I Took Oodles Of Shots!...Sooo! Many!...But In The End...I Really Only Liked 1!...& I Had To Do A Lot Of Work On That One To Get It To Look Decently Good!...So It Was A Spaced Theme Layout!...That Part I Didn't Mind...But It Took So Long To Edit The Photo!...Then I Had To Create The Layout!...And Then I Had To Recolor & Cut The Pieces For The Space Elements...They Were Perfect!...But Totally The Wrong Colors!...Again It Took Forever To Get Them Just Right!...I'm Just Tired Now Of Dealing With This Layout!...I Still See Flaws In It!...As I Look At It!...But It's Done Now & I'm Done With This Layout Too!...Moving On...But To 2 Other Challenges I Can't Seem To Wrap My Mind Around!...

*For My Take Me To Mars Layout-I Used:

*Things To Try-Little Butterfly Wings
    *Over The Moon...[Re-Colored...]-Kristin Aagard
    *Look Into Nature Vol.1-Rachel Jefferies

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
    tkradtke likes this.
  15. kendrawalter

kendrawalter Well-Known Member

I used mirror sunglasses to show my scrap setup!
    [​IMG]

tkradtke and MamaBee like this.
  16. crlin

crlin Well-Known Member

So many fun ideas! Thank you for this challenge!
    [​IMG]
    Credits in Gallery

tkradtke and Firstoscartgrouch like this.
  17. Joan K

Joan K Maybe I'll just grow down

I used the mirror top of a vanity table in my bathroom. I had the thought that the snowman on the serving tray that I photographed was taking a selfie! I had fun with this challenge - thanks for the encouragement to be creative.
    [​IMG]

tkradtke and Firstoscartgrouch like this.
  18. CarolynJoyce77

CarolynJoyce77 Snozberries? Who ever heard of a snozberry?!

19. melidy

melidy Well-Known Member

Not going to lie, my photo didn't come out exactly how I intended but I took what I could get with two unpredictable toddler models. Snow White was my first thought when I saw the challenge so I ran with it - my girls don't need an excuse to dress up as a princess.

[​IMG]

20. wendy85

wendy85 Doin' a little chair dance here at my desk

my take...

[​IMG]