Fav layout Day 28-31 {Week 4.5}

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges 2018' started by bestcee, Jan 31, 2018.

1. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

My PP account is tied to my hubby's email address so I got a lot of "You got ANOTHER kit today??" comments a lot this month! LOL

Genniejoy and ashleywb like this.
  2. ashleywb

ashleywb Sand in my toes

Hard to choose between day 29 & 30 - I think the all in a row/column on day 30 wins out by a nose.

[​IMG]

scrumptious likes this.
  3. GlazeFamily3

GlazeFamily3 Peeking in everyone's windows ...

I think my favorite layout of all of MOC was the one I just finished- the very last one!

[​IMG]

scrumptious likes this.
  4. scrumptious

scrumptious Well-Known Member

I've been loving this weekly thread, thank you @bestcee! So lovely to have a place to share and see which layouts from the week we are happiest and proudest with.

I can never pick just one! I think as someone who is used to taking days and days to make a layout, tweaking and perfecting it endlessly, the fact that I banged out 31 in 31 days and really like many of them is just mind-boggling and makes me love them all even more.

My two favorites that I created this week are the In a Row and Pieces of Me layouts. My scrapping mojo was definitely flagging by the last few layouts of MOC so I really appreciated having such a structured challenge for In a Row because it helped me complete a layout I am pleased with, about my bestie and his fiancé, without having to be too creative myself :)
    [​IMG]

And the Pieces of Me challenge was just such a fun experience! I had no idea what to take photos of, and sort of dreaded having to figure it out, and put it off, and then remembered I'd been wanting to scrap about how turning 40 liberated me for wearing Crocs outside the house, and then off I went! This aspect of MOC, where I end up scrapping about things I had no idea how to scrap, before a challenge presented me with a new format or idea, has been one of my favorites.
    [​IMG]

bestcee likes this.
  5. kimingvtx

kimingvtx I'll try anything once!

This is my favorite because I'm glad that I've written the story...

[​IMG]

bestcee likes this.
  6. Firstoscartgrouch

Firstoscartgrouch Save the salmon, and the lemon butter!

IMG_1987.JPG [​IMG]

Day 28 triangle, my favourite moc 6 challenge

Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
  7. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

I like all the last ones I did but this one stands out because I have been wanting to get around to scrapping this photo from my childhood for some time:

[​IMG]

8. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Merlot, Cab, Chard, Reisling - all 4 food groups!

Thank you @bestcee for these forum threads. Its really nice to go through my layouts....AND, I love to see what others favorites are (lots of Pinterest pins to my scrapbook board from this thread).

From week 4.5, this was my favorite creations. It was truly a challenge to use so many alphas. And I wanted to do something unique with the alphas...I didn't want a stapled, pasted, taped, stitched down to a piece of paper look...I wanted something more organic. Mission accomplished, I think.

[​IMG]

bestcee likes this.
  9. NancyP

NancyP All you need is a little bit of pixie dust

I LOVED day 29, Creativity with Alphas. It's just something that I would have never though of doing. Now its in my notebook so I won't forget it.

[​IMG]

10. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

11. Ga_L

Ga_L Well-Known Member

thanks to the MOC I had lots of fun to make this page with the alphas :
    [​IMG]
    I think I will use this idea more ofter, I love the result

12. Genniejoy

Genniejoy Well-Known Member

Oh no, that would be TERRIBLE!!!! My hubby hasn't a clue as I manage our accounts. He knows I bought digi for my birthday, but him getting almost daily emails of this nature would be the death of him! You are oh so brave!!! LOL I did LOL too!!!! :)

Pachimac likes this.
  13. Genniejoy

Genniejoy Well-Known Member

I miss MOC already! Just came looking for a chat to see what I've missed and found this. I just looked at my gallery earlier today and noticed that no one had commented on my absolute favourite page from the whole challenge! I love it because of what it says. Not just the journalling, but our whole lives are forever intertwined with our years living in Ethiopia and then our traumatic and sudden return. This is the first time I've journalled about it. But mostly, I love the victory for life that this page holds. To see such triumph from what others would label such setbacks. One day I might even journal about that huge scar he has on his chin that he got in Africa that could have killed his 5 yr old self.
    Anyway, here is my favourite from the last week and the whole MOC! :) (I know the journalling is long, but it's so worth reading!) :D
    GennieJoy MOC 6 #31 Then and Now.jpg

14. Amson

Amson Yoo-hoo!

When I saw the last challenge I panicked thinking this was near impossible. After I calmed down and started thinking, the ideas came quickly and this was the result. One of my favourite pages of MOC.

[​IMG]

15. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

He's not really mad...he rarely says I'm spending too much. Thank God.