Curious - When? How Long?

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges 2022' started by Scrapping with Liz, Jan 23, 2022.

1. CathQuillScrap

CathQuillScrap I suspect foul play...

I am lucky that I work mornings only so most afternoons and evenings are me time... I juggle shopping or doing stuff for my Mom in the afternoons too. I scrap virtually every day and definitely all weekend... doing MOC and other CT layouts are priority at the moment. I am about 5 behind... done the easy (for me) ones and still stewing over the more difficult ones (mosaic and bobblehead).

I can spend between 20 minutes to three days on a page... hehee... but that does include all the thinking about it and preplanning. If I am quiet at work I tend to look for photos and kits to put a page together. Then once home and I can scrap it gets done quickly. It's the deciding what to use that takes tooooooo long.

I made myself a text file with all the links for the kits that I own that are in the shop so that when I need to credit them I can just copy out of that file and add it to the list for the page.

Marilyn and Scrapping with Liz like this.
  2. *sylvia*

*sylvia* Well-Known Member

That depends on the challenge and how I want to perform it. My layouts are always very individual. I need normally about 30 minutes, with journaling a little bit longer.

Scrapping with Liz likes this.
  3. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

Any thing from 45 minutes to 3 hours lol.... Depends on the challenge, and on what time of day ( for me ) they are posted . I scrap early morning ( don't always post till after lunch, depending how many Kits I used , if I know I will have to search the shop 10 times for a link, I leave it till later, but mostly the page is done)
    If the challenge is posted late ( for me ) it might not get done till late afternoon ( or late evening) and posted the next day. ( love Aussie challenge hosts because of time zones LOL )
    At the moment I am up to date ( or I will be in an hour , when I post Karen's challenge... )

4. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

I can usually get one done in 30 mins - clean and simple or easy templates can be less.
    This year I played with more kits so keeping track and crediting also took a little longer.
    I love keeping up to date though, doing one a day.

5. Monica Moriak

Monica Moriak Well-Known Member

I'd say 1-2 hours on average, not including posting. I start in the morning with an idea and then think about or plan during the day. I can frequently sneak in bits of time throughout my day. This year seems to take me longer than last. I have taken the last two weekends to get caught up. I had 13 to finish or completely do last weekend and then need to get them posted this week and weekend and I am getting better with work flow. I like t he time constraints because it forces me to make quick decisions and not dwell on "What is best" it is all good. I will follow this up with LOAD in February.

6. tinkerbell1112

tinkerbell1112 Offical Ambassador of the Magic Kingdom

On normal days I am awake between 5:30am and 6am. I don't start work until 8 and I work from home. I do them before work. When I'm behind like I have been because of the past 2 weekends (we've gone out of town 2 weekends in a row) I do them whenever I can. LOL. It takes me between 20-45 minutes to do one. The two template one is taking a bit because there are so many layers and the bobblehead one is going to take me forever because I am terrible at extractions.

7. sm_amber

sm_amber I learn from the best..

Oh my word! You're so fast! Especially with everything that's included in your pages. :dizzy Well done!!!

I'm super slow - mainly because I'm so freaking indecisive. Last night I spent at least 5 minutes turning paint splatter layers on and off deciding if I liked them or not. I think the fastest I've ever done a page is 40 minutes - I knew the exact photo, kit and page composition I wanted to use. I'd say my average time is about 2 hours of actual scrapping. Choosing photos is such a pain and takes so much time when I'm not inspired by something specific, so having the challenges or CT work that give me at least a little bit of framework is super helpful.

gonewiththewind likes this.
  8. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Well, both of the quickest were clean & simple layouts, and that's simply because there was a limit on what I could put on the page! Otherwise, it would have taken longer and would have lots of stuff on the layout! :giggle

I started at some point going with my first choice of embellishment or paper. Not all the time, obviously, but most of the time I just pick the item and make it work.

9. sm_amber

sm_amber I learn from the best..

.. and that's why you're a pro! :heartlub

littlekiwi and gonewiththewind like this.
  10. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

yep, choosing photos and product are my two biggest time suckers....maybe I need to take lessons from @gonewiththewind too on product picking!

gonewiththewind and sm_amber like this.
  11. gonewiththewind

12. mnjenlittle

mnjenlittle Dewey Decimal, I love you!

I have gotten faster over the years. When I first started I was blindly doing challenges just hoping I could use a template because I just wasn't familiar enough with Photoshop. I am so thankful that I have been able to really learn it and felt comfortable starting from scratch. But I will say those scratch pages take me longer. I fiddle a lot longer! lol I scrap during the day and can get a few pages done for different books. Right now I need to catch up on MOC, so hoping to get at least two challenges done today.

13. gonewiththewind

That's where I come in - Fiddle-Dee-Dee! :giggle

14. mnjenlittle

mnjenlittle Dewey Decimal, I love you!

Bwahahahaha ok I actually thought that but wrote it anyway. :happydance2

15. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

It really varies - some challenges I know right away what to do and others require some thought. I usually check the new challenge in the morning, think on it, and then scrap it that night.

Right now, I have yesterdays and todays to do. I am still thinking of ideas for both, but hope I can scrap them tonight.

16. elseepe

elseepe I'll follow the sun

It takes me a while after the inspiration hits. I doubt if I finish many in under an hour. But I’m retired with only some grand baby sitting duties. It’s my play / creative time so I like to enjoy it.

Scrapping with Liz and sm_amber like this.
  17. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

I could have written this word for word.

18. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I usually start my layout on my lunch hour. I'm working from home, so I don't even have to drive anywhere. At noon I just open up Photoshop and start playing. I get kind of annoyed that I have to also take time to make lunch though. :giggle Sometimes it can take me most of my lunch hour to decide what I'm going to do for that day's challenge and then pick the photos and the kit(s), but if I get that much done on my lunch hour I can usually whip out the page in about 30-60 minutes in the evening.

There have been a couple of time that I've had a busy day and I couldn't get to the challenge, so then I just catch up at some point over the weekend.

I cannot believe you got a page done in SIX MINUTES Cheryl! @gonewiththewind I cannot do that at all. Especially with the clean and simple ones. Those take me the longest because I agonize over which few element to use. :giggle

jk703 and gonewiththewind like this.
  19. gonewiththewind

I actually had one done in 5 minutes. LOL Again, that's not including grabbing my photo(s), doing custom shadowing, or editing/posting my videos. :queen

jk703, Karen and rach3975 like this.
  20. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Dude! You need a badge for that or something. That's amazing. :nod