April 2022 - Week Three Monthly Muse

Discussion in 'Art Journaling' started by Sokee, Apr 18, 2022.

1. Smwhite

Smwhite Well-Known Member

2. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

I Just Wanted To First Say Thank You!!! To @Sokee ...For Choosing One Of My Layouts As The Week#3 Art Journaling Scraplift...What A Wonderful! Surprise!!!...:bk...& To Everyone Who Stopped By To Leave Me Comments!!!...:bk...

I Feel Blessed! To See All The Scraplifted Layouts Here That Everyone Created & Contributed!...Every One Is Both Unique & Spectacular!!!...Thank You! Everyone!...Amazing! Layouts!!!...

I Messaged Sokee & Asked Her If I Was Now Supposed To Scraplift My Own Layout...???...Is That Weird?...She Responded With Positivity! & Said " If it moves you to try something new I would love to see what you create " ...I Thought About It For Awhile & Decided I Was Gonna Give It A Try...Thinking This Was Great! Timing For A New Art Journal Layout...

My Face Your Fears Layout :

*I Stuck To The Mostly Black & White Layout Like The Original...I Chose A Large Photo Like The Original...And I Did Scrap Over The Photo Much Like The Original...The First Layout Was A Stylized Decision For Looking Through Rose-Colored Glasses Up To The Sky...For Light & Positivity...So I Did Not Cover Her Eyes This Time...The Layout Still Has A Strong Positive Message But More About Embracing Your Past...& Learning From It...Finding Your Self IE "Soul"...And Feeling Stronger To Embrace The Present & Be Ready To Move Forward & Look Towards The Future...And In The Same Vein,As The Original Layout,I Stuck Originally To 1 Color...Yellow...I Liked It But Felt It Needed Something More...It Was Missing Something...I Wanted More Impact...So I Decided To Try To Do Her Make-Up & See How I Liked That...I Tried Some Different Colors But When I Tried The Red...I Knew This Was The One...[I Like Red It Is My Fav Color...So Seemed Right...]...But It Still Didn't Feel Cohesive Enough To Me...So Bam!...It Hit Me...I Recolored The Yellow Flowers Red To Coordinate With The Red Lip & Eyes...I Was Super! Pumped With How It Turned Out!...I So Love! Powerful Looking Eyes & Polka-Dots Too! & Rachel's Card With The Snaps On It...Sealed The Deal!...I Finally Felt The Layout Was Finished...& My Own Personal Message Was Clear...

Thank You! So Much Everyone!...Hearts & Hugs...Rhonda...xo...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 26, 2022
    Cath_ likes this.
  3. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

wow, cool and scary a same time

4. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

Thank you for a fun scrap. Lots of small photos instead of a large one :dizzy but I never do things by halves LoL
    [​IMG]

Sokee likes this.
  5. AmandaJ

AmandaJ Adagio, or Allegro? I can't decide.

I was inspired by the large b/w picture and the minimal color palette. @RJMJ I would absolutely love to know how you did the selective coloring in the inspiration layout. I have tried several different things and just couldn't get the edges like I wanted. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

[​IMG]

6. tanteva

tanteva Even the professionals are bewildered

Here's my layout for this challenge:

[​IMG]