January 25th : Art Doll (Style Challenge)

Discussion in 'MOC 2018 Challenges' started by MrsPeel, Jan 25, 2018.

1. heathert

heathert Well-Known Member

Umm... I've never done an art doll before.

[​IMG]

2. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

Whoah...this will be quite a challenge for me!!

Nervous!

Challenge accepted!!!!

MrsPeel likes this.
  3. Thuria

Thuria Well-Known Member

WOW!!! This is a challenge, for sure! But your pages are so beautiful that I'm keen to try and see if I can do something from there. Completely out of my zone of comfort, but this is fun!

4. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

thank you for the challenge, and inspiration.
    [​IMG]

5. Nana77

Nana77 Active Member

This was a real challenge for me :).. but quite happy with result :)

I used head and arms from different kit, but rest of the body is from the template :)

[​IMG]

weaselwatchr, jwalls39, LynnG and 8 others like this.
  6. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

Ladies/girls/ awesome people....!!!
    I have put together a bit of an explanation of what you can do , and posted the link also in the opening post- I posted at the Learning Pad, so you can click HERE:
    https://the-lilypad.com/forum/threads/a-basic-guide-to-your-own-art-doll.52581/
    and read a bit more.
    If you have never used a template/don't know how to clip papers, let us know that we will also help you with that!!!!!

:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub have missed you dearly too!!!!!!! but hey, c;mon!!!! I have GSOed so many artsy pages of yours, you rock!!!!! just clip to the parts, then start adding if you fill like it (once I made a doll ful size on 12x12, dressed her all up in sequins!!!) you will rock this!!!!!!!!!! so so glad tro have you back and you will be so great with the doll, you will want to make more!!! It happened to me wth Jenn @jk703 with her mosaic challenge, first I panicked...then I can now stop making mosaics!!!!! :heartlub:heartlub:heartlub

LOL well I can say I kinda of agree, only I would stretch up to the 70s, maybe 80s..... after that..... maybe some people really did make me fall in love with their music but they don't "survive".... we get some really good stuff from Adele and then she disappears pr goes into common place which it doesn't make me want to listen that much....
    There are others, but I listen to a lot of Brazilian country music which most of my friends dislike and say "is not music" still I love it.... but enough with music (though am right now insetting to the 4 reasons LOL)
    Love how you went for it !! I'll ve around the gallery in a bit to comment!!!! Thanks for playing!!!!!!:heartlub

@heathert , is great!!!!!! I ll be around the gallery in a bit! Thanks for playing!!!!! :heartlub

and of course, you will be awesome!!!!!!!!!:heartlub

thank YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I obssess a lot these days with pages, I'm just getting over the "everything I make sucks " :giggle:giggle:giggle I had a rough time in December but, in great part thanks to this AWESOME family at The Pad...things are getting much better :) I'm sure you will rock this, I discovered you yesterday, and your gallery is amazing!!!!! can't wait to see!!!!:heartlub

My dear Angela.... I wouldn't known you had never made one before!!!! Of to the galleries now to comment properly!!!!!! thanks for playing!!!!!! :heartlub

LynnG, jk703 and wenckechodan like this.
  7. Frumpje

Frumpje Summer is made for memories

I would never ever put those in my albums, but I love the creativity and how it cleans my head just playing with this kind of challenges! Thank you so much, Cynthia!

(inspired by spring)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
  8. jagruti patel

jagruti patel Me love cookies! Yum! Yum!

At first i was afraid....i was petrified! Insert song here....but I'm kjnd of excited to play now.
    Question: Can this be an ATC?

9. andastra

andastra Can't knock me down for long!

That challenge sound amazing!!

MrsPeel likes this.
  10. kathywolf

kathywolf Active Member

[​IMG]
    Inspriation from Autumn colors

11. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

I made this kind of page before, been a while though. I used to be on the Scrap Art Studio team and Cilenia Curtis taught me how.

JillW and MrsPeel like this.
  12. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

thank you for the challenge ... really outside my comfort zone ...

patsyt and MrsPeel like this.
  13. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

MILLIONs of Points for creativity!!!!!! LOL I just see myself exactly as you made your doll, I can imagine you with boys!!!!!!!!!! love it!!!!!!!

nope :( am afraid it has to be a full size LO, vut I posted something in the learning Pad to guide you as to what you can do,,,, you have the template, just chose the parts you want , clip them and if you want to add more you d, if not leave it simple !!!!

I write a guide to what to do here"
    https://the-lilypad.com/forum/threads/a-basic-guide-to-your-own-art-doll.52581/#post-969644

so glad you like it!!!!!!!!! :heartlub

:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub love what you did!!!!nhey you will need to program a trip to London... I would love to meet you in person!!!!! how long a drive or train or bus are you from us? we are in Hampstead, London Borough of Camden so is north east :)

jagruti patel likes this.
  14. Ga_L

Ga_L Well-Known Member

Cynthia @MrsPeel you always have crazy ideas ! that's why I love you

MrsPeel and LynnG like this.
  15. AnikA68

AnikA68 Well-Known Member

I was inspired by spring
    [​IMG]

MrsPeel, KittyY, A-M and 4 others like this.
  16. AlannaH

AlannaH Well-Known Member

Haha, now here's something I would not usually do!! Thanks for pushing me out of my comfort zone, this will be fun!

MrsPeel and JillW like this.
  17. jagruti patel

jagruti patel Me love cookies! Yum! Yum!

@MrsPeel thank you! I am ok with that! !!

MrsPeel likes this.
  18. *gina*

*gina* It's all about the 3-C's

Thank you for this interesting challenge, Cynthia. I know you have fantastic ideas and this art of pages I never did before. I was inspired by summer.
    Here is my page
    [​IMG]

MrsPeel, KittyY, A-M and 7 others like this.
  19. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

This is one of my favorite classical music pieces - I'm really enjoying listening to it while I scrap!!

The only one better would have been Smetana's "The Muldau"!

MrsPeel likes this.
  20. NancyP

NancyP All you need is a little bit of pixie dust

I think our beloved @MrsPeel and our beloved @AnneofAlamo have been putting their heads together and comparing notes. I can hear them now as they decide what to do to us-----(bbwwwaaaahahahahahahahaha) :clappy<<< (MrsPeel) :giggle<<< (AnneofAlamo)

MrsPeel, londoncuppa and Karen like this.