wenckechodan

MOC6 day 25-doll (Vivaldi)

MOC6 day 25-doll (Vivaldi)
wenckechodan, Jan 25, 2018
Description:
Hello there! This layout was created for a challenge in MOC6. The challenge was to create a photoless page featuring a doll, and to use Vivaldi's four seasons for inspiration.

I followed Vivaldi's Winter's 1st movement (Allegro non-molto c f-minor). I love the dissonant staccato seventh chord, which is to represent a rigid cold. This shivering stiff atmosphere reminds me of the trembling anticipation of a date in the beginning of a new courtship. I chose to work with neutral and dark colors to underline the brittle mood, and some elements to show that it is, at the same time, upbeat and bubbly. To say it with the words of the Winter's sonnet: That's winter, but what joy it does bring.
Quest’ è ‘l verno, mà tal, che gioja apporte.

Journaling = rock’n’roll song lyrics:
"Monday Tuesday no time! Wednesday not, I’m sorry! Thursday and Friday not, please don’t frown. Saturday you’re out of luck with me! It’s not until Sunday that I’ll open the door! Look forward to Sunday, it’s going to be wonderful!"

Credits:
Art doll: Tangie Baxter: Art Journal Doll Templates
Everything else: Dawn Inskip: Dear Diary
Lyrics: Illo Schieder
Font: Kingthings Trypewriter
marijke, Mylinn, Pachimac and 3 others like this.
    • heathert
      Lovely and elegant interpretation =)
    • Angela Toucan
      wow, brilliant interpretation, thank you for sharing your inspiration and reasons for your choices with us.
    • MrsPeel
      wow!!!! love the way you mind works!!!!!!! I feel that in the seasons, some don;t quit "fit" with the spirit I would give to my music of I was to compose, but there is a duality in everything in this life ...and I still love Vivaldi, though my most Favorite is Bach.... love that you went for this with mind and heart!!! Thank you so much for playing with us!!!![​IMG]
    • wenckechodan
      @MrsPeel Thanks! I like the rationale behind the page better than the final result :banghead (this was a first for me, with the art journal style and dolls, but hey, those stretches are what challenges are for, right?!) And I did get to listen to Vivaldi, so that made it all the more worthwhile! :agree
      Mylinn likes this.
    • Sokee
      I love that you explained your whole process! It is wonderful and I really like those doodled circles!
    • gduncan
      Your page turned out brilliant!!! I really love it! Your doll is so cute.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 6
    Uploaded By:
    wenckechodan
    Date:
    Jan 25, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    153.1 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).