MOC Guidelines

Discussion in 'MOC 2023 - Coming Home' started by mrs2a50, Dec 22, 2022.

1. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

Hi friends! We're super excited to bring you another year of our Month of Challenges! Before the event starts, I want to bring to everyone's attention the guidelines for the month. While we want everyone to scrap from their heart and put their own individual spin on their pages, the challenges will still have rules and standards that everyone needs to follow. Some of the challenges will require journaling; some will require you to use specific product; some will require specific photos. Each of the challenges must be read carefully to ensure that your page meets the minimum requirements, while still allowing you to put your own spin on things.
    1. Your pages must conform to the guidelines of each challenge in order to qualify as completed. Please read the challenges carefully and make sure your page follows the guidelines of the challenge. Each of the hosts have created challenges that are flexible but still have structure. It is your responsibility to make sure your page meets the minimum requirements. If you have any questions, post in the challenge thread or message me or the host. If the question comes down to a difference in interpretation, the host's opinion will prevail.
    2. While we hope everyone enjoys MOC, it is also meant to take you outside of your comfort zone. You may need to explore a new style, or learn a technique that's new to you. Please be open to new things! If for some reason you are unable to complete a challenge, please contact me or the host privately. We will try to work with you as best we can to find a work-around.
    3. Some of our challenges may require you to take a new photo specifically for a challenge, or purchase product you don't already have.
    4. You may scrap your MOC pages in whatever style you wish, as long as your pages comply with the guidelines for each challenge.
    5. NEW FOR 2023: Your pages must contain 100% Lilypad product. We define this as current or retired product from designers currently selling a The Lilypad. Product from other digital stores will not be allowed. If you choose to scrap a hybrid page, you can use physical product from a brick and mortar store, but you must still include digital product from the Lilypad. Fonts are an exception to this rule.
    6. You must provide a list of products used for your MOC pages in your gallery posting. Your list MUST include the full kit name and full designer name. Linking to the Lilypad product is even better. The use of a credit tracker to list your credits will not be allowed. If you use a credit tracker, you will be asked to revise your credit list before your page is considered compliant for that day's challenge.
    7. Your pages must be newly created specifically for MOC. You must have a different page for each challenge; you cannot use the same page for more than one challenge.
    8. Each day, a new challenge will be posted in the MOC 2023 Challenges forum. Challenges will be posted between midnight and 9:00 a.m. Eastern time, depending on the location of the host and their real life commitments. Please be patient - the challenges will be posted daily.
    9. We will do our best to make our challenges inclusive to all scrap programs. If you are having a problem, please do not panic! Many times, our community can help you work through your issues. If all else fails, message your host and we will work with you.
    10. Journaling challenges are meant for telling stories. Please read the guidelines carefully for the requirements. The story is the focal point and therefore needs to be a prominent feature of your design. We want you to share your thoughts and details as opposed to simply using word art or a simple caption. If your journaling is sensitive or personal, please message me or your challenge host directly to discuss.
    11. Your pages must be posted in The Lilypad gallery, then linked to the individual challenge thread, and your personal thread for your MOC layouts (see next guideline below).
    12. After you complete your first layout, please create a new thread in the MOC 2023 Layouts forum (which will be active on the first day of MOC) and post your first layout. The title of your thread should be “your username’s layouts” (for example – mrs2a50’s Layouts).Please use your username and not your given name(this helps with tallying at the end).
    13. The first post in your thread should be your first layout. Each additional layout should be anew postin your thread (do not edit your first post and add additional layouts to it - if I see this happening, I will contact you and ask you to correct this). If you complete all 31 layouts, you should have 31 posts in your thread.PLEASE DO NOTcreate 31 posts ahead of time and edit them as you add the layouts (if I see this happening, I will delete your extra posts that do not have completed pages in them). Post as you finish each new layout. You do not have to post your pages in MOC order; if you do not complete each page on it's day, you can post your pages in whatever order you complete them. If you want to have your layouts in order, you can hold onto your layouts until you're able to post them in order. But PLEASE do not create "placeholder" posts in your thread to fill later.
    14. Please label your page posts with the date and name of the challenge (January 1: Blind Scrap). This will make the tallies at the end of MOC go much smoother and faster!
    15. If we have questions or comments about your page, we will contact you via conversation. Please make sure your notifications have been turned on. Your messaging settings can be found and edited under the General Settings of your User CP. Our messages are not meant to offend or upset anyone; we simply want to make sure that everyone is following the rules of the event.
    16. You will have until 11:59 pm eastern time, Thursday, February 2, to complete all your layouts. Everyone who correctly completes all 31 layouts will be eligible to win several prize packages, detailed here. In addition, finishers will be considered for a full-time Pollywog spot on the Lilypad CT.
    17. In addition to the prize packages, each challenge will have two daily winners of a store gift certificate - one chosen by the challenge host in the amount of $25 and one chosen randomly in the amount of $10.
    18. If you have any questions you can post them in the Q&A thread, or in the individual challenge thread, or you can message me or the challenge host.

Above all else, remember to have fun!

Brendazzle, violaine, Lime and 22 others like this.
  2. crazsquaw

crazsquaw I can totally make that...

Thanks for the great clarification of the rules, they sound great!!

Lime and mrs2a50 like this.
  3. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

Sounds good Julie!
    [​IMG]

4. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I love the 100% current or retired products rule! That should make it easier in a sense I think.

julianz and RebeccaH like this.
  5. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

6. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

does this include Mixed Media Monthly kit contributions by current designers? or are retired M3 kits excluded?

7. tanteva

tanteva Even the professionals are bewildered

I always journal in Swedish, but include translation in my credits. Will this be ok?

8. CathQuillScrap

CathQuillScrap I suspect foul play...

soooooooooo looking forward to January and all the scrapping that is coming.

9. Becca Bonneville

Becca Bonneville Oh my God Becky

Yes, as long as the product is from a current designer you can use it.

chai, A-M and Angela Toucan like this.
  10. Becca Bonneville

Becca Bonneville Oh my God Becky

Yes, this is okay!

tanteva likes this.
  11. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Could a person win one of the daily prizes (either host-chosen or random draw) for more than one challenge, or will people be eliminated once they've won something to give others a chance?

A-M likes this.
  12. bjthomas

bjthomas We will rock you!

LOVE that we get to use retired products as well!

chai and Mingo08 like this.
  13. mrs2a50

We will limit the daily challenges to one win per person, to provide as many chances as we can.

14. rach3975

rach3975 Well-Known Member

Yeah--we're close enough to MOC for the guidelines to be posted! I'm very excited about this change, but of course I have 1 question, LOL. If I have something from a current designer and the product is not in the store, I often don't know if it was ever sold here or if I got it as a blog freebie, from their previous store, etc. Are all products by current designers acceptable or only products that were sold at TLP at some point?

bjthomas and littlekiwi like this.
  15. mrs2a50

As long as the designer is currently at TLP, it's usable. We can't monitor where it was purchased either.

16. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Thanks for asking the question @rach3975 re current products. I was wondering the same thing so it’s good to know

rach3975 likes this.
  17. bjc

bjc Trophy Wife

Can’t wait. It will be fun. What is a “ credit tracker “

18. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

[it is a script people have they run on PhotoShop and it lists what they used based on how a designer may have named their elements/papers. It is usually abbreviated etc. and sometimes very hard for someone to decipher]

19. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Mine also lists every single item used aka each individual layer. No one wants to decipher that when there's lots of layers!

cfile likes this.
  20. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

True!