Prayers and good thoughts please

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by littlekiwi, Nov 16, 2020.

1. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Can not believe it, happened again about half an hour ago....currently waiting for the police to come.

2. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Oh my word, @littlekiwi !!! I am so sad that this is happening. When I was 15, we had a break-in and I came home off the bus and discovered the house in disarray. I couldn't ride the bus home for weeks and weeks. I can't imagine having it happen multiple times. You are such a strong woman for so many reasons, but enough is enough. I'm praying for angelic protection for you, your mom, and your home. I want y'all to be safe! Sending love and ((HUGS)) your way.

3. littlekiwi

Thanks @gonewiththewind I honestly think not being home would be easier than this....one or both of us have been home when each incident has happened

4. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

so very sorry this is happening, and I hope the Police catch them this time.

5. littlekiwi

unfortunately the chances are low, police aren’t able to come out tonight as there currently isn’t any danger to people or property right now.

6. Amson

Amson Yoo-hoo!

This is terrible. I am so sorry that you and your Mum have had to go through this. I hope that the police keep an eye on you in the short term and that these thieves are caught.

7. littlekiwi

no theft this time, just 4 guys aged mid teens to early 20’s causing trouble and trespassing on our property while we were home three times in 2 days.

8. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

Prayers for your peace of mind and safety for you both. I can only imagine how violated you must feel. Hugs!

9. littlekiwi

I forgot to say earlier this week we had another incident of idiots smashing up one of our 2nd floor windows......with an empty paint tin no less! But this time a neighbour across the road from our 50 yard/metre long driveway saw the idiots running away and came to see me 2 evenings ago to say he’d seen it and to ask if they belong here....obviously I said a big fat NO! so now he knows if he sees any shady behaviour to ring the police. He can see things from a different point of view than we can because of our house position so it’s good to have more “eyes” on the situation. Still doesn’t make it ok or right by any means though.

10. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Oh my goodness, AGAIN??? This is insanity for you and your mom!! We had a home invasion once and it took me months and months to get over it!! I can't imagine having as many as you've had and now somebody smashed a second story window? Are you able to have any kind of "protection" where you live??? I'd be taking some serious action. At least, I'd have a baseball bat in every room.

cfile likes this.
  11. littlekiwi

I hate to say part of the reason I’ve been MIA around here is vandals hit our house again on Friday afternoon - just once luckily and the same neighbour saw where the idiots went afterwards and were able to ring the police. Luckily it was my mums normal day off so she could get back home within 15-20 mins but after 9 months of it, it’s getting old! Unfortunately my mum isn’t in a position to sell the house and move and while I have every intention of moving, until I have a job that isn’t a possibility. For now we are buying wireless cameras to catch the idiots and to have more proof for police when/if it happens again as we can’t alarm or gate our property.

12. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Oh Jennifer!!! So very sorry this keeps happening. I hope things change for you soon!

13. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I saw you post about this on Facebook, and I am so sorry. It's not just the loss of property, but the violation of your personal spaces. Sending you loads of ((HUGS)) and praying for you and your mom!

14. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Jennifer - this is just more than anyone should have to deal with. I hope they are caught soon. I can’t imagine the stress of all this. Hugs to you and your mom.

15. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

Thinking about you

16. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

sending prayers to keep you and your Mum safe. So sorry to hear this Jennifer. I would hope the police would be keeping a survelliance there since this is so frequent.

17. littlekiwi

unfortunately until we have photographic/video evidence there is little the police can do.

18. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

Hopefully the wireless camera does the job. My son has a RING doorbell camera and it's amazing what he catches on video.

19. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

Oh Jennifer, I'm so sorry to hear this! It pains me that people will go out of their way to be so mean to others. I hope that they will find who did this, and that the video cameras will also help in the future. Big hugs from me!!

20. littlekiwi

You wouldn’t believe this....roughly 24 hours ago this happened.

I’m usually awake til 12-12.30am on a Sunday night til family finish work so me being awake when this happened wasn’t unusual.

Last night at 11.30pm, I heard a series of knocking on the back door (which is our main door) with a underaged idiot wanting to be let inside because “it’s cold”, wanting drugs, alcohol and cigarettes plus ****** advances from me.......short answer was hell, no, get off the property. Rang police and they came and for the first time in 9 months the idiot was caught and trespassed from our property for 2 years. The police agreed with me that they’d be questioning why a 14 year old was out at 11.30pm on technically a school night but that because they were under 18 apart from serving a trespass notice and referring the case to youth aid (a division of police that deals with underage crimes essentially) there isn’t much else that will be done.