Prayers and good thoughts please

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by littlekiwi, Nov 16, 2020.

1. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

If you've been following my status updates over the last 24-36 hours or so you'll know I had an intruder who stole my mums laptop during broad daylight while I was home. We rang the police but as agreed by us since there was no physical damage the police wouldn't visit. Well the story got a whole lot worse last night (about 8 hours ago), they (presumably the same idiot) came back and did virtually the same thing but with weapons (yes police were involved) and stole my ipad at roughly the same time 24 hours later. I again was home alone as my mum had popped out to pick up a few groceries......needless to say I've been scared s***less since then with the prospect of not being able to live in my own home in safety during broad daylight. Theres been a heck of a lot of crying and pent up frustration since the 2nd incident. Luckily theres no physical damage to me or the house, just a couple of pieces of stolen technology but needless to say the following few days are really going to test me I think even though I was sooooo strong in the moment in both days while adrenaline was pumping. So with that being said I'd truly appreciate some thoughts and prayers to my mum and I while we navigate a super tricky and unsettling time thanks to these idiots.

bestcee and KarenB like this.
  2. KarenB

KarenB I like dogs. And maybe three people.

I am so sorry this happened again. It must have been so frightening, especially with weapons! I can't imagine what you are going through. To feel unsafe in your own home must be just awful. I am thinking of you and your mum and sending positive thoughts your way. Hugs :happyhug:beat

3. littlekiwi

Exactly.....it is frightening for sure amongst other things.....I hardly ever swear and I think every bad word I knew was at least rolling around in my head if not being said as I decompressed and vented. Main thing is we are both safe (my mum was actually out for both days) and we didn't loose to much, just a heap of anxiety, worry, stress and panic to deal with and the what if. could it happen tomorrow, what did I do wrong etc thoughts that roll around in your head....its the gall to do it while I was home and do it during broad daylight twice in a row thats worrying.

KarenB likes this.
  4. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

Oh, how scary and upsetting! I can only imagine how you must feel. I will be keeping you both in my thoughts. (((hugs)))

5. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

That must have been so scary and unsettling. Hugs and prayers to both of you.

6. littlekiwi

yeah once was scary enough, 2nd time with a weapon is a whole other story

KimJ likes this.
  7. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Oh so sorry this happened! Praying for you.

8. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

Praying for you and your mom Jennifer.

9. JenEm

JenEm Pollywog

I am so sorry that this happened to you, Jennifer. I cannot even begin to imagine what you are going through. Hugs and prayers for you and your Mom. :beat

10. julianz

julianz Well-Known Member

11. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Oh, Jennifer - how frightening just to read this! I can't believe they came back again and this time with weapons!! Sending prayers and thoughts to you right this minute. :heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub

12. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

So sorry, Jennifer!! That is so scary and I'm sure something very difficult to process and deal with!! Sending prayers for you both and much love to you!!

13. littlekiwi

about 3 hours ago we had the police forensic fingerprint person out and we've figured out point of entry which helps though there werent many fingerprints they could get because of type of surfaces. The real test will be in a few hours which marks 24 hours since round two and roughly 48 hours since round one....I don't want to be assuming a pattern but you start to think it thats for sure

14. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

What bold thieves; this is horrible. I can’t imagine how you feel. Take care and I’m sending you all kinds of cyber hugs.

15. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

That's crazy! I hope they can find out who is doing this.

16. rach3975

rach3975 Well-Known Member

Woah--not once, but twice? It's hard to imagine ever really feeling as safe as you used to after an experience like that. But that said, you're so strong and have dealt with so much--you're going to get through this, too! Sending hugs and positive thoughts your way.

17. flowersgal

flowersgal I have big ears and wide arms

Praying for you and you mom's safety and peace of mind as you deal with the aftermath of this horrible experience. Virtual hugs to you both.

18. littlekiwi

Finally some good news....All good tonight, no intruders or theft luckily. Not counting it as a full win yet. Think having 5 police cars and 6 police officers visit yesterday might have discouraged another visit.

bestcee likes this.
  19. Dady

Dady Well-Known Member

o sorry, praying for you and your mom ♥️

20. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

oh gosh Jennifer... I did not see this until now.. now I really understand our discussion yesterday. So glad you are ok and wow I am so sorry you went through that. Prayers for you and your Mom...keep a baseball bat or something near you during the day so you have a little protection. I am so sorry and hope the police catch the criminals. Prayers for your safety.