***CLOSED*** WINNER ANNOUNCED***GTKY: 3 things you might not know about me | DSD 2020

Discussion in 'DSD 2020 Party Pad' started by amandac, Oct 1, 2020.

1. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Gosh. I talk so much here that I doubt there are 3 things people don't know. In fact I think this post will be my 25,000th post here at TLP! Woo-hoo!!!

2. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

3. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

"I kissed the frog

Last edited: Oct 2, 2020
  4. Lily Rose

Lily Rose New Member

1. I have a mild case of OCD when stocking my food cupboard.
    2. I have a hidden talent. I can move each eye individually.
    3. I have the tv on in the background when I am doing everything except reading.

5. rlucasmn

rlucasmn Headed to Craigh na Dun... and beyond

3 things you may not know about me:

1. I am an adult orphan. I lost my mom to complications from MS (she was 72) and my dad to lung/brain cancer (he was 84).
    2. After giving birth to my third child, I was diagnosed with bacterial meningitis and spent 10 days in the hospital and the rest of my maternity leave with a central line to receive IV antibiotics
    3. On 70 degrees F, sunny days with a light breeze, you'll find me working from home, on my porch, enjoying the birds singing and the squirrels chasing each other through our yard. P.S. I need MORE of these days ;-)

6. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

I am really loving this thread. I want to have full on conversations with all of you about your posts, and I feel like there is some awesome material for layouts with lots of journaling. :wub

A few about me, since I was nosy enough to read all of yours :giggle ...
    1. When I met my husband, he was 40% older than me. Now he's only 16% older. I'm catching up! :lol
    2. I haven't changed my avatar photo since I opened my shop here... 8½ years ago. If/when I ever do, I will have aged dramatically! :eek: :P
    3. I have one cousin who has all of the same grandparents as me. His parents are my mom's sister and my dad's brother. (And in answer to the reaction I usually get when I tell people, no, that's not illegal! :lmao)

Last edited: Oct 3, 2020
  7. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

I love Daim chocolate
    I hate curry
    I am indifferent to drama queens,and "self centred " individuals..

amandac and esahin like this.
  8. esahin

esahin Elif Sahin

Such a fun thread! Loved reading all about you guys :beat
    Here's my 3;
    1. I don't drink. And I never have in my life. It just doesn't pique my interest and one of my friends is really curious about why :giggle
    2. I love Japanese anime. It all started with Avatar the Last Air Bender. I watched Death Note, Attack on Titan, FMA Brotherhood, Naruto, Haikyuu, Kimetsu no Yaiba, Your Lie in April, Made in Abyss, Fate, Tokyo Ghoul and lots more that I can't recall their name. I was watching them in Eng. dub. But when I started watching with Japanese dub. it made more sense and their voice acting is more fun! I learned a few Japanese words and phrases this way. A little bit nerdy I know! I blame my boyfriend for it :) And I ugly cried while watching some of them. So much emotional stuff!
    3. I get weird looks and shock expressions every time when I tell my age to people. It just doesn't make sense to them because I look way way waay younger than my actual age. And I don't do much make up so... If you follow me on Instagram, maybe you know what I'm talking about :lol. It's a blessing and a curse I might say!

Last edited: Oct 3, 2020
    rlucasmn, KimJ and amandac like this.
  9. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

@esahin - I don’t drink either and like you it’s never really interested me

esahin and amandac like this.
  10. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

I am LOVING reading about you all! This is a great thread!

Bart thinks so too!
    [​IMG]

11. DigiGrace

DigiGrace Make mine a purple passion

12. tinkerbell1112

tinkerbell1112 Offical Ambassador of the Magic Kingdom

I'm not as tall as you, but I'm 5'10" and I love being tall too! My daughter is not quite tall yet and keeps saying she wants to stay where she is, but I keep telling her no. No she doesn't. It's nice being tall! The only thing I hate is finding pants. hahaha

13. tinkerbell1112

I love the animal crossing. lol. I occasionally see people playing pop up on facebook, and I'm like, what's this? haha

14. tinkerbell1112

oh my daughter would be jealous of that Diagon Alley! She keeps dropping hint and hint after hint and I keep dropping hint after hint after hint she has no more room for any more legos (it's not the price that's stopping me from getting it for her for Christmas, it's literally no more room! LOL)

I too hate grocery shopping. my DH did the shopping the first 4 months of covid. he has since stopped and I'm kind of sad :( LOL

15. tinkerbell1112

I'm really not sure I know what kind of new math that it you're doing there. but I'm sure my kids might. I lost them at 5th grade math. LOL

as a genealogy addict I'm intrigued by your #3 and will need to draw it out on a tree or my brain might pop. haha.

KimJ likes this.
  16. meagan43

meagan43 Um, did you know that you're wrong?

3 Things that you might not know about me
    1 - I have met over 100 authors
    2 - I love to plan parties, but actually have a hard time just talking to people at a party.
    3 - I have a skeleton family who live with me and they have their own social media

17. elwaechter

elwaechter Dances with Fairies

So fun to get to know you all . . . but I'll never keep track of it!
    Three things you might not know about me (well, since I don't spend a lot of time in the forums, there's probably a lot more!):
    1. I hate talking on the telephone. Yes, I am female and (mostly) normal. I just prefer face-to-face conversation.
    2. I once had a quilt of my own design hanging in an American Quilters Society show. No prizes, but just being accepted was a big thrill.
    3. I'm a huge fan of hard rock and 1980's "hair" bands. Not too unusual until you consider I'm way past 70!

18. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I'd LOVE to see your skeleton family! I love them, too!

19. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Yes, that's why I love the Pad Patter and other questions like this posted in the forum. I have made pages based on them! :love

KimJ likes this.
  20. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

3 things you might not know about me:

I'm a T-shirt addict and love unique T-shirts.
    I have a collection of Teddy bears and other toys. My hubby added a life sized owl to my collection last Christmas.
    I got the highest scores that they gave awards to for my typing speed and transcription of shorthand - 120 WPM. I actually practiced at 180, but that didn't count. (This was back in the Dark Ages - knowing shorthand hasn't done much for my life skills :lol:lol:lol)

KimJ likes this.