***CLOSED*** WINNER ANNOUNCED***GTKY: 3 things you might not know about me | DSD 2020

Discussion in 'DSD 2020 Party Pad' started by amandac, Oct 1, 2020.

1. Event Horizon

Event Horizon Active Member

I guess this is easy since no one knows anything about me yet :lol
    1. I have lost almost 20 kilos in the past year.
    2. I love most kinds of word and number puzzles, but don't like jigsaw puzzles.
    3. I am not-very-successfully attempting to teach myself to play the guitar.

jk703, SeattleSheri and KimJ like this.
  2. garrynkim

garrynkim I'm not messy, I'm just really creative!

1. I love going to movies. My whole family has the AMC pass and in 2019, we went to 75 movies. This pandemic as put a cramp in our family entertainment.
    2. I grew up hunting and fishing. I'm an outdoor girl and my favorite past time is driving in the mountains looking for deer and elk. Unfortunatly, I live in Vegas, and so I only get to do this when I go "home" to my parents in Oregon in the summer.
    3. I play Dungeons and Dragons every other weekend with friends.

KimJ likes this.
  3. fruitysuet

fruitysuet Well-Known Member

I am an only child. I always wanted a sister (or brother).
    I began scrapbooking (paper) in 2004 after finding a scrapbook class whilst shopping for cross stitch supplies.
    I live about 3 miles from where I was born.

KimJ likes this.
  4. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Hmmmm..... I feel like I've already said anything interesting about me. :giggle

• I used to be a Stampin' Up! demonstrator... then found digi, and with a new infant, never looked back. It's been about 16 years now.
    • I wanted to travel around the world on a cruise ship and visit ALL THE PLACES... but now, I'm not so sure. :giggle
    • I have become a Yes person. I used to hide, stay home and be a homebody. My children have changed me, and I'm all for going and doing. In Lake George recently, I jumped off a cliff - it was smaller, but I was really scared, but still jumped anyway. It also gave me insight on my kids amazing courage to jump when scared - they did bigger cliff jumps than me!

SeattleSheri, KimJ and jesskab like this.
  5. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

Rach, apart from the TV thing, we are kinda alike.....
    I was a vegan in my late teens (long story) then I had to go for meat again (long story too, was born paralyzed, didn't walk till aged 5 and, though I had a pretty normal life till 2003....some things arose from all that) but was never too keen on red meat. Then my daughter aged 11 decided she wanted to be a vegetarian, but we would eat fish (we spent a lot of time in Brazil's coast) in 2017 I almost died and my doctor said both of us needed to start eating at least white meat, very occasionally have red meat....

Now, imagine a tropical girl, who grew up mostly without proper winter, apart than a few years in Argentina.....moving to LOndon.... I am ALWAYS cold!!!!
    I have to say though, this year we had to buy a fan...the summer was suffocating and I couldn't leave the house,,,(lock own!)

rach3975 likes this.
  6. zakirahzakaria

zakirahzakaria Making to-do lists CHECK. Checking to-do lists...

1. I come from a small village called Kampung Gong Kepas in Terengganu, Malaysia. I've always been a village girl, but 14 years ago, my family and I moved to the city. Life is really different here, and I miss the much simpler and quieter village life. Not much of my village life got documented in my scrapbooks so far, and I hope to document it more in the future.

2. I'm a married woman now! Hehe. Back when I first started doing this hobby, I was still single so my scrapbooks are filled with photos of my nephews and nieces. Now that I'm married, I still want to scrap about them, but I will also start to focus more on my own little family (our first baby is in my tummy now :) ).

3. I love buying products that are sold by people that I know (eg friends, family, neighbours). I don't know why, but I tend to love it more when I buy from them. For example, recently my best friend from high school started selling chocolate cakes, and I love the taste so much more compared to the store-bought ones.

KimJ likes this.
  7. mywisecrafts

mywisecrafts Pollywog

1. I am adopted.
    2. I love using power tools and I am the one who fixes and puts things together in my house.
    3. My education falls into 3 different industries: business, MIS & Nursing

Lily Rose and KimJ like this.
  8. Jazz2000

Jazz2000 Active Member

I love reading all these. It would be awesome if this discussion could stay permanently.

grrfluudy likes this.
  9. Claire Grantham

Claire Grantham Pollywog

KimJ likes this.
  10. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

@Claire Grantham How funny, and what a great story! LOL If I'm remembering correctly, my mom's sister set her up on a blind date with my dad, but it's been ages ago that she told me so I could have it wrong. :P

Last edited: Oct 8, 2020
    umyesh likes this.
  11. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

******* ETA Winner drawn********
    Thanks everyone for playing along! I hope you had fun!
    The random number generator helped me pick ........ Post #21 - michelepixels

Congratulations!

michelepixels, chastml and umyesh like this.
  12. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

Congratulations Michele!

michelepixels likes this.
  13. DigiGrace

DigiGrace Make mine a purple passion

Congrats to Michele!

14. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

15. rach3975

rach3975 Well-Known Member

Congrats, Michele!