***CLOSED*** WINNER ANNOUNCED***GTKY: 3 things you might not know about me | DSD 2020

Discussion in 'DSD 2020 Party Pad' started by amandac, Oct 1, 2020.

1. meagan43

meagan43 Um, did you know that you're wrong?

Honestly, I have not been as great "keeping up" with them trying to help kids distance learn and still work, but here is their Facebook page:
    https://www.facebook.com/KeepingUpWithTheBonesesCA
    I have plans for them to have their own greeting cards and calendars some day.

QuiltyMom likes this.
  2. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I totally need to come back and read these all!
    [​IMG]

3. honeyandcheese

honeyandcheese Digging the island vibe

4. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Ohhhhh, thanks so much!! I just liked your page - I LOVE it!!

5. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

I think I too have shared a bunch of my 'things you might not know'

1. My xh once said I should work for him because I had a specific talent he needed in his work. Had he said with I would have become a PhotoAnalyst decades ago.
    2. While I adore chocolate (sadly) I don't care for Godiva at all.
    3. I too am a recovering alcoholic and got sober when my xh was divorcing me 34 years ago. Good decision for both of us!

KimJ likes this.
  6. SeattleSheri

SeattleSheri Movers, cleaners, great hair. I'm a socialite!

You have me curious! What are polaroid glasses?

7. SeattleSheri

I'm a pretty open book, so I'm not sure anything I share will be super new info.

1. I was an only child for 44 years! ... but found my half siblings (4) and relatives through 23&Me and Ancestry DNA.

2. After 10 years of working on my husband for a 3rd kid, I had my youngest at 43 (he's 3 now). I hate it when people ask me if he was an "accident." (please never ask that to someone, it's horrible - I guarantee you if someone wants you to know that detail, they'll offer it, no need to ask) I'm especially sensitive about it because I went through 2 rounds of IVF before being told there was nothing that could be done ... and bam my next cycle I conceived the good old fashioned way ... guess it was meant to be :heartlub ... but yeah, very planned. It's also horrible to be told I must be so sad I hard a third boy. I was beyond thrilled to be blessed with my third child - I was unconcerned about gender.

3. Since the onset of COVID19, I have not been in a grocery store.

michelepixels and KimJ like this.
  8. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

@SeattleSheri
    They allow my eyes to feel relaxed instead of squinting that there is too much light coming in, too bright.

Polarized lenses have a special chemical applied to them to filter light. The chemical's molecules are lined up specifically to block some of the light from passing through the lens. Think of it like a miniblind hanging in front of a window. Only light that passes through the blind's openings can be seen.

jk703 and QuiltyMom like this.
  9. SeattleSheri

Gotcha! Your post says "polaroid" .... sounds like it was a typo/autocorrect :) I have several pairs of polarized glasses myself. I definitely prefer them over traditional sunglasses.

10. janedee

janedee Is a craft project ever really finished?

1. I love to read but don’t like audio books. They put me to sleep.
    2. I love to play Forge of Empires on my iPad.
    3. I love to travel and have visited over 50 countries so far.

KimJ likes this.
  11. Jazz2000

Jazz2000 Active Member

@ ESahin - I love Avatar-The Last Airbender! I started watching it with my kids, and like you, started watching other anime. ;)

and like others, a StarTrekkie!

Can't remember if I posted this before:

1. I was pregnant every year from 1996-2006. I only have 4 children that lived - it's how I found out that I have a blood clotting disorder.

2. I am part owner of a Subway restaurant.

3. I have Fibromyalgia and depression. Like another scrapper, when I have a depressive episode, I stop scrapping altogether. Very bad habit. FM has sapped all my energy. I used to have tons of energy and used to do so much, driving my 4 kids around to 4 different schools, homemade baby food, canning, making a week's worth of meals in 1 day. Now, just grocery shopping wears me out (and causes physical pain). My daily decision is grocery shopping or cooking. I cannot shop and then cook dinner in the same day. I really struggle with this and it's so hard when I remember how I used to be.

KimJ likes this.
  12. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

1. I just watched all of the Harry Potter movies for the first time, back to back. I had only seen a couple of them and had caught bits and pieces of others over the years if it was on tv. Now I need to rewatch them so I can catch all the nuances. I'm terribly literal and need to know what happens before I can relax and enjoy anything. Yes, that includes sometimes reading the last chapter of a book after a few chapters in! Maybe I should read the HP books, too.

2. I've recently gained an interest (obsession?) in late 18th and early 19th century clothing, and I'm in the process of creating my own garments. I'm thinking about doing some reenacting after things aren't so crazy. I've a stack of clothing projects to sew - all to be made by hand. Yet I'm being delayed by my other obsessions of needle felting and knitting. No, I haven't met a natural fiber that I haven't loved!!!

3. I really detest playing games other than Mouse Trap, Candyland, Chutes and Ladders, or Phase 10 - all games of chance. Seriously. I'd rather get a root canal than sitting around trying to best an opponent and try to remember how the game is played. Ironically, my husband is a strategy gamer and hasn't met a game he doesn't like. He'll literally spend months playing the same game with friends. I simply don't get it.

KimJ likes this.
  13. Jazz2000

Jazz2000 Active Member

Part of the "newest math" means working linear/horizontal instead of vertical. For example, division by using fractions instead of long division. I was helping my oldest son for his 5th grade math and had him solve the problem by long division. He got 1/2 point off bc he solved the problem in the wrong format! Even though the answer was correct. And he has never let me forget it and refuses any help me from then on. ugh.

I tell my kids to remember this, b/c when they have kids, there will be a different version of "New Math" and they won't know what to do, like my parents, and now like me.

jk703, tinkerbell1112 and KimJ like this.
  14. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

I have to wear them whenever I go outside. Early onset cataracts are hereditary in my family, and I'm trying to keep mine in check. Hopefully I won't have to have the surgery for another few years!

15. michele hillam

michele hillam Loading up the bookmobile

I love your skeleton family! I guess I have some catching up to do...I only have one that we dress up for birthdays. I am trying to teach him piano but he can't reach the peddles.

16. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

Three Things You Don't Know About Me:

#1. I'm Afraid Of Heights...
    #2. I'm A Star Trek Nerd!...TNG! & Picard All The Way!...But I LOVE! All Star Trek!...Especially LOVE! The NEW! "Discovery" Installment Of The Star Trek Series!...
    #3. I Could Eat Popcorn For Breakfast/Lunch & Dinner!...[But I Don't!...Just Saying!...]...

KimJ likes this.
  17. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

I am really loving reading all about you all! Sending those struggling MASSIVE hugs from me and Bart

[​IMG]

18. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

19. Sharon-Dewi

Sharon-Dewi Well-Known Member

1. I listen to Disney music everyday. It makes me happy.
    2. I drink tea every day, all day and follow the seasons with the flavors. Right now I'm drinking a tea flavor called "Autumn Storm".
    3. I'm a teacher at a technical university, but I haven't been to the university since the beginning of March to teach. It's been a 100% digital for the past 7 months. So strange!

KimJ likes this.
  20. 3BluEyedBabies

3BluEyedBabies Falling for pumpkin ...

1. My husband and my son got me hooked on the show Chicago PD, so now I am slowly watching the show from the very beginning.
    2. I love doing anything crafty. My current project is taking an old chandelier I found at a yard sale, and spray painting it black and adding fake candles for a spooky Halloween decoration.
    3. Someday I hope to live near an ocean or a lake.

KimJ likes this.