LOD 2020 - March 11 - Fiddle-Dee-Dee Designs

Discussion in '2020 LOD' started by bellbird, Mar 11, 2020.

1. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

LOVE Our Designers - March 11
    :heartlub Fiddle-Dee-Dee Designs Is Our Daily Crush! :heartlub
    SALE of at least 50% Off plus Buy More, Save More Discounts:

LOVEOURDESIGNERS_AD_2020.jpg
    A Bit About: Fiddle-Dee-Dee Designs
    Newsletter: http://eepurl.com/pJbZv
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FiddleDeeDeeDesigns
    Facebook Friends and Fans Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/FiddleDeeDeeFans/
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/fiddledeedeedzn
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fiddledeedeedesigns/ use the hashtag #fiddledeedeedesigns
    Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/FiddleDeeDeePin/
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/FiddleDeeDeeDesigns/videos
    YouTube Watch Cheryl Scrap: https://www.youtube.com/c/WatchCherylScrap
    TLP username: gonewiththewind

0311.jpg

Besides the standard gallery requirements, there aren't any crazy rules to follow beyond simply scrapping with our featured designer for the day!!
    Today we are dressing up our layouts with style, with FiddleDeeDee Designs!​

* In case you've been living under a rock or just don't know the wonderful Cheryl of FiddleDeeDee Designs, I asked her to tell us a little about herself & how she got into digital scrapbooking & template design, as well as a few other questions.
    "Hey y'all! My name is Cheryl. I live in Northwest Florida on the Gulf Coast. My husband is Jay and we have two children, Olivia and Daniel. This is all of us together :
    [​IMG]
    I started paper scrapbooking in 1996 when I was pregnant with my daughter Olivia. I ended up switching to digital scrapbooking after I read a tutorial about doing a circular photo collage in PSE. I ordered PSE, followed the tutorial and was hooked. The tutorial ended up leading me to some digital scrapbooking websites that I started exploring. I started making digital layouts in August 2007. I started converting my layouts to templates and opened my first store in February 2010. I've been at The Lilypad since 2015 and I absolutely love it!"

* So I'm sure you get asked this a lot, but remind me again - why are you known as gonewiththewind and FiddleDeeDee Designs?
    All around, from personal scrapping to digital designing, I’m all about Scarlett and Gone With The Wind! Here is a page I made that explains all about it! Just click on it to be taken to the gallery and see the whole story!
    [​IMG]

*I always love your pages & seeing you move things around and your start to finish process in your Watch Cheryl Scrap youtube videos. Do all of your templates start out as your own layouts?
    Most of them do, but not all of them! Sometimes I get requests from customers or friends or CT members and I try to fulfill them.

*You are so skilled at clustering but it's so great that you have dressed up and dressed down packs for each of your templates. Do you usually make the Dressed Up version first and cringe a bit as you pull stuff off for the Dressed Down version?! (Or maybe it varies and sometimes you make the Dressed Down version first?)
    I always make the Dressed Up version first. And you are so right! I cringe as I pull off piece after piece. Sometimes I'm more brutal than at other times. It really depends on whether I feel pulling too much off will mess up the composition.

Well your gallery is gorgeous & always inspiring (Cheryl's gallery is here! It's total eye-candy!).
    Thanks Cheryl!

If you know me, you already know I'm quite a template addict. A blank canvas in Photoshop is just too daunting and scary to me. Templates give me confidence and a place to start and I have been using FDD templates for years. I struggle to cluster more than 3 things together without her element guides! The shadows are awesome as well and from 1 photo to multi-photo, I'm always amazed at how many unique designs and arrangements Cheryl can come up with!

Here's a new page I made for today using one of the Label Everything {Dressed Down} templates . Sometimes the elements and colours on the template are pretty much perfect so for that peachy pink layered flower on the right, I just clipped a glittery paper to it with a blend mode to give it an icy texture & recoloured a few labels - too easy really!
    [​IMG]
    Here's a few other pages I've made with Cheryl's templates recently:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Oh and you really have to make sure you check out Cheryl's Monthly Designer Challenge too.
    Her Facebook fan group votes for which layouts they want to see turned into freebies. How cool is that!
    (Not part of that group yet? Check it out here https://www.facebook.com/groups/FiddleDeeDeeFans/learning_content/)
    This is the layout that inspired this month's freebie template
    [​IMG]
    And this is the current freebie template for March 2020!
    Fiddle-Dee-Dee Monthly Website Challenge | March 2020
    fdd_FiddlesticksNumber63_pvw.jpg

I love playing along with these! In addition to getting a free template on a monthly basis, you also have a chance to win a $10 coupon if you scrap with the template and share your layout! Woot!
    My page for the March challenge is in that thread already! So what are you waiting for?!

Now it's your turn...
    Scrap a page using a FiddleDeeDee Designs template.
    Meet the gallery guidelines of 50% TLP product
    Post in FiddleDeeDee Designs gallery and share your page in this thread.

Be sure to check out our LOVE Our Designers event daily since you never know WHO is going to be featured when! And who knows, the designer(s) may pop in here and there with special surprises and interactions while we are scrapping!!!

Last edited: Mar 11, 2020
  2. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

OMG, OMG a 50% off sale is bad bad news for me especially one that involves @gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind, Dalis and bellbird like this.
  3. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

(It's like her whole store is on SOSN!)

gonewiththewind and Dalis like this.
  4. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

With not being able to spend money in the store I used a template I already owned.
    [​IMG]

5. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

I did not realise it was such a great sale so I went into the store and bought a set of Templates.

6. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Wow! What a great sale! Posting this one for now, using her March website challenge template, rotated:

[​IMG]

7. LynnZant

LynnZant Well-Known Member

Love Cheryl's templates!
    [​IMG]

gonewiththewind and bellbird like this.
  8. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Templates to me are such a versatile investment, because with all the rotation & flipping, both vertical & horizontal, possibilities, there's sooo much more than 4 layout designs per pack... & yep, it's a heck of a sale!!

A-M and gonewiththewind like this.
  9. LilachOren

LilachOren Well-Known Member

LOVE this amazing women and super creative template maker!!! I'm so lucky to be a part of Cheryl's CT
    and this is the most amazing sale!!!!! :bk

[​IMG]

10. Dady

Dady Well-Known Member

I Love Cheryl's templates!

[​IMG]

bellbird, wvsandy, flowersgal and 2 others like this.
  11. mmbstaley

mmbstaley Well-Known Member

I did this page a couple of days ago. Love Cheryl's templates for when I need some cluster-y goodness, and watching her scrap is great too as I always learn some new tip or trick.
    [​IMG]

bellbird and gonewiththewind like this.
  12. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Going to have to sleep on my decision as to what to buy.....definitely can’t buy all 38 packs as much as I’d love to, probably going to have to stick to around 5

13. EllenT

EllenT I live for that hourglass ...

14. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I just picked up two packs of Cheryl's templates! I'm an admitted template addict! Haha I'll be back with a layout later.

15. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

I ❤️ Cheryl’s beautiful templates. They make scrapping a breeze.

16. Trish

Trish Well-Known Member

I am so honored to be part of her CT and so glad to celebrate her today! Using a template that is SOSN CONFETTI WISHES DU
    [​IMG]

17. AmandaJ

AmandaJ Adagio, or Allegro? I can't decide.

Cheryl's Templates make me feel like a cluster queen! LOL!
    [​IMG]

18. Susan - s3js

Susan - s3js Well-Known Member

Yeah, the do don't they? I struggle with graceful clusters, too. Cheryl makes it so easy. Gotta go play!

19. flowersgal

flowersgal I have big ears and wide arms

[​IMG]

This is a companion page to the layout I did for Fiddle Dee Dee's March challenge:
    [​IMG]

bellbird, gonewiththewind and wvsandy like this.
  20. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

I love Cheryl's templates (especially the new shadows!) and Watch Cheryl Scrap! I'm going to have to get her confetti templates today because confetti is the best! Thanks for the amazing sale!
    [​IMG]