gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind - January 17: Username (Journaling)

gonewiththewind - January 17: Username (Journaling)
gonewiththewind, Feb 2, 2018
Description:
Year In Review 2014 - MEGA Collection Collab by Just Jaimee and Mommyish
https://the-lilypad.com/store/Year-in-Review-2014-MEGA-Collection-Collab.html
Real Life In Pockets Bad Mom Collection by Just Jaimee and Mommyish
https://the-lilypad.com/store/Real-Life-In-Pockets-Bad-Mom-Collection.html
DYD 2017 Christmas Shimmer Stamps by Just Jaimee
https://the-lilypad.com/store/DYD-2017-Christmas-Shimmer-Stamps.html
Real Life In Pockets iCaptured Collab by Just Jaimee and Mommyish
https://the-lilypad.com/store/Real-Life-in-Pockets-iCaptured-Collab.html
My Digi Obsession by Just Jaimee, an exclusive subscriber freebie
Storyteller 2017 February - The Collection by Just Jaimee
https://the-lilypad.com/store/Storyteller-2017-February-The-Collection.html
Fonts are Always In My Heart and Stamp

Photo of Scarlett O'Hara is from a visit to the Gone With The Wind Museum in Atlanta, GA. It was a painting that was placed on a lobby card.

Journaling:
My user name comes from the Pulitzer prize winning novel and highest grossing film of all time, Gone With The Wind. I was first introduced to the movie in 1976 when it aired for the first time on public television. I was six years old. From that very first moment, I longed to be Scarlett. I didn't read the novel until I was thirteen in eighth grade in 1983. I borrowed my mother's copy of the novel, printed in 1966, and never returned it! To this day, it is on display in my home, along with some earlier editions. I can't say what so enthralled me as a six year old, but story, and Scarlett herself, have never released their hold on me. I try to read the novel at least once every couple of years, and I watch the best parts of the movie at least once a year. So in my dreams, I'm Scarlett O'Hara, and I initially thought that Scarlett would be an awesome user name. After I kept pondering it, though, I realized that fellow scrappers would think my real name was Scarlett.To avoid confusion, I chose the name of the novel, all lowercase with no spaces, as my user name. A few times I’ve had to resort to different versions of my user name, but in digi land, you’ll almost always find me as gonewiththewind. When I started designing templates in 2010, I chose the name Fiddle-Dee-Dee Designs. Scarlett says the phrase “fiddle-dee-dee” quite a few times, and I thought the name would be a good match with my user name of gonewiththewind. So all around, from personal scrapping to digital designing, I’m all about Scarlett and Gone With The Wind!
chastml likes this.
    • Serena
      Ooooh! I loooove this story!!! You're was another of the names I was dying to know about! Isn't it funny how things that happen when we're 6-8 really stand out? I was 6 when I saw Sho-Gun and wanted to be an interpreter ever since! This is sooo lovely as YOU are yourself, Scarlette would be honored to have such an amazing woman associated with her! I like your layers down the side and that shot of Miss O'Hara is DIVINE!!
    • bbymks5
      I love your journaling! It's been a hot minute since I've seen this movie, but will have to watch it now just to hear her say fiddle-dee-dee LOL! Your layout is beautiful!
    • bestcee
      I love that you wanted to be Scarlett since you were 6! The title work is fabulous! Thanks for sharing both your user and designer name!
    • Sunberry2
      I love reading how you picked your username. I also love the movie and book from when I was a teen, I own a couple copies of the movie and my book is definitely worn from the times I've read and re-read it!
    • gonewiththewind
      @Sunberry2 Woo-Hoo! Another reason to love you! LOL
      Sunberry2 likes this.
    • Ferdy
      love to know the story!! I love the movie and I remember of reading the novel when I was a teen too...Scarlett is such a strong woman, I understand why the 6 yo you loved here!
    • flowersgal
      What a fun story. I, too, have always loved Gone With the Wind. I think Scarlett must have been the first "independent" woman I met in a novel. Despite her flaws, she is memorable. Great layout with the picture.
    • gonewiththewind
      @flowersgal I love her because of the mixture of flaws and perfection. :bk
    • crazsquaw
      I love this!! Thanks for the explanation of your user name...I also LOVE GWTW!! I read the book when I was in 6th grade, my mother's hardback, and I still have it today. After I read the novel, I knew that I would name my first daughter after Ashleigh (except that I spelled it Ashley).
      Gorgeous page too, btw ;)
    • gonewiththewind
      @crazsquaw My mother still giggles about my theft of her book. Ha! Well, Scarlett makes you do crazy things. LOL
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Just Jaimee
    Uploaded By:
    gonewiththewind
    Date:
    Feb 2, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    249.3 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).