QuiltyMom

Mom

Mom
QuiltyMom, Jan 11, 2018
Description:
Advice for my Younger Self, She's Our Superhero, Summer Staycation, Now & Then, Our Legacy by Little Butterfly Wings
M3 April 17 Collab template by Dawn Inskip

This day would be the hardest day of my life, but I didn't know it yet. It was the day that Mom would go to be with Jesus. We knew her time was short and I wanted to begin getting her belongings in order, so I arrived in the morning after breakfast. She was already sedated, the ladies and hospice care people taking such good care of her. She was in good hands. I sorted through the items in her room, but after a while I just sat there, holding her hand as she slept, just wanting her to know I was there. Little did I know that would be the last time I would see her. When I think upon that day I wish I would've done some things different, such as read the letter she received from Mrs. Finch, no matter how choked up I got when I tried to read it aloud. I would've had stayed back and not gone to the Observatory with the family, instead to spend the time just talking with her, letting her know just how much she meant to me and of how thankful I was to have her for my mom. I know she knew it already, but I somehow couldn't say it enough. She passed away that evening in her sleep, finally being in Heaven where she so desired to be. I didn't fully comprehend just how much my heart would break knowing that the woman who had been the foundation of my life would be gone, that I wouldn't be able to talk with her whenever I wanted, to ask her advice or for her to tell me about her life, or to just give her a hug. Nor did I fully understand how my sisters and I would now be the "old guard", with the future generations now looking to us as we did to she and dad. I'm not ready for that adulting yet. I had two amazing parents for Godly examples, who I miss so much, and would give anything just to have one more day to spend in their presence.
karen Barlow likes this.
    • ashleywb
      Wow, this brought tears to my eyes. So sorry for your loss. This is a beautiful tribute to her though.
      QuiltyMom likes this.
    • HeatherB
      So sorry for your loss. Your storytelling is so heartfelt and such a beautiful tribute to her. Lovely page. Thanks for playing along with my challenge!
      QuiltyMom likes this.
    • LoveItScrapIt
      This is a powerful testimony to her life. Beautiful layout as well.
      QuiltyMom likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 6
    Uploaded By:
    QuiltyMom
    Date:
    Jan 11, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    240.1 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).