fruitysuet

MOC Day 23 - Interview - Welcome To Our Home

MOC Day 23 - Interview - Welcome To Our Home
fruitysuet, Feb 2, 2021
Description:
Cottage Chic by ForeverJoy Designs
Template Set 192 by Cindy Schneider

Can you remember when you first came to us? It seems so long ago now. I’m not sure, but I can remember it was cold and wet. I can’t remember when, either. The first photos I can find were November 2015, but you were on my bed which wouldn’t have happened for some weeks after you first appeared. Where did you come from? Everything before being here with you is all so fuzzy. I don’t think you were a feral cat because, although you were really wary, scared and a bit nasty when I tried to pick you up, you did eventually become more comfortable with us. I think maybe your owners moved and either left you behind or you got lost. How did you feel to start with made you want to stay? I’d seen other cats coming and going. I found the cat flap and then the food. Lots of food. Honestly, my need for food overcame everything else. I was really not up for being around anyone for a while. Over time, I was willing to come in and eat whilst you were in the room and then you would come closer and closer, talking to me. I just became used to you and could see you didn’t want to hurt me, so I got more confident as time went on. I remember being conflicted about looking after you. Both Jax and Domino had got run over and I always wondered what possessed them to go over the road when we have fields all around. I thought maybe they had come across you and were chasing you away. You were pretty thin and pathetic looking though so there was no way I could ignore you. Oh, and if I was going to the trouble of feeding you, I was pretty determined to get you to want to spend time with us. Gaining your trust was a challenge I wasn’t aiming to give up on! How did you get on with Maisie? She wasn’t very happy at having me come into her house, so I kept out of her way as much as possible. I figured out she preferred being downstairs, so I stayed upstairs. We now tolerate each other; we don’t fight (except if we get bored and we might have a little bit of a skirmish now and again). What I do like about Maisie is that she never finishes her food so I always get her leftovers. Apart from when it’s chicken, then she is the one that pushes in on my plate! I think Maisie was still missing her brothers. She didn’t understand why they weren’t around anymore. I noticed you would avoid being downstairs and figured that was why. At least now you can be near each other in the same room so that’s something. What about the rest of us? I’m pretty chill now with you all. To start with it was only you, then Mia – well she doesn’t take no for an answer, so I gave in to her pretty early on, as I did Josh. Chiara took some breaking in. It seemed ages before she tok any notice of me. I was up for the challenge though and am pretty pleased to have cracked her! Ha, yes, Mia, she is magnetically drawn to any animal so there is no way she was going to leave you alone. I like that you spend time with Josh - he probably needs your companionship more than any of us. It made me giggle that you saw Chiara as a challenge, in the same way that I saw you as a challenge. It’s really only been since last Spring (when we went into lockdown) that she’s taken to you. I do sometimes feel betrayed though when you seem to choose anyone but me to spend time with. Even so, I’ll take whatever attention you want to give.
  • There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 9
    Uploaded By:
    fruitysuet
    Date:
    Feb 2, 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    228.8 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    700px
    Height:
    700px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).