tjscraps

MOC Day 2 - Why I Scrapbook

MOC Day 2 - Why I Scrapbook
tjscraps, Jan 2, 2021
Description:
Page Turner Collection - Micheline Lincoln Designs
Template - Plant Your Story - Quoted - Sara Gleason

Journaling - 270 words:
I started Scrapbooking when I was in University and helped create the yearbook for the Residence at the Faculté st. Jean. Back in that day (late 90’s, early 2000’s) you used funky scissors and cut photos in fun shapes and glued them to paper with a few embellishments and told the story. I continued to paper scrapbook until 2005, when I received a digital scrapbooking program for Christmas and tried it out. I never looked back, I loved Digital Scrapbooking and how the ‘mess’ of it was contained to my hard drive. My early Digi days consisted of me scanning paper to use, then scanning photos and really no embellishments, but I loved telling the stories the same. I’ve always loved Photography (maybe it’s because I have such a bad memory and the photos help me recall my memories?). Fast forward 16 years and I’m still digital scrapbooking, and have been published many times in different scrapbooking magazines. I have been on all sorts of creative teams, from stores to template designers to kit designers and more, it has become my creative release and my ‘me’ time. I love picking a kit and telling the stories of our ordinary life to share with family and friends, and for my Creative Teams. But the Number One reason I now scrapbook is so that my girls have something to look back on for their memories, and record my thoughts to them. I annoy them by taking a million pictures, and I love telling their stories for us to remember later on, when memories are foggy but the laughs at them are still real.
Dalis and Annsofie like this.
    • HeatherB
      I loved reading your journaling. I like that - memories are foggy but the laughs are still real. I like how you blocked the journaling and I really like the journaling between the pieces of patterned paper. Great page! Thanks for playing along with my challenge!
      tjscraps likes this.
    • Dalis
      Oh Trina, this reminds me of all the THICKERS I had and still have somewhere in the house when I paper scrapped! Love your use of Micheline's kit!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Member Galleries
    Uploaded By:
    tjscraps
    Date:
    Jan 2, 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    227.1 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    700px
    Height:
    700px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).