scrumptious

How To Be a Girl | MOC Day 25 Art Doll

How To Be a Girl | MOC Day 25 Art Doll
scrumptious, Jan 26, 2018
Description:
Summer was my Vivaldi Four Seasons inspiration for this page. For me, and I think for many, summer is the hardest time to be a girl. The Vivaldi piece evokes that sense of stressful overwhelm (though I assume Antonio was not contemplating bikini waxes when he composed it…)

Thank you to ashleywb & JillW for awesome flower-head inspiration!
Alpha: Little Butterfly Wings - M3 October 2014
Doll Templates: Tangie Baxter - Art Doll Templates
Doll Face: Little Butterfly Wings - Mixed Media Monthly September 2014
Tutu Shape: Pixel Scrapper
Tutu Materials: Hoppy Birthday Collab; Mommyish - I’ve Got a Plan April 2016; Mommyish - Glitter Styles
Kraft paper: Valerie Wibbens - We Are Storytellers
Background, Torso Paper, some elements: Mixed Media Monthly August 2014
Necklace: Dawn Inskip - Hush
Flowers, Leaves, & Buttons: Amber LaBau - A New Day; Allison Pennington - Good Stuff; Capturing Fall Collab; All the Feels Collab; Makers Gonna Make Collab; We Are Storytellers Collab; Dawn Inskip - Hush; M3 January 2018; Hoppy Birthday Collab; M3 August 2014; Jump for Joy Collab; Little Butterfly Wings - A Little Peculiar; Little Butterfly Wings - As Time Goes By; Little Butterfly Wings - I am Blessed; Little Butterfly Wings - I Choose You; Little Butterfly Wings - Say What; One Little Bird - Dwell; Pink Reptile Designs - Carefree; Pink Reptile Designs - Embrace; Summer Bucket List Collab; Sahlin Studio - Sweet Storytelling; Sara Gleason - Good Things
Word Art: Allison Pennington - Makers Gonna Make; Little Butterfly Wings - A Little Peculiar; Little Butterfly Wings - I Choose You; Little Butterfly Wings - I Choose You; Mommyish - Year in Review; All the Feels Collab
Mommyish Styles: Furry Styles, Thicker Styles, Glitter Styles, Shadow Styles
Font: Rosewood
    • Saar
      Oh wow, wow, wow, this turned out beautifully. You did such an amazing job with your doll. Love all the flowers. What a beautiful take on the challenge.
    • Mylinn
      Flat love everything about this!!
    • MrsPeel
      wow wow wow indeed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think I mentioned already that when I see you, the Chitty Chitty Bang Bang Truly Scrumptious song comes to my mind...which is a happy, delightful sing to have in mind, now I see this???!!!??? even happier the association!!!!!!!! this is superb!!!!!!! Love the amazing work and detail, the gorgeous elements to be discovered and then the page gains with each discovery....! Love that you explained some of your thought in the forum, because then it also makes us participant on how the page came to be...and you have also gave me the realization of my thinking (all my life!) who the summer didn't sound like summer, and spring didn't sound like spring...but the Fall piece sounded more like Spring to me.... I started to understand (after 25+ years in England, I am Brazilian) that not everyone is a summer lover like I am, not only understand, but my love for Fall and winter (to a lesser degree but thank God for central heating!!! LOL) started growing and now I look forward to every season...but reading your words I started thinking I have to listen to Summer again, and look at it from your perspective!!!!! LOVE your page, I know I am going to need to start another list for the Froggy Faves....this most certainly is something I want to share!!!!! Thank you so much for playing with us!!!![​IMG]

Edit to add: forgot to mention your credits!!!!!! you rock!!!!!!
    • scrumptious
      @MrsPeel Thank you! I love when you remind me about Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, my grandfather (who I made a layout about earlier this month for the Throwback challenge) taped a few different movies for me on VHS and I would watch them every time I went to visit my grandparents. Chitty Chitty Bang Bang was one of them, so it brings back very happy memories. I remember that song but not very clearly, it must be time for a rewatch! Thank you so much for the lovely feedback on my page as well! I have made more non-pocket layouts this month than in the rest of my life combined, and the fact that I have done so many *and* ended up with pages that feel special & meaningful to me, like this one (and many others throughout MOC) makes me feel like a champion!
      MrsPeel likes this.
    • MrsPeel
      hey...you ARE a champion!!!!!! I remember well the feeling of awesomeness I had in my first MOC...I wasn't a Polly, but I was on many CTs, here and some designers from other places: I asked for the month of, made a point of paying for every new kit I used, and at the end, funnily enough, I didn't think Pocket Pages were my thing, but had to make one for that MOC and fell in love with the format!!!! Here, Laura, the store owner, is such a generous lady, I know of no other place that gives every one who completes the challenges money!!! I also think we are all champions as we have learned and played and had fun together!!!
      Hope you stay for the monthly challenges, we have amazing events with iNDSD,and every hokiday or special season there are always events, smaller scale than MOC, but lots of fun and prizes too, there is always something special going on!!!! Love your pages, looking forward to seeing more (and having time to comment in more of them!)
    • MrsPeel
      scrumptious likes this.
    • dawnmarch
      Spectacular!!!!
      scrumptious likes this.
    • AnotherAmanda
      Beautiful I love all the textures from the flowers and all the bits to look over. So amazing
      scrumptious likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 6
    Uploaded By:
    scrumptious
    Date:
    Jan 26, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    294.7 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).