andastra

MOC-Day-26

MOC-Day-26
andastra, Jan 26, 2018
Description:
COLLAB: Life is an Adventure Part 2, Life is an Adventure Part 1 by Pink Reptile Designs (flower, notepaper and pocket) and Little Butterfly Wings (Butterfly)

Text:

When I was 12, my mother started working again. My younger sister and I were allowed to go to our grandparents after school. Practically we lived in the same house. We got a delicious lunch and did our homework afterwards.

Our grandparents always told us great stories from their childhood. The cities were not that crowded, there were not many cars, they had little toys and they were satisfied. The children spent the whole day in the garden, in the meadows, in the woods or on the playground. In winter, my grandmother had to run knee-deep through the snow for an hour to get to school. You can not imagine that today.

My sister and I had a nice childhood. In the summer our grandparents put a pool on their balcony and we went swimming with their foster children. Through guardianship, every few years they met new children, new cultures, new countries and languages. That was exciting! We did not need a TV, life was colorful enough. My grandparents and my parents grew a lot of fruit, vegetables and salad in the garden. That was fun, especially the harvest.

Our parents made with us many excursions and walks in nature. We visited our zoo, ran for hours in the forest to look for mushrooms or berries, watched planes at the nearby airfield. We looked at a lot of documentary about the wildlife. We traveled to some European countries by car.

My children are also very interested in their environment. There is still life without TV, computer or smartphone.

Our story takes place in about the 1940's and 80's and 90's.
Mylinn likes this.
    • *gina*
      fabulous page - love the journaling
    • Angela Toucan
      beautiful story, and a lovely page
    • Iowan
      Great memory keeping here. I agree, the kids today are missing the joys of nature. Your layout is gorgeous and a super example of the power of 3 used in balancing a page. Thanks for taking part in the heritage challenge.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 6
    Uploaded By:
    andastra
    Date:
    Jan 26, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    194.9 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).