Pachimac

Great Gramma Frances

Great Gramma Frances
Pachimac, May 5, 2021
Description:
For the Journaling Challenge in May.
Journaling:
I know it seems strange for me to write you a letter because you have been in Heaven for quite some time. Today I was reflecting on all the female role models I have had in my life, and I realized that you were so much more a part of who I am than I ever thought. While I never knew you when you were young, I have many fond memories of sitting by your wheelchair and listening to stories of the past. As I listened to those stories, I started to get a picture of who you were as a person and I was so proud that I was part of your hardy stock, as you put it. I think of all that you went through and I can't believe that you did some of the things you did. When you moved away from your family and everyone you knew to go to the woods of Canada, I could see your independent streak. When you faced down the Canadian Mounties at your door and didn't let them in your house to protect your husband, I could see your stubbornness and courage. When you gave birth to your babies in the wilderness without a doctor or anyone present, I saw your resolve. When finally it came time to leave Canada and come back to the states, I saw your love for your husband and supported him even though you didn't want to go back. When you tell me stories of the town of Wheat Basin, and the city that you and Great Grandpa founded and ran, I saw your intelligence. Being the owner/operator of the mercantile and being the Post Mistress for the town showed me you knew how to juggle life. You built a wonderful life in Wheat Basin and were ready to stay there the rest of your life when again, you were asked to move - this time to Salinas, California, where you and G-Grampa Edward started a Motor Court and you even had a pet bear! I'd love to have heard THAT conversation! Again, your devotion to your husband and your willingness to go showed me your adventuresome spirit. By the time I met you, you were over 90 years old, but inside you were still spry and growing old with grace. I asked you one day why you always had a rosary in your hand and you said, "Because everyone needs prayer!" In true Great Gramma fashion, your independence, your stubbornness, your courage, your resolve, your love and support, intelligence, and great adventuresome spirit inspires me to this day to be the best I can be, to take things in stride, and to live every day to it's fullest. I love you,

Credits:
Little Butterfly Wings:
Do Your Thing
Life is: Making Memories
Speak Up
Do it For You
M3 Mar 21 addons

Rachel Jefferies:
Do it for You Collab - butterfly and paper pieces
    • michelepixels
      How wonderful you have so many memories of your great grandmother! I also only knew my great grandmother in her 90's. Unfortunately, I didn't hear stories from her and/or I have terrible memory, so I only have a little bit of information about her.

I like the collage look of your page.
    • dotcomkari
      Yes Yes Yes!!! This is so beautiful! thank you so much for playing along with me. i hope it was helpful to look back and reflect .. and remember your grandmother!
      your layout is so beautiful and heartfelt.
    • trekmom
      What wonderful memories to share and save for future generations. This page is absolutely wonderous. Your great grandmother was an amazing woman.
    • mary kate
      What an incredible family history page, and a wonderful tribute to your great grandmother. I love the layering of vintage photos (the bear cub!) and ephemera.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Journaling Challenge
    Uploaded By:
    Pachimac
    Date:
    May 5, 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    273 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    800px
    Height:
    800px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).