dotcomkari

Amy

Amy
dotcomkari, May 2, 2021
Description:
Little Butterfly Wings and Studio Basic: May Messages To My Mom Bundle by Studio Basic and Little Butterfly Wings

Amy, You have opened up your arms to me and accepted me for the type of person I am. I count myself extremely fortunate that I happened to fall for a guy who also happened to come from a loving, welcoming family—one that I'm now blessed to call my own.
I know you wondered about me, and the kind of person I might be. You probably feared that I was some interesting piece of work; a newly divorced, with a lot of baggage, mystery woman that you’d have to grin and bear for the sake of your son.
I’ll admit I was afraid myself. I was afraid that I wouldn’t measure up, and that you’d think I wasn’t good enough for your son. Through a few months of dating I heard about you, but hearing and knowing is never the same thing. You cannot imagine the relief that washed over me after that first dinner together, after realizing you were kind, not intimidating at all. From that day forward I felt lucky in regards to our relationship, and that feeling has never stopped.
Thank you for accepting me into your family these past years. For inviting me for dinners and cards. For coming to my rescue when I needed hemming or a new button on my work pants. For gifting me with new hot mits or rice sacks for my aches. For welcoming me and my children on holidays and including me as part of the family. You will never know how much that truly means to me.
But, the most important thing in my book, is that you have allowed me to love your son. Not many mothers let a girl into their sons life very easily, but you did. We both know Eric's not perfect and has his flaws, but I promise to love him with every beat of my heart for our lives. He may not be everyone's ideal dream man, but he is truly my everything. And I thank you for raising him into the man he is today. (you did good).
There comes a moment when one realizes just how blessed they are. I am blessed in love, health, friendship, and especially family. I don’t take my family for granted, and when it comes to my family by marriage, I’m just plain grateful. I’m grateful I was welcomed by a new family as though I’d always been a member. But most importantly, I’m grateful for you, one of the kindest, most loving, and supportive individuals I’ve been lucky enough to call “my people.” It isn’t often one feels completely confident about the relationship with their mother-in-law, and I’m proud to be one of those fortunate individuals with two moms who love me unconditionally, flaws and all. I can not wait to get to know you better as the years go on, and build an even stronger mother-daughter bond with you. As I hope you know how special you are to me. I’m so extremely grateful for you, my other mother, my soon to be mother-in-law.
Happy Mother's day Amy, I love you .
valeriapiemonte likes this.
  • There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Journaling Challenge
    Uploaded By:
    dotcomkari
    Date:
    May 2, 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    255.5 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).