KittyY

The Day Sorrow & Joy danced MOC11

The Day Sorrow & Joy danced            MOC11
KittyY, Jan 22, 2018
Description:
ouch yall! Sometimes the worst of days can bring out my best writing.

I've had conflicting emotions before, but on this particular day, they were raw and vulnerable. I was on Floor 3 of the hospital celebrating the birth of my first grandchild. She was beautiful and perfect and I was so proud of her Mom, I thought my heart would burst from joy. As the day went on, I held the sweet baby and loved on her Mom. I also watched the clock in the room with dread without even realizing it. See, on Floor 1, there was a memorial service going on. It was for moms who had recently lost a baby and I was one of the unfortunate ones to receive an invitation to this event. As the clock ticked, I knew the service was going on and I felt so conflicted. Do I stay on Floor 3 to celebrate this sweet new life, or do I go to Floor 1 and say goodbye to another? So I excused myself to attend the service on Floor 1. Now, while I had certainly cried over this loss, on this particular day, I became aware about just how many tears were left inside of me. I went to the chapel and thanked God for allowing me to be her mom, even if for such a short time. I laid a flower down at the grave and I cried. A soul cleansing, raw cry. The kind where you can almost feel your heart tearing. I then went back up to Floor 3, held my sweet granddaughter and my smile returned. It was as if sorrow & joy were dancing.

Used:
Believe by ForeverJoy
https://the-lilypad.com/store/BELIEVE.html
ForeverJoy, bbymks5 and Mylinn like this.
    • Mylinn
      Thank you for sharing your pain and joy. So glad you honored all of you that day.
      KittyY likes this.
    • bbymks5
      *hugs to you* This was hard to read, very sorry for your loss. Your layout is beautiful.
      KittyY likes this.
    • HeatherB
      So sorry for your loss. Your journaling is beautifully expressed and I like the phrase that sorry and joy were dancing - it really paints the picture. Thank you for playing along with my challenge!
      KittyY likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Pollywog Team Layouts
    Uploaded By:
    KittyY
    Date:
    Jan 22, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    208.6 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).