jang

PS - SS TLp 7 11 17

PS - SS TLp 7 11 17
jang, Jul 11, 2017
Description:
Kristin AAgard - Cooking Time
Comic Sans font
SKILLET RAVIOLI LASAGNA

—1 package of store-bought fresh cheese raviloi (I use the “RANA” 4-cheese variety, but really any will do; that’s simply my definite favorite)

—1 14oz can of tomatoes (I use diced… but again, anything works; the original recipe calls for whole/peeled, and my way cuts down on the work of smashing them up)

—1 Tbsp tomato paste

—1 medium-to-large shallot*

—1 ball of fresh mozzarella cheese (recipe actually calls for about half this amount, but I use the whole ball so I don’t end up with weird portions of leftover cheese in my fridge)

—fresh basil (I use 2-3 stems’ worth; equivalent to just under one of the small plastic containers you get in the fresh herb section of your grocery)

—olive oil, salt, and pepper

INSTRUCTIONS

—Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees

—Pick the basil leaves from stems and tear leaves into bite-size pieces; divide into 2 portions

—Cut the fresh mozzarella ball into bite-sized pieces (about 1/2″ to 3/4″ cubes)

—Finely dice the shallot

—Heat about 1 Tbsp olive oil on medium-high in an oven-proof skillet; once shimmery and hot, throw in the shallot and cook until softened and fragrant (1-3 min)

—Stir in about 1 Tbsp of tomato paste and mix into the shallot/oil for about 1 min

—Add the can of tomatoes and half of the basil leaves; season with salt and pepper to taste; cook for 3-5 min, until heated through

—Add 1 cup of water and the ravioli pasta; stir to combine, and then continue cooking for about 5 min until the sauce is bubbling and pasta is softening

—Remove from heat, add half of the mozzarella pieces, and stir to combine

—Add the rest of the mozzarella pieces to the top, and then place the entire skillet (again, as long as it’s oven-proof) in oven to bake for about 8 min
    • jagruti patel
      Wonderful! Dinner turned into a layout! Looks so yummy!
    • honeyandcheese
      That looks delicious! I'm going to have to try this recipe out. I love all the "Italian restaurant colors" you used on this. So fun!
    • Karen
      Oh yummy! It looks delicious and I'm so glad that you hubby gave you wonderful compliments on your cooking. I'm totally going to make this for my family. It's right up their alley! Great page to capture this success too!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Speed Scraps
    Uploaded By:
    jang
    Date:
    Jul 11, 2017
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    174.1 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).