Pups_r_Paps

National-Milk-Day (MOC#6-11)

National-Milk-Day (MOC#6-11)
Pups_r_Paps, Jan 11, 2018
Description:
JOURNALING: “National Milk Day” commemorates the day many think the first milk deliveries in glass bottles began in the United States. Alexander Campbell of the New York Dairy Company professed that his company was the first to make these deliveries in 1878.

Although pasteurization was invented by Louis Pasteur in 1863, it wasn’t until 1892 that the first milk pasteurization equipment was installed in the United States.

Sheffield Farms is credited with installing the first pasteurization equipment at their Bloomville, New York plant.

Plastic coated paper milk cartons were introduced commercially in 1932.

The United States and Australia are the world’s largest exporters of milk and milk products.

Throughout the world, there are more than 6 billion consumers of milk and milk products.

In the Middle Ages, milk was called the “virtuous white liquor” because alcoholic beverages were more reliable than water.

Milk is processed into a variety of dairy products such as cream, butter, yogurt, kefir, ice cream and cheese.

CREDITS: Photos: Daria Yakovleva at Pixabay.com; Alan Belmer and Wendy Domeni at FreeImages.com; Kits: “Ice Cream”, Just Jaimee; “Fur Babies – Cats” and “Maggie’s Farm”, Kristin Aagard; Font: Sitka Text Bold
    • ashleywb
      Who knew! Love this and and I learned so much reading your journaling. The cows & speech bubbles at the bottom are perfect!
    • *gina*
      gorgeous page and design - love the journaling
    • KAPOH
      What a clever idea. Interesting journaling and I love the cows on the bottom!
    • Karen
      Lol at the chocolate cow! :giggle
    • HeatherB
      Love the doodled cow and the cow extractions. What an interesting event: great page! Thanks for playing along with my challenge!
    • ArmyGrl
      What???? You don't produce chocolate milk??? If it doesn't come from cows, where does it come from then? LOL...Just kidding! I love the whimsy of your LO! Brought me to giggles.
    • AnEnglishLady
      We often forget that scrapbooks are snapshots in time (they not only capture personal memories, but what the world was like at a certain moment in history- albeit from the point of view of one person /family). I love the idea of including non-personal pages like this, especially one filled with such interesting facts and a little humour. I especially like that you have recorded how important milk is right now – enough to have a National Day of Recognition, the US and Australia currently being major exporters & more than 6 billion current consumers.
      #MOC6-11 #journal-a-day
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 6
    Uploaded By:
    Pups_r_Paps
    Date:
    Jan 11, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    127.5 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    495px
    Height:
    640px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).