Description:
MOC Day 17: Username

Dawn Inskip: Artistry, The Journey, Artful Imagination
MPM: Foundation
Nancie Rowe Janitz: Brush, hearts

Journaling reads:
“whatcom, two adam five zero”
“two adam five zero, go ahead”

for fourteen years i was a police wife. every day i watched him leave, understanding the risks yet hoping for the best. he’s been scratched, punched, bitten, spit on. he’s had dislocated shoulders, torn ligaments, neck injuries, back injuries, hearing loss. he’s told fathers/children/wives that their daughter/mother/husband won’t be coming home. he’s seen and heard things that no one should see or hear happen to another person. he has images in his mind that will never go away. he’s buried a friend and co-worker. he’s formed permanent bonds with his fellow officers. he’s stood silently as strangers mocked him and called him names. he’s been faced with life or death decisions, sometimes his life, sometimes a stranger’s. sometimes he heard “thank you” but mostly he heard nothing at all. his intelligence and integrity have been questioned daily. i’ve spent sleepless nights waiting for him to come home, listening for the assurance that he’s safe for one more day. i’ve spent major holidays in the passenger seat of a patrol car. i’ve seen him slowly lose faith in humanity. spending your days surrounded by nothing but negative will do that to a person.

he’s been retired for twelve years now. i haven’t heard him say “two adam five zero, go ahead” for a long time, although i still hear it in my head. the emotions still run deep. i am overflowing with pride in the career he chose, and chose to do well, despite all of the struggles it brought. and i am eternally grateful that retirement brought him home safely. he’s still an officer in so many ways, and I’m still his wife. so while he may no longer technically be 2a50, it’s still in him, and i will forever be mrs2a50. proudly.
londoncuppa, KarenB, Chippi and 7 others like this.
    • ashleywb
      Julie! This brought tears to my eyes. I had no idea. Thank you to your husband for his service and to you for supporting him and enduring the fear and uncertainty. The page is beautiful, your clean and simple style coming through as always, but this one seems extra special.
    • Sokee
      ((Hugs)) I so understand this! ((Hugs))
      Your layout is simply beautifully created with that photo!
      mrs2a50 likes this.
    • garrynkim
      Beautiful page, beautiful story!
      mrs2a50 likes this.
    • Mylinn
      ohhh. Bless you both. Lovely page. Beautiful story, well shared.
      mrs2a50 likes this.
    • bestcee
      I'm so glad you played! I really wondered about your user name. This is beautiful, and so heartfelt. Thank you both for your service. I think it's just as hard to be the one waiting at home, as the one actively engaged.
      mrs2a50 likes this.
    • HeatherB
      I've always wondered about your username, and I scrolled through the whole challenge thread just to find your page. Your journaling is so heartfelt. Thank you for sharing your story and your husband's story. Amazing page!
      mrs2a50 likes this.
    • EHStudios
      I've always wondered your name too & I LOVE that we know now!! Your last line is just incredible & so so filled with love! Gorgeous page!!!
      mrs2a50 likes this.
    • MrsPeel
      I remember when we did the Storytelling event, and you explaining you weren't much of a journaler, and then I started seeing amazing jounaling over the years from you..... I'm not sure the words I wrote in my post quiet cover the admiration I have for you in all ways possible....I have felt each and every word. The English Literature misses on a great writer with you. The page is all over, as usual, awesome.

Congratulations!!! Your page has been featured in Today's Gallery Stand Outs!!![​IMG]
    • yellowpeep
      I've always wondered about your name too and what a powerful way of hearing the story. Everything about this page is amazing. Congratulations on the well-deserved GSO!
      mrs2a50 likes this.
    • lmccandless
      Powerfully written...the deep feelings behind it shine through very clearly from the page. The clean design just gives it that much more punch. Thank you to you and J both for your service. xx
      mrs2a50 likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 6
    Uploaded By:
    mrs2a50
    Date:
    Jan 20, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    113.4 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    680px
    Height:
    680px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).