Serena

I Collect Languages

I Collect Languages
Serena, Apr 27, 2017
Description:
My layout for the Photography Challenge found here!

Credits!

Allison Pennington -

Notebook: Patterns & Backgrounds
No Rain + No Flowers: Graphic Vellum

Just Jaimee -

Click Digital Kit - Storyteller April 2017 Add-on

Lynn Grieveson Designs -

Here and Now templates I used BOTH templates, I pulled the second photograph off of the second template and added it to the first.

Fonts: Playfair Display and Bootcamp
MrsPeel and Roxana like this.
    • amandaresende
      OMG! I LOVE Shogun!!!!!!!!!!!! great page and I love how you did the journaling!! BTW, "love" in portuguese is "amor" LOL ;)
      Serena likes this.
    • Serena
      @amandaresende Sinistro!!! Thank you very much!! Hehe!! My grandfather watched it when it came out on TV and I was in LOVE. I read the books later and fell more in love. I have the hardcopies you see there and then a paperback. I love it soooo much! And thank you for the sweet comment!
    • IntenseMagic
      What a wonderful story!! This is a fantastic page and I totally enjoyed the journaling! You are amazing! Love the split background and that fabulous title work!!
      Serena likes this.
    • Serena
      @IntenseMagic Thank you, Jan!! I have quite a few collections, but this one was near and dear to my heart. :D And thank you thank you!!! :: Hugs!!::
    • MrsPeel
      OMG to the Little Prince in Korean!!!!!!!! and, if I am not mistaken, I remember you making a comment in one of my pages when I mentioned about Nadia loving the Korean bands & food, you said you loved them too....and I thought how peculiar that was...(because Nadia is a peculiar one LOL) This is such an amazing thing to collect!!!! I think I rebelled against the languages that have sings since in my family when I was little, ALL of them wanted me to learn either Hebrew or Arabic...and I wanted none of it, none. absolutely. I wanted French and Italian, travel to Europe to see the Pieta & the David of Michelangelo, I wanted to go to the Louvre and to see the river banks, drink hot chocolate and eat croissants..... so I did. I studied French in secondary and Latin...which, yes, indeed, it has been a HUGE help to "get" other languages.... never imagined I would end up in England, but then later (like a couple of years ago) I realized how many indications of my passion for British stuff there are in my youth.... anyway, LOVE the page. Love what you chose to collect, and you HAVE to come visit so we can get you to talk to Nadia....she is going to South Korea next year on a student exchange kind of thing....she is in Uni doing Fashion Designs, so I am sure you will love the girls ... back to the page:love the pieces, the ripped effect in the hanging photo, the paints blended in the paper, the journaling is amazing (love pages that tell me your story!!!) Thank you so much for playing with us!!!![​IMG]
      Serena likes this.
    • Scrappy_dog
      Amazing journaling on your page, an amazing story and an inspirational one. I have always wanted to learn French, but every time I start another priority takes over. I'm filled with hope that 'one day' it will come together for me.
      Serena likes this.
    • Serena
      @MrsPeel I LOVE that you knew that about the book. :D And I did mention that! You said she got you hooked on some bands too so I was curious as to whom it was and wanted to see if we have any similar bands that we liked. :D Man.. I LOOOOVE Korean food, it's so delicious! Everyone said it would be SO spicy, but really it was just good, I didn't notice much spice and I'm a true WUSS!

I love when you go back and see things you didn't realize! I'm like you spiritually and we had this class where they were helping you to figure out your "spirit animal".. I (naturally) thought mine would be a mouse, it was.. an owl. You know, the things that EAT mice.. and I rallied against it the whole way home. My best friend then calmly pointed out that she could name at least 5 different owls that I had in my house.. I didn't even realize!!! I'd been collecting them and liking them and never even thought of it! Funny isn't it?

She is going to LOVE being in Korea. It literally is one of the safest places. I can't tell you how many times I saw purses sitting open and money and wallets or iPads or whatnot just SITTING around on tables while the owner was who knows where.. I never worried about being in danger, even while walking at night. The ONLY place I ever felt any sort of 'danger' at all was in Itaewon and that's because there were a lot of foreigners there and they were kinda rowdy. I walked quickly as I was by myself there until I was in a well lit place and felt better. Irony, non?
    • Serena
      @Scrappy_dog You can do it!! Tear down the "one day" wall and vow to learn one word a week. Find a word that you want to learn, find out what it is in French then write it down somewhere. Try to use that word constantly, but don't translate it in your head. So don't be all "Je suis triste" means "I am sad." FEEL the emotion and label THAT emotion (the sadness) as 'triste'. Je suis means I am and triste means sad. Repeat it as often as you can then add more words. When you're not overwhelmed, try to learn a new word or phrase more often than just once a week. I find setting REALLY wide goals takes the stress off and I can learn without being overwhelmed. Then you get 'impatient' and start adding as you can while constantly using what you have and before you know it, you can say a lot! Baby steps while still achieving your goal! (And don't worry if you start using these words in public and people look at you funny.. they'll forget. I accidentally answered a cashier once in Korean.. and I was here in Minnesota, she blinked at me and I shook my head and answered in English a little embarrassed. She probably thought I was just mumbling. LOL!!!)

I believe in you!!!
    • vickyang
      Stunning page!
      Serena likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Photography Challenge
    Uploaded By:
    Serena
    Date:
    Apr 27, 2017
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    606.7 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    800px
    Height:
    800px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).