Hello everyone! It’s Polly Karen here bringing you the monthly overview of the 7 new challenges for October.
As a reminder, based on our percentage system, you can earn three levels of coupons for the store just by participating in our monthly challenges. In addition to the coupon, if you complete all 7 challenges within the month of October, you will be entered in a drawing to win a one month guest spot on the Lilypad Creative Team! The discounts available are as follows: 2 challenges = 10% off, 4 challenges = 20% off and 6 challenges = 30% off. Now let’s take a look at the new challenges:
1. All About You Challenge – Heather (HeatherB) is hosting October’s All About You Challenge and she wants you to use this challenge as an opportunity to scrap from someone else’s point of view. Heather chose to scrap from her dog’s point of view:
2. Journaling Challenge – Amanda (MandaKay) is the host for the Journaling Challenge this month. Amnada wants your layout for this challenge to showcase journaling from someone else like a card or letter you received from someone else and then journal about it from your perspective. Here is a sample Amanda created with a poem her daughter wrote:
3. Random Challenge – The Random Challenge for October is hosted by Julie (mrs2a50) and her challenge for you is to use a close-up or macro photo on your layout. I love the cropping Julie used on her photo for her layout:
4. Template Challenge – This month’s Template Challenge is hosted by Amanda (gracielou) and the challenge for you is to use the free template provided by the fabulous Valorie Wibbens and create a layout with it. Here is the free template (click on image), followed by a sample layout made by Amanda:
5. Take Two Challenge – Heather (talktoheather) is hosting October’s Take Two Challenge. All you have to do is go through your gallery and find a page that you really like and then scrap that style/design again. Here is a page that Heather found in her gallery followed by her Take Two layout:
6. White Space Challenge – Renee (renee82) is hosting the White Space Challenge for this month. All you have to do is create a layout with at least 50% white space. Sometimes easier said than done! :) Here is a page created by Renee to get you started:
7. BYOC Challenge – Last, but certainly not least is the BYOC Challenge. October’s BYOC Challenge will be posted to the forum tomorrow, Friday, October 2nd when all the new BYOC Products for October will be released in the store. This challenge, hosted by Ashley (ashleywb), is to use 90% of the products on your page from the current BYOC collection and from at least 3 designers.
Challenge Galleries: (post your pages to these galleries)
There you have your at-a-glance look at all of the new challenges for October. Now you can go create your own layouts inspired by these challenges and then post them to the appropriate galleries as listed above. Then be sure to also post them to the appropriate thread in the challenge forum. See the thread HERE for further challenge guidelines and see the October Challenge Pad HERE to get started! Don’t forget to post all of your completed layouts in the Challenge Layouts thread so we can be sure to get you the proper coupon at the end of the month. I’ll be back near the end of the month to shine the spotlight on some of the pages created for these challenges! I can’t wait to see what you come up with! Happy scrapping!