WINNER!! DARE TO WIN "ROAD TESTED" BEFORE IT CRASHES INTO THE SHOP!

Discussion in 'Announcement Pad' started by ForeverJoy, Oct 25, 2016.

1. Nancy50

Nancy50 Member

Act like you are calm but hold your breath!

ForeverJoy likes this.
  2. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

ohhh guys!!!!! you will LOVE this !!!!!! (well I love all Renee's creations) this is SO so amazing, and even for any other driving pages, is awesome!!!!!

ForeverJoy likes this.
  3. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

With my eldest, my hubby did all the initial learning-to-drive sessions until it got down to chipping away at the 100 hours of driving that she had to complete to qualify for her Provisional Licence, that was all on me! She is a pretty good, cautious driver but we did have some heated moments when she made normal teenage choices that my old nerves couldn't take (I have lots more grey hair now!)! She has been driving on her own for over a year and has successfully made it to her Green Ps unscathed so I call it a job well done!

Now my youngest ......... she is a whole different kettle of fish! I have a year before she can get her Learners Permit and life as I know it changes forever ... its going to be bad people! BAD!!! I love her to bits but this girl is a risk taker, rule breaker and all around fearless teen! Get off the streets of Brisbane people .... that is all!

ForeverJoy likes this.
  4. suruha

suruha Member

I taught all three of my children to drive. And, lived to tell the story! LOL
    I did this thing: I held my left hand out, palm up and told the child who was at the wheel that there was an egg in my hand. "Don't let it fall and break!" Seriously! I wanted them to learn to drive smoothly, rather than jack rabbit starts and brake-screeching stops. It really went a long ways in helping them to be steadier and, thus, more confident. I don't know where the idea came from. But, keeping my self calm, and doing the egg thing, calmed them. I don't remember having too many issues. But, they also all went to drivers' ed. It went towards lowering my insurance.

ForeverJoy likes this.
  5. nanascrapper

nanascrapper Well-Known Member

Yes being your child's driving instructor was scary and the (imaginary) passenger side brakes definitely got a workout.....but scarier still was when they had passed their tests (with flying colours) was knowing that they could now drive on their own!

ForeverJoy likes this.
  6. middie

middie Member

Neat video but less scary for me than for others. Only a fool would teach their teen to drive.... that's what driving schools are for. Let the professional teachers do it...... they have a better health care plan that includes PTSD. Mind you..... once driverless cars are here (and they are coming soon), the nightmare of teenage drivers will be gone (as long as they don't find a way to hack the onboard computer). Middie

MrsPeel and ForeverJoy like this.
  7. ForeverJoy

ForeverJoy Swimming in the big tank

:eg9 THAT was an awesome read guys!!! Thank you so much for playing along and sharing your memories- and bonus! You can just copy and paste what you wrote and you have terrific journaling for a layout! :yup

I wrote a little bit about my not-so-funny-real-feels memories on the blog today in this post if you want to take a peek :beat

The ROAD TESTED page kit will be live in the shop any moment- and hope you take a look at some of the awesome layouts the creative team made with it- they had me cracking up!! :giggle

As for our little game..

:happyclapWe have a WINNER!! @carrie1977 !!! Congrats Carrie!!! and BIG thank you :wub to everyone for playing along!
    [​IMG]

MrsPeel likes this.
  8. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

Eeeeeeeeep! Yay! Thank you so much!!

enjoyyourpix likes this.
  9. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

carrie1977 likes this.
  10. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

congrats Carrie!!

carrie1977 likes this.
  11. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

Used this baby already, @ForeverJoy !! Thank you again!!
    [​IMG]

ForeverJoy, enjoyyourpix and meterr like this.
  12. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

ohhhhhhh MY!!!!!!!!!! couldn't have gone to a more amazing person!!±!!!!!! I was just singing her praises last night <3 Renee, you rock!!!!!!!
    @carrie1977 congrats!!!!!!!!!

ForeverJoy and carrie1977 like this.
  13. meterr

meterr I've got ICE in my veins!

Well, I dont drive myself... my only child that drives taught himself! True terror!!!!

ForeverJoy likes this.
  14. suruha

suruha Member

I guess I am just a fool, then. LOL

ForeverJoy likes this.
  15. sucali

sucali sucali

Congrats Carrie!!!

ForeverJoy likes this.
  16. nietis

nietis Well-Known Member

Congrats, Carrie!