WINNER!! DARE TO WIN "ROAD TESTED" BEFORE IT CRASHES INTO THE SHOP!

Discussion in 'Announcement Pad' started by ForeverJoy, Oct 25, 2016.

1. dawnmarch

dawnmarch Actually, no. You are not funny!

Love this! My DD just got her license last month so I can so relate. My method was mainly taking deep breaths and trying not to freak out when she made mistakes since that would probably just make things worse!

ForeverJoy likes this.
  2. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

4 teens, I taught them all to drive
    and
    yep
    I peed!
    bhahhahhah

ForeverJoy likes this.
  3. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I taught 3 of my siblings to drive. Church parking lots, and my work parking lot.
    #1 was overly excited about speed. But I was younger and dumber, so less scared.
    #2 was overly afraid of speeding. As in 5 - 10 miles under the speed limit! Totally scary.
    #3. Sigh he just scared me. His depth perception is not great, so he tends to drive too close to the middle line in the road for my comfort! He had paid driving lessons with instructors @berniek, but still had to do a certain amount of hours with parents/adults. He still scares me to drive with.

ForeverJoy likes this.
  4. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Sell the car, buy a bicycle.

ForeverJoy likes this.
  5. olsondetours2000

olsondetours2000 I'll use small words, you warthog faced buffoon.

I'm just praying that by the time my 13 year old is 16, they have moved the legal driving age to 21!

ForeverJoy and BevG like this.
  6. StarryEyedDesigns

StarryEyedDesigns My goal, is to make a goal

I haven't had to yet! My oldest son is 19 and doesn't have his license yet. He's tried once and failed :( He also lives with my sister in MA, so it's been her problem...LMAO

My middle son turns 16 next month, SO it's definitely coming!! I am SO NERVOUS! I failed twice, got it on the 3rd try.

Thanks for the chance!

ForeverJoy likes this.
  7. Persia

Persia New Member

Breathed slow to calm me down, handed hubby the keys.. prayed he would come back in one piece

ForeverJoy likes this.
  8. barbaraj

barbaraj Well-Known Member

I have survived teaching 2 teens to drive. I still have the gray hairs I received when my son drove though a red light he didn't even see. Biting fingernails was not an option as they were already down to the quick.

ForeverJoy and jkcantwell like this.
  9. Lindzee

Lindzee Aging gracefully

Both my children wanted to learn to drive on stick shift so it did complicate the issue. Hubby too impatient so the deed was left to the grave mom. Once we got past all the stalling, it was pretty easy.

ForeverJoy likes this.
  10. jkcantwell

jkcantwell Active Member

I have to combine memories of learning to drive with the horrifying realisation that my elder son is less than two years away from learning to drive! Aargh! When did I get so old?!
    My mum took me down to the quietest roads in our area - country lanes, really - and had me drive around those until I was comfortable. Then we got to the busier roads of our little town with Mum closing her eyes and praying, I think!

Fortunately we also have quiet roads where we now live in Tasmania so elder son will learn that way too, I think I'll have to teach him as he and hubby clash far too much to be trusted together in driving lessons! But my 12 yo - 4 years away from learning to drive - now he really gives me nightmares about driving. Definitely leaving the teaching to hubby for him!

Can't wait for this kit! Love the previous instalments.

amandac and ForeverJoy like this.
  11. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

hee-hee, so my life right now! :)

ForeverJoy likes this.
  12. mmbstaley

mmbstaley Well-Known Member

I refused to drive with them until they had finished all of the hours of drive school training - hubby got the early hours pleasure. Then, I just stomped on the imaginary brake a lot and squeezed the life out of the arm rest.

ForeverJoy likes this.
  13. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

Lets just say that I'm so so so glad that all six of my children are done with learning to drive! I learned a HUGE lesson with my first....... I personally got a talking to from a police officer :drivingI was trying to be in control by telling him what to do..... We came up to a stop sign and I looked my way and told him it was good to go, thinking he was looking his way, and he just went, well there was a little crash as there was a car coming from his direction. When it was explained to the officer what had happened, he took me aside and explained that I need to sit quietly be eyes open and only say something if they are in the process of doing something that would be wrong. That they need to learn to make these decisions.
    #2 great driver
    #3 great driver (old lady type of driver and still is at 26)
    #4 great driver
    #5 too fast and broke late for stop signs...... :faint2
    #6 great driver

ForeverJoy and Tracey Monette like this.
  14. Tracey Monette

Tracey Monette Active Member

OMG this has got to be a learning to drive kit of some type I'm thinking. I have the most hesitant daughter in the world on that point. She's had the booklet to learn everything she needs for a learners permit since last spring and still is not ready even for that test at 16 1/2!

ForeverJoy likes this.
  15. lulyg14

lulyg14 Testosterone Overload

Crazy scary time! And way too many scratches on my car! And I had 2 boys back to back! There is a reason why they charge more for teen boys car insurance!

ForeverJoy likes this.
  16. ForeverJoy

ForeverJoy Swimming in the big tank

You guys are KILLING me!!! :giggle

17. Electra

Electra Shutterbug

There was some yelling involved.
    And then I got out of the truck and called a friend to teach her to drive.:faint2:duh:hairpol

ForeverJoy likes this.
  18. Aussiegirl

Aussiegirl Why yes, I CAN help you get to Disney!

I grabbed the baseball bat. It's what I did growing up if I was home alone and got scared!

ForeverJoy likes this.
  19. gabber

gabber New Member

LOL! too funny! great video! my daughter's only 12 so we haven't survived it...yet ;) i'm sure i'll close my eyes, tighten my neck brace a little more & hang on for the ride!

ForeverJoy likes this.
  20. giatocj

giatocj New Member

I am going through it right now with my grandson and OH.MY.GOODNESS...I had forgotten how utterly nerve-wracking this process is. I am very glad I have a great hairdresser who can return my hair from white to "normal" when this is all over!!

ForeverJoy likes this.