Where are you going? | Pad Patter 4.26

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by IntenseMagic, Apr 26, 2020.

1. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I don't really have much desire to head in to any crowded stores. I can wait a bit longer for that. I miss my little local places the most, being able to visit the state parks, and my hair salon!

2. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I’m in big trouble because it’s practically in our backyard!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IntenseMagic likes this.
  3. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I am sure that they miss you very much as well. I hope that precious lady is able to have her family there for her birthday!!

4. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Other than visiting with family more freely, I would love to go to Michael's and a book store. Just get a coffee and walk around. I'm on the cautious side though, and will let others venture out before I do. I have a couple of health conditions that put me on the "be extra safe" list, so I'll wait to see what happens when things start opening up.

5. Donitab

Donitab If only the TV would yell back

Like most of us, I’m waiting to see what happens when they loosen the restrictions before I venture too far. BUT, when things look better and the season has died down (and history shows it probably will), I’ll go see my two grandsons and then to California to see my son. We had to cancel our trip out there this month and I miss him. Restaurants - I really want to go to Pappadeaux, but it’s 7 hours away so may have to settle for CHOP CHOP and any place with a Margarita. I’m not a big drinker but I have missed getting one every now and then. It’s only because I know I can’t that makes me what one.

6. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I'm glad Virginia is not hurrying to open back up again. I'm afraid of the second wave. I have not given any thought to what place I'll visit other than the grocery store in the coming months. Unless the preschool calls me. I had an interview with them just days before the lockdown and they have encouraged me to keep checking in with them, but they've mostly closed down so obviously can't be hiring right now after all. Which is fine with me. But even before the virus shut down the world, we were facing financial insecurity, so if I'm offered a better paying job, I will feel an urge to take it. But we're doing okay for now and in no rush to be out there spreading germs around.

Anyway, even with things opening up, we'll still have to be wearing masks, right? Ugh. I've been hating wearing a mask just once a week to the grocery store; it'll be annoying having to do it more often.

I wish the people rushing opening up would understand it's not THEM we're worried about getting sick but the exponential way that germs spread. They might not even get sick but spread the germ anyway, to others who spread it further, and further.

7. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

I'm in Illinois and we have another month of stay at home, now thru the end of May. Plus masks are required when in public effective May 1. I don't think I'm going anywhere soon...

8. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Ugh... I REAAALLLLY need to get back to the gym. I've been walking outside instead, but that is not as good of a workout and I'm also eating all the cookies.... so yeah. :giggle But, even when the gyms are allowed to open, I'm not sure I'm going to be willing to go anyway. I'm mean, talk about a place to share germs. {shudders}

I think the place I'm going to go first though is over to our friends house to have a fire, drink some wine, play some cards, etc. I miss that most right now. Zoom is good, just not quite the same.

9. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

I really need to get my hair colored (darn grays), so I'm gonna book an appointment as soon as possible. Other than that, I'm not in a rush to go anywhere. I was a social distancer before it was cool. On the other hand, my hubby and girls are going stir crazy and want to get out and be with people. My girls really miss their friends.

10. janedee

janedee Is a craft project ever really finished?

Apart from seeing more of the family again, I'm hoping we'll still get to take our trip we booked to go down east in July.

11. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

I haven't thought much about this, either. Since I already live where a lot of people vacation, I think I just want to be able to sit on the beach and watch the people walk by. Then I hope my daughter and her husband can get here to visit. They've already had to cancel and re-schedule 3 trips.

12. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

We had to cancel a trip to Williamsburg, VA to visit the Historic Triangle (Colonial Williamsburg, Jamestown, Yorktown) and Busch Gardens. We would've made it if our plans were for one week earlier, but we couldn't change them since we were going the week our floors were going to be refinished. I've been dying to get back there since I haven't been to the colonial area since early February (I usually go once a month).

Other than that it'll be good to get back to church on Sundays.

BevG likes this.
  13. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Okay, I thought about it -- out to eat where I can sit down, someone waits on me, someone else cooks the food, and someone else does the dishes.

bestcee and Donitab like this.
  14. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

I get it @BevG I am the one who goes out for almost all the groceries, I am the one who cooks it all but he does bring the bags in from the car AND handle all the dishwashing (dishwasher packing and loading) but it's not as much fun as it used to be. I'm finally going to do some baking soon.

BevG likes this.
  15. BevG

@cookingmylife -- Oh yes, lots of baking going on at our house - bad news is there are no guests we can feed it to...

16. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

@BevG I'm going to make shortbread to give to friends who think it's a really big deal. LOL 1 2 3...

1/2 c sugar, 1 c butter (1 stick), 2 c flour Pat the dough, pricked gently with a fork, into a tin and @ 325 til golden. Cut into fingers while still warm and box up.

17. BevG

hmm -- 1 stick of butter is 1/2 cup.. so 1 or 2 sticks? I love a good shortbread and have not made any for a long time.

18. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

I just want to go for a good cup of joe with my BFF.

BevG likes this.
  19. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

My first errand involves getting my iPhone fixed, it broke on day 2 or 3 of lockdown about 5 weeks ago, still have another 10 days til I can fix it all going well. If nothing else it made me realise how much I rely on it normally but over the time haven’t really missed it either

20. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Depending, you may be able to do that already. My mom got hers done two weeks ago. Apparently, the way her salon is set up, they could do hair because they each have their own room.