Week #2 November Muse Challenge

Discussion in 'Art Journaling' started by wombat146, Nov 11, 2020.

1. wombat146

wombat146 Check out my kilt! And my turret!

Hi everyone, welcome to the Wacky Nov Muse challenge! Ona here to bring you Week 2. :)

For Week 2 we are going to be looking at the MOON. Using a quote from the Inspiration board below, I want you to create a layout that expresses how or what you feel when you are out at night, looking at the moon and starry skies. Is it something you enjoy doing, or not? How does it make you feel? What thoughts go through your head as you look up to that great expanse of night above us? Do you have any special memories associated with the moon?

Challenge Rules: While you can scrap anything about the moon, you do need to include one (or more) of the quotes from the Inspiration board below. You may use the entire quote, or just a part of it, or use different lines/words from each one to make your own personal one (but please be sure to credit the person that wrote the original quote in your credits). You can also add your own journaling or extra wordart as well if you like.

Inspiration Board:

MOOD-MOOD-BOARD-WEB.jpg
    (I used quotes found on Pinterest which are on one of my boards: https://www.pinterest.com.au/onaboo/fave-quotes-and-sayings-to-use/)

I love to sit outside and watch the moon and the stars and I normally go out onto the front deck for a few minutes each evening when it isn't raining. Looking up at the stars and moon always makes me feel better. It's extra special when I get to feel a night breeze blowing through my hair when I am looking up at the moon or stars, it just feels so soothing and magical.

I have hundreds of the photos of the moon, lol! Watching that full moon slowly rise up in the eastern evening is always to amazing for me, and never gets 'old'. While I don't get to see as many stars as I did at the old place (because we were out in the bush away from the city lights), down here I get to see the moonlight shining off the ocean in the distance and it totally makes up for it as it is soooo very beautiful!

For my page I ended up using photos that I took of the last full moon, a few nights ago.

12X12-FULL-MOON---MY-SOUL-700.jpg
    Credits are in the gallery.

You may create any style of layout (ie. clean and simple, artsy, pocket style etc.) you wish, with or without a photo. Create any size page you wish. This is for everyone, so have fun and see where the inspiration takes you.

Please post your layout to the Art Journaling Gallery HERE prior to DEC 1st, 2020 and then post it in this thread by copying the code (at the right of your gallery image) from the box under "Share BB Code".

We will draw a winner at the beginning of next month for a coupon!! You can use any products in The Lilypad store or retired products from current Lilypad designers, (just make sure you follow our gallery guidelines).

Dalis and Annsofie like this.
  2. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

It is not the moon but this worked so well for the photo I found with Jaimee's kit in the SOSN. I used one of your quotes.
    [​IMG]

Dalis and Dady like this.
  3. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

I am in LOVE with all the quotes!!!!!!!!

4. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Mine:

[​IMG]

Dalis, AJK and A-M like this.
  5. KAPOH

KAPOH Well-Known Member

6. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

thank you for the inspiration
    [​IMG]

Dalis likes this.
  7. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    I also like to stand out on my deck looking at the moon - sometimes the full moon is so bright it lights up the room. With all the fires, the sky has not been very clear for months until just lately so I can begin my ritual once again.

Dalis likes this.
  8. sbpoet

sbpoet Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Since I have a series of moon poems, I decided to use my own, instead of one of the quotes. Hoping that's ok.

Dalis likes this.
  9. wombat146

wow! ladies, you never cease to amaze with your fabulously creative layouts!! these are super stunning!! :fairydance:heartlub

10. Dady

Dady Well-Known Member

Thank you Ona for this challenge ♥️

[​IMG]

Dalis likes this.
  11. Electra

Electra Shutterbug

What a lovely challenge, thank you! And your sample page is OUT OF THIS WORLD! :giggle
    [​IMG]

Dalis likes this.
  12. Pups_r_Paps

Pups_r_Paps Well-Known Member

An ATC for this week:
    [​IMG]

Dalis likes this.
  13. Annsofie

Annsofie Crime Books & Cozy Nooks

14. wombat146

Stunning additions ladies, your pages have been magical and I have enjoyed looking at every single one of them! Cynthia will be hosting this week's challenge so be sure to look our for her! :)

Dalis likes this.
  15. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

[​IMG]
    Better late than never.

Dalis and wombat146 like this.
  16. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

What A Great Muse!...I LOVE! All Things Moon & Stars!...I Think Most People In Sometime In Their Lives...Have Wished Upon A Star!...Or 2!...Or Have Gazed Up To The Sky...& Hoped The Answers To Their Many Questions About Life & Perhaps Love!...Will Be Answered!...Or Have Dreamed Of Being Among The Stars!...Or Seeing Or Perhaps Meeting "The Man In The Moon"...LOL!...So Much Beauty! Mystery! & Wonder! To Behold!...That's What My Layout Is All About!...It Is All About Our Inner Moonchild!...In Awe Of The Stars & The Moon!...Searching For The Answers To The Universe!...Being Wild In Our Imagination...& Free!...One With The Eternal Universe Of The Stars & The Moon!...

* For The Rules Of This Challenge... : I Chose The Larger Poem To Take My Lines From :

*She's A Moonchild
    *Playing Hide & Seek
    *With The Ghosts Of Dawn

By Pumpernickel Pixie

*To Create My Moonchild Layout-I Used:In My Quiet Place By Little Butterfly Wings

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 22, 2020
    Dalis likes this.
  17. EHStudios

EHStudios I am more clever than I think

I don't have an actual moon on mine (unless you count my glowing white face! HA!), but I used the 3rd quote down from the left. Love this!

[​IMG]

Dalis likes this.
  18. CaroB71

CaroB71 Why, yes, I DO know the answer!

Thanks for a fun challenge!

[​IMG]

Dalis likes this.
  19. Claire Grantham

Claire Grantham Pollywog

Such a fun challenge. I am a big Moon fan.

[​IMG]

Lillyia and Dalis like this.
  20. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

I got it done!

[​IMG]