Weather Pattern to YOUR Scrapping|pad patter 3Apr2019

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by AnneofAlamo, Apr 3, 2019.

1. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I wrote a BLOG today-Weather Pattern to YOUR Scrapping and it is so true. I love to in the middle of winter, pull up summer time photos and bask in the remembrance of hot summer days! Then sometimes, the spring breeze with the hint of summer coming brings out the dark emotions of life too.
    Do you find yourself scrapping opposite to the seasons in your life?

Angela Toucan likes this.
  2. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Good question, Anne! I'm always affected by the weather. In the winter, at the first snow, I am giddy about getting outdoors and taking snow pics with Taz, then scrapping them. Then I start to hate winter, the cold, the darkness. Then I start looking at spring/summer photos and wanting to scrap the colors, the light, the energy, of those seasons.

3. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Very good question, Anne. You're like me - you live where it's hot and hotter. I do enjoy pulling out my winter pictures and scrapping them. Most of the time, though, I prefer to scrap my palm trees and sunny weather.

4. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I wish I could scrap nothing but summer photos :giggle When it's not winter, I don't even like to be reminded of it, I hate it that much. So I guess, yes, in the winter I like to be reminded of summer...but no, in the summer I do not like to even think about winter.

5. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

I like to have several projects going on at once so I can chose which to work on based on my mood. I have finished and printed 2018, except for 2 vacations in 2018 which will be in separate books. I think this is the earliest I have been done with a prior year.

6. Chippi

Chippi Those chicken nuggets are just waiting to attack

That is interesting... I think being on the other side of the world, I/we kind of get pushed into it. All of the beautiful spring kits are emerging, and we are quickly dropping in to bitter cold, especially down here in Tasmania. They do keep me warm though!
    The only time the seasonal kits become confusing is all the snowflakes in Christmas kits, lol! Even that is not an issue though, I just put snowflakes on Summer Christmas pages!

Angela Toucan likes this.
  7. KarenW

KarenW Send in the Clowns

Yep , totally this. It is getting very cold here as well (Canberra) and I am looking at Adelaide and they are still getting in to the mid 30sC (mid 90sF) and am feeling jealous - not ready to hand over warm weather yet...

So I am using the BYOC for this month (so good as always!) and it is full of Spring goodness and I get a bit sad... But I am still in a T shirt so not to despair yet - that will come in about 2 weeks when it gets very cold very quickly!

8. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

I'm with Jan - would love to only scrap warm weather and summer! I tend to scrap what is being released by the designers. Always love playing with the new stuff! :D

And by the way - it is freezing rain here right now. But sup'd to be 65 tomorrow. Crazy!

AJK likes this.
  9. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Like Jenn, the designers "guide" me based on their new releases. It's fun to shop in the store and get inspiration. :stash

10. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Whether weather :-)giggle ) matters or not, I usually create based upon the topic, or inspiration. So, I guess my answer is not affected (creatively) by weather.

11. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

Yes, I generally scrap opposite to what the weather is, not so much because that's what I feel like, but because the designers produce in line with the Northern Hemisphere weather and I love playing with new stuff. So yes to the gorgeous designs and if I have to use 6 months old photos I will.
    Although I have been known to use snowy kits to showcase hot summer and aircon filled photos.